What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    I recently tried my first ever Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. Oreo McFlurry version.
    After the first couple of bites, the mint became more a toothpaste flavor to me so I didn't finish it :/
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Red meat is GOOD FOR YOU.

I agree.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    kperk91 wrote: »
    I recently tried my first ever Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. Oreo McFlurry version.
    After the first couple of bites, the mint became more a toothpaste flavor to me so I didn't finish it :/

I am a HUGE mint chocolate person but am not a fan of shamrock shakes. Agree they have a toothpaste-y flavor. Like vanilla mint. Arby's has an Andes Mint shake which is a million times better!

mw4b6yo8a4yx.jpg

Yummy! There's a mint blizzard at Dairy Queen but I haven't tried it yet.
  • pancakerunner
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    kperk91 wrote: »

I am a HUGE mint chocolate person but am not a fan of shamrock shakes. Agree they have a toothpaste-y flavor. Like vanilla mint. Arby's has an Andes Mint shake which is a million times better!

mw4b6yo8a4yx.jpg

Yummy! There's a mint blizzard at Dairy Queen but I haven't tried it yet.

I have had it, but not in YEARS
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I don't really like shakes at all. If I have ice cream I want to eat it. (And I do love ice cream, gelato, etc.)

The exception to this is that I made an amazing keto cardamon ice cream (not sweetened at all and cream based, so pretty low carb) that was tasty (and high cal!) but never really set perfectly, and it made great morning affogato-like drink. I'm more of a black coffee person and hate sweetened coffee, but coffee with dairy can be tasty on occasion.

I am not now keto, but this was during my keto experiment.
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I don't really like shakes at all. If I have ice cream I want to eat it. (And I do love ice cream, gelato, etc.)

The exception to this is that I made an amazing keto cardamon ice cream (not sweetened at all and cream based, so pretty low carb) that was tasty (and high cal!) but never really set perfectly, and it made great morning affogato-like drink. I'm more of a black coffee person and hate sweetened coffee, but coffee with dairy can be tasty on occasion.

I am not now keto, but this was during my keto experiment.

oooo I'm different. I prefer milkshakes/malts!
  • pancakerunner
    Nutella is an oversweet insult to both chocolate and hazelnuts.

Wish I thought the same about Nutella ... maybe I'd still be able to fit into my jeans

Have you tried Chocti? Basically a date-based nutella alternative. I prefer it!
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    I do not like french fries,

Once in a while they are done right, crisp on the outside and hot with just the right amount of salt...but that is so rare, like Big Foot or the Loch Ness monster.

Most of the time they are greasy and limp (limp is not a good look on anything)
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I don't eat cheese on my hamburgers. When I order a hamburger at a restaurant I have to specifically request "no cheese" and sometimes I get a look like I must be insane.

And half the time they put it on there anyway because they just cant help themselves 😵
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I don't eat cheese on my hamburgers. When I order a hamburger at a restaurant I have to specifically request "no cheese" and sometimes I get a look like I must be insane.

And half the time they put it on there anyway because they just cant help themselves 😵

Totally agree with this! I feel like I either can't quite taste the cheese anyway (so why bother) or it overpowers the burger. Same with cheese on most sandwiches, unless it's a grilled cheese obviously.

• pancakerunner
    edited March 2020

Totally agree with this! I feel like I either can't quite taste the cheese anyway (so why bother) or it overpowers the burger. Same with cheese on most sandwiches, unless it's a grilled cheese obviously.

Okay... but have you ever had cheese on a burger fresh off the grill?? Put the cheese on the burger patty the last couple minutes of cooking, put the lid on the grill and it get's a nicely-smoked flavor.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I am indifferent toward steak. It is fine, I will have a steak every once in a while, but I'm not like "OMG I'M HAVING STEAK TONIGHT!" crazy about it like most people I know, lol.
  • pancakerunner
    I am indifferent toward steak. It is fine, I will have a steak every once in a while, but I'm not like "OMG I'M HAVING STEAK TONIGHT!" crazy about it like most people I know, lol.

I'm the same. When I have steak it is usually sliced thin and in fajitas or quesadillas.

Beef carpaccio on the other hand... I crave it
  • pancakerunner
    butter on steak is pointless imo
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    butter on steak is pointless imo

Glad I am not the only one. I think this is one of those "chefy" things where butter makes everything better, and therefore, loads of butter on everything. No one really eats like this every day.

Right?? I also don't get butter on crab legs or lobster! Or butter garlic shrimp??? Takes away from it. Butter on the baked potato that comes with the steak though... that's a given
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Maple syrup on pancakes is a waste of calories.

But walden's pancake syrup? sign me up.
  • avadickerson9712
    avadickerson9712 Posts: 2 Member
    I absolutely hate ketchup 🤮