Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Covid-19....... are you eating out less because of it?

Replies

• Gisel2015Gisel2015 Member Posts: 3,221 Member Member Posts: 3,221 Member

California, Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts close bars and restaurants in effort to slow coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/15/coronavirus-bars-restaurants-closed-states/5055634002/
  • NorthCascadesNorthCascades Member Posts: 9,788 Member Member Posts: 9,788 Member
    Well, as to the question this thread is about: I don't have a choice anymore, all restaurants in Washington are being closed under an emergency order. Bars too, along with places of entertainment and recreation.
  • Chef_BarbellChef_Barbell Member Posts: 5,741 Member Member Posts: 5,741 Member
    All bars and restaurants are closed here in NYC now. Only take out and delivery.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,195 Member Member Posts: 5,195 Member
    All bars and restaurants are closed here in NYC now. Only take out and delivery.

Same here. And groceries stores are out of stock of everything. All the good stuff like my tumaros wraps. Thank gosh I have a stock of them, they've been out for last 2 weeks. All my favorite items are. I am more worried about keeping items in stock at the grocery store when I need them!
    edited March 16
  • bpetroskybpetrosky Member Posts: 3,886 Member Member Posts: 3,886 Member
    Michigan, following the lead of some other states, has directed all restaurants and bars to close for dine-in service. They can remain open for takeout or delivery service.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/16/michigan-bars-restaurants-closed-coronavirus/5057262002/
  • lkpduckylkpducky Member Posts: 11,290 Member Member Posts: 11,290 Member
  • vggbvggb Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    My husband's office started a two week "lock down" and is advising everyone to work from home and not come in. They just came back from a conference in Las Vegas and the 3 that didn't go will continue on in the office, my husband being one of them.
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 630 Member Member, Premium Posts: 630 Member
    Re eating out- All bars and restaurants to close today in NYC except for take out. Stay well friends!

• amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Member Posts: 10,146 Member Member Posts: 10,146 Member
    Same here, delivery only, not even take out.
  • sammie754sammie754 Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Thoughts? Why yes or why not?

Myself...... I dont remember last time I ate out, I just dont like eating out and not knowing who is prepping my food or who puts what into my food, and I dont even want to know about if they follow proper personal hygiene. so for me covid or not, I dont and wont be eating out.

The same thing can be said about the food you are preparing yourself. You still don't know what's put into it or the personal hygiene of the people who prepared it into the packaging.
  • sammie754sammie754 Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member
    The Governor in Michigan has mandated all restaurants, bars, gyms, and any other places that bring crowds shut down at 3pm today so I guess I won't be eating out at all or going to the gym.
  • NorthCascadesNorthCascades Member Posts: 9,788 Member Member Posts: 9,788 Member
    6.7 million people in the San Francisco Bay Area are under a mandatory shelter-in-place order for at least 3 weeks starting tomorrow.