in a predicament trying to gain

Options
i’ve always been super thin and tiny my entire life and i’ve been trying to gain weight for years to absolutely no avail but yesterday i noticed that i was a little bigger in the butt, thighs, and stomach. not a lot, but enough for it to be noticeable when i wore shorts instead of sweats for the first time in a very long time. i weighed myself today and learned that i gained 5 lbs since the last time i’d checked maybe about a month ago, which should have been great considering how badly all i’ve ever wanted was to gain weight but now i’m kind of freaking out about it? i didn’t change anything about what i was eating and i wasn’t exercising any more or less than normal. 5 lbs isn’t even that much of a difference but i’ve been the same weight since i was like 14 so i don’t really know how to deal with finally gaining i guess. any advice would be super appreciated!! (if it matters i’m 19, 5’5 and 105 lbs)

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Keep your protein up to help build muscle and keep working out. I HIGHLY recommend strength training/progressive resistance to strengthen your bones and put muscle in you. I know there can be a certain amount of mental discomfort with gaining, but you have a LONG WAY before you're even IN the healthy BMI for your height. So, put the scale away for a while if you need to and focus on your training and healthy eating. <3
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,594 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The hoped for response would be that you would be happy you're getting healthier and would be re-invigorated in your pursuit of continuing to improve your health! :heart: Beyond that, @sardelsa is one smart lady. Liz is not too bad either--assuming she doesn't continue to risk both life and limbs to save her canines from the attacking squirrel!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    *Note: Not the chipmunk in my profile pic. That one is only kind of psychotic, and as they say, "better the psycho you know..." Or is that "the psycho in the hand is better than the one jumping out of the bushes?" Hmmm.