Just started Couch to 5k at ~300 lbs, and am realizing how out of shape I am

2»

Replies

• VivolaJanet
    VivolaJanet Posts: 12 Member
    Wow, that picture is big. :D
    First time posting a picture in a forum but that doesn't seem to have worked right! Lol
  • midgetgrl72280
    midgetgrl72280 Posts: 27 Member
    How is C25K going? I started day 1 yesterday and it really kicked my butt. I got the usual tomato face that seems to last for about an hour after finishing. (The picture attached is a half hour after doing cool down.)
    I've decided to take the advice and just repeat days until I'm physically ready to move up. Going to reward myself with fitted running shoes if I do 6 sessions in 2 weeks.

I don't think the red face ever goes away. I get really red too after my workouts and you are right. It takes about an hour :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Agreed: red face doesn't go away. I still get red face from running after all these years.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I weigh about 145 pounds and that program is hard for me too! Last time I did it, I repeated the day until it felt like it was time to move on to the next day. Also, I still struggle with pacing myself for a jog and not a run.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    jogging is running. don't sell yourself short

go slow. slower than you think you need to.
    get fitted for shoes. at a local store-if you can. otherwise look online for a shoe finder and consider their recommendations
    stick to the plan.
    don't panic you are doing just fine :)