I need fish recipes plz

tricia647416
tricia647416 Posts: 1 Member
Hi there I need some fish recipes please, I have tilapia, salmon, and bass and I'd like I don't know how to cook them, if anybody out there can give me ideas I would really appreciate it

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Best place to look is probably Pinterest, to be honest. Absolutely endless supply of all sorts of recipes and guides on ‘how to cook’ on there.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Blackened tilapia is so easy. You can bake from frozen.
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    This is my go-to recipe for salmon (it requires an oven-proof skillet): https://www.wellplated.com/soy-ginger-salmon/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    My mom's recipe for Chinese contact fried fish. I have done it with tilapia filets, whole salmon trout, sea bass fillets. My mom would use a whole carp.

Finely dice a cubic inch of ginger and four or five spring onions. If doing this a few hours in advance put the ginger at the bottom of a deep bowl and top with the green onion so that the ginger doesn't oxidate and discolour. When ready to eat put the fish in a serving dish with a lip. Cook until almost opaque in the microwave (my would have poached). Sprinkle the herbs over and add a few large glugs of soy sauce, a large pinch of sugar, something alcoholic (saki. sherry or vermouth), some acidic (lemon, lime or vinegar). Bring to the table. In a small saucepan heat up a quarter cup of vegetable oil very hot (you should smell it just start to smoke). Pour over the fish and herbs to blend the flavours. There will be a lot of dramatic sizzling noises.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Look up salmon piccata ....or honey mustard salmon both are super yummy
  • Killakee
    Killakee Posts: 17 Member
    I stock up on fish whenever I find a good sale, and I like to make them by baking or pan frying them in a little bit of coconut oil and lemon juice! I usually make them with couscous and a warm salad, and I place the fish on top of the salad with a little lemon juice spritzed on top. If you’re going to bake it, season it and place it skin-down with slices of lemon sitting right on top. I fold the thin parts of salmon right under for an even bake. I usually do 375 degrees for 15-ish minutes.

I find when it comes to fish, the simpler the better. Yum 💕
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Frying pan little water tab of margarine 🧈 put the tilapia add pepper of like garlic pepper cook until water evaporates it turns golden brown serve
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Parchment packet with lemon, salt, and pepper baked in oven. Video on YouTube gives instructions.