13»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Have you eaten 10,500 cals over maintenance this week?

I think my maintence is around 1800 so...2200-2300 cals/ day so...I guess not

Guess or know?

Do agree with some other posters that you need to have a serious think about if you are ready to deliberately bulk. This seems to be causing you a lot of stress, that's not a happy or healthy place to be.

Know. It’s something I will think about.

A suggestion. Why not eat at what you think are your maintenance cals for 2 months and see what they daily fluctuations are in your weight for those 2 months. Then you will have an idea. Those daily weights you posted look similar to my fluctuations. I can’t say whether they are ‘normal’ for you.

Each post you have made sounds like you are panicking and honestly I would say don’t bulk if you are panicking. You simply don’t have to. Do some work around what is making you so anxious then when you are more chilled, try a gaining phase again. It may take longer but the alternative. - bring anxious for months on end- does not sound like a good place either.

100% agree with this. Based on your posts you are not in a good mental place to bulk, at least not right now. Bulking is not for everyone.

I know there isn't a lot of information on women bulking out there and it can be a lot of unknown and a huge mind trip. But in the end you if this is something you want you have to trust the process and you can't overthink every single little decision or you will drive yourself crazy. I know easier said than done.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Have you eaten 10,500 cals over maintenance this week?

I think my maintence is around 1800 so...2200-2300 cals/ day so...I guess not

Guess or know?

Do agree with some other posters that you need to have a serious think about if you are ready to deliberately bulk. This seems to be causing you a lot of stress, that's not a happy or healthy place to be.

Know. It’s something I will think about.

A suggestion. Why not eat at what you think are your maintenance cals for 2 months and see what they daily fluctuations are in your weight for those 2 months. Then you will have an idea. Those daily weights you posted look similar to my fluctuations. I can’t say whether they are ‘normal’ for you.

Each post you have made sounds like you are panicking and honestly I would say don’t bulk if you are panicking. You simply don’t have to. Do some work around what is making you so anxious then when you are more chilled, try a gaining phase again. It may take longer but the alternative. - bring anxious for months on end- does not sound like a good place either.

100% agree with this. Based on your posts you are not in a good mental place to bulk, at least not right now. Bulking is not for everyone.

I know there isn't a lot of information on women bulking out there and it can be a lot of unknown and a huge mind trip. But in the end you if this is something you want you have to trust the process and you can't overthink every single little decision or you will drive yourself crazy. I know easier said than done.

I agree with everything you both say. I will be keeping track through next week, that is given if I can go to the gym per corona. I am telling myself next Friday will be check in here. I will not post til then and just live w the fluctuations. Perhaps I will attribute them to time of the month :) next Friday. For sure.
  • alexmose
    Gym closed. Maintence for now.
  • alexmose
    Little bit of an update. I have been maintaining well on 1900 cals with resistance 4/day and getting at least 6K steps a day. Plus whatever calories my apple watch gives for cardio (mostly walking). I have decided to up my calls to 2000 to see if i can maintain at this higher level and b/c i have been eating hard boild eggs at 1am to get me through the night :( i have been making up my upper/lower split but will do some research on the lifting thread about maybe some REAL routines :) i feel my core getting stronger! i have never worked my core so much pre-quarantine :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm working my core more also, because I can't do my regular heavy free weights. Have you seen Sydney Cummings on YouTube? I tried her legs, arms&cardio routine and thought it was really good. She has a lot of different workouts to try with dumbbells and bands.
  • alexmose
    I'm working my core more also, because I can't do my regular heavy free weights. Have you seen Sydney Cummings on YouTube? I tried her legs, arms&cardio routine and thought it was really good. She has a lot of different workouts to try with dumbbells and bands.

I have seen her suggested and watched one cardio video while eating dinner lmao but I will perhaps try an arm and back routine.
  • alexmose
    Thought perhaps to just put a little update here. I maintained well on 2000 cals and have now increased to 2100 cals to see if I can maintain. worst comes to worst, i gain a pound of fat in a month. Core work going well. Home resistance training, even with my miserable 20lb adjustable dumbbells is kicking my butt. This is actually my deload week. Although my lighter DL day today (70% weight and 1 less sett per exercise) still kicked my butt. I have been really hungry lately, so I wonder if I am building some muscles with the ability to maintain on more cals. Only time will tell.

One thing I have learned, how the heck did I even survive on only 1700 cals when I was cutting a couple years ago!!??! Anyone else feel like this during maintence?