WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 974 Member
    CONGRATS! @Gidgitgoescrazy That is some awesome work on your part! Way to stick to your goals. All the consistency has paid off!
  • robertefortier536
    robertefortier536 Posts: 10 Member
    I have to apologize for missing last week. The scale I was using is no longer available. Would it be possible to have a new starting weight of 178?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    edited March 2020
    I have to apologize for missing last week. The scale I was using is no longer available. Would it be possible to have a new starting weight of 178?

So glad to see you! It's always good to let me know in advance if you have to miss a week - and you missed 2! Any time you have to miss I can put in an "excused" notation, and then you won't get dropped.

For right now, I only need a current weight, so if that is 178, that is what will go in for Friday's weigh-in. Too bad it's late, though - we could have used that nice loss in our stats for week 2 :smirk:

But it is good you're still here - that is the most important thing. Thanks!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    tyflyxwe9gmn.jpg
    va1gjc5r3vv6.png
    29wun0lcpyty.png
    cb2k2suu6586.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.50%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.47%
    3rd Trimstones 0.36%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 19.7 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 19.5 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 17.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Gidgitgoescrazy 3.74 %
    2nd @wrkonmedaily 2.16%
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 1.75 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Gidgitgoescrazy 6.8 Lbs
    2nd @wrkonmedaily 5.6 Lbs
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @charlottemilton
    @eggfreak
    @jessicakrall8
    @Beka3695
    @TwinMomma2019
    @raleighgirl09
    @CharlesScott78
    @boehle
    @dillyg08

w50a8t5m7l1z.png

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Happy Sunday team!

PW - 177.3
    CW - 177.4 (sigh!)

h6orgc1rjwne.jpg
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 751 Member
    PW: 151
    CW: 148

I'm excited for April because I have not been able to keep up with the group. Did 27 miles on the bike yesterday & 6.6 miles running this morning. I'm tired. Good night! 😴 It's not night, I'm just that tired.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    It ended up being a crazy week. Our schools are closed for the next 3 weeks. It has been emotionally overwhelming. I have been doing with my eating and workouts though. I think with all the chaos, it helps me to have some control over something.

Steps
    Wed 12,775
    Thurs 12,932
    Fri 13,724
    Sat 16,812
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    @jugar

Im almost at 3 weeks post op will weigh in again starting Saturday.
    Thanks
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Wahooooooo! Way to go Vikki! You are doing amazing things for yourself. So proud of all you have accomplished. Definitely wear that tiara and cover yourself in stickers!!!❤️

@conleywoods Kristi, I am so impressed with your report. Not the power outage, crazy storms, and virus update, but how well you roll with whatever life throws at you. Good for you sticking with exercise and good eating. Three cheers for you. ❤️

@KellyBgetsfit sending hugs to you as well. Having taught for many years and checking in with my two colleagues I know how difficult this time is making adjustments to teaching remotely. Sending hugs. Take care of yourself. ❤️

I did some Pilates this morning. Food and water have been pretty good. This week has been surreal with social distancing, empty grocery stores, etc. I think I will plan to make myself a Cosmo later. I deserve it. 🍸

Stay safe. Stay healthy. We’re all in this together.

Cheers, Michele xoxo
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Great job @Gidgitgoescrazy !!! All that hard work is paying off! Congrats 🎉
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Luxembourg is getting a little crazy with the C19 preparation and response. The schools are closed, public transport has been reduced and most businesses are shutdown or teleworking. The cafes and most importantly the bars are open... 🤷🏼‍♀️

But thankfully the sun is finally back and the rain has stopped! I went for an hour bike ride today and a nice long walk with the man of the house.
    I was really surprised by the number of kids and families out in the park.

@micki48 here are my steps to end the week
    3/13: 15,459
    3/14: 14,793
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    OK, you made me do it:

q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

@Pearl4686
    @robertefortier536
    @ddmiddleton2
    @lovethyneighbor

Please weigh in ASAP! Thanks!

I posted but I can’t find it now.

• jugar
    @jugar

Im almost at 3 weeks post op will weigh in again starting Saturday.
    Thanks

This is great news! Thanks for letting us know - keep on healing, and drop by to tell tales any time.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    STEPS
    dwwxqwee4k6t.jpeg
  • jugar

I posted but I can’t find it now.

I looked too! Thanks for trying again. Now you're all caught up - come by more often if you can :heart:
  • jugar
    NEWS FLASH: Something new in the spreadsheets!

You may notice that there is a new section on the spreadsheets - "Weeks in the Green".

This section will automatically track how many weeks a team member is "in the green" or loses weight - any amount. We are going to give this a try to help recognize the people who might be losing small amounts and never hit the winners list. They might lose small amounts, but they do it week after week - or at least more weeks than not. I decided to go with the simple version that just tracks weeks when there is a loss and ignores the rest.

Have a look - every week with a loss gets 1 point. At the end of March, we'll publish a list of those with a 3 or a 4 points along with all the other winners. Let's start to recognize the slow but steady people! I hope this will encourage fewer instances of someone losing a huge amount one week, and then bouncing back over the next week or two and becoming discouraged.

Please let me know if you see an problems, inaccuracies, or if you have ideas on other ways we might do this. Thanks!!

You can check it out at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15kaVbWehvGJ6Dt8YBo1LxzUQxd4W-XEyKaOixJpU-OQ/edit?usp=sharing
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Keep up the good work! B)

lvg6um24o1v7.png
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Sunday weigh in

PW 185.1
    CW 182.9

I had an ok week, I reduced my overall food intake by 70 kcals and tried to keep up drinking water. I only achieved 2.2litres of water a day for 3 days but it made a huge difference in my weight. Didn’t walk much at all this week. Will keep trying to. Sleeping wasn’t great on some days but will try and improve that this week. I really don’t know why I lost a lot more than usual so I’ll put it down to the water and calorie cycling.

Stockpiled for 3 months and ready to go. The big stores are out of basics and many now limit tomatoes, pasta, tissue, rice , water etc to 5 packs per person. I knew that wouldn’t be enough because I previously only ever shopped for 5 days and had almost nothing in the cupboard. So I went to the local Asian and African super markets and got most of my shopping done. They have a lot of stock of things that seem to have run out. They also were a bit more expensive but I didn’t mind...I just wanted to make sure I had a full cupboard.

Good week over all, hopefully this coming week is even better.
This discussion has been closed.