In Maintenance - what do friends mean to you?

For me I have friends who are losing and maintaining. It's all the same journey. We help each other and inspire each other. It's different than IRL or Facebook because we have a much different commonality.

I keep a small group of friends who are active and engaged on their newsfeeds in MFP. It helps me keep my head in the game, and I like to think of it as a maintaining secret weapon!

Other thoughts?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    For me I have friends who are losing and maintaining. It's all the same journey. We help each other and inspire each other. It's different than IRL or Facebook because we have a much different commonality.

I keep a small group of friends who are active and engaged on their newsfeeds in MFP. It helps me keep my head in the game, and I like to think of it as a maintaining secret weapon!

Other thoughts?

I'm not very active at all on my feed. Most of my friends IRL are fit and active and a lot of the things we do together revolve around activity...hiking, mountain biking, road riding, etc.

I've more or less maintained for going on seven years...my circle of friends have changed a lot in that time.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I feel during the first few years of being in maintenance having friends here definately helped keep my head in the game. But overall my fitness and eating habits have become so ingrained/normal I don't feel that I rely on others any more. But I do have a lovely little circle of friends on here who I would miss if I didn't sign in and see their updates or share what I've been up to :smile:
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    I am in maintenance and very active. I have friends here that are too and some that are still trying to lose. The main thing for me is having the support system and building meaningful friendships weather you are maintaining or losing. Rainbow198 is one of my close friends on mfp.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member

Other thoughts?

As I get older keeping friends gets more and more difficult. Its not how they have friendship's on TV
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    While friends are nice, keeping fit and at a healthy weight is up to me. I'm not going to depend on some external factor that may or may not be there for my outcomes.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Yes, I am in maintenance, but I got there with the help and support of some folks here. The best I can do is encourage and help others who are still trying to lose or hit their goal.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I feel during the first few years of being in maintenance having friends here definately helped keep my head in the game. But overall my fitness and eating habits have become so ingrained/normal I don't feel that I rely on others any more. But I do have a lovely little circle of friends on here who I would miss if I didn't sign in and see their updates or share what I've been up to :smile:

People like you.... 🤟