LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Anyone else feel like we're all living in a disaster movie right now?
    I dunno how much everyone else has been following everything going on, but I have been since the beginning of Feb. It's one of the reasons why I haven't been on here much. Trying to get as much info about all of this as I could.

Governor here finally closed all schools until the end of the month. Hoping it's for longer though if they want to try to delay everyone getting sick at the same time.

It's just...... it just feels like an extremely weird surreal time we're living in atm.

Anywho.... back to keto has been fine. I think I may have had a slight allergic reaction once I did start eating more veggies again, but that seems to have passed quickly.

We should have enough keto stuff in the house to stay this way (and not have to go out to get more), but we do have emergency supplies too. NOT keto friendly but if we have to start digging in to it, I'll be forcing OMAD. Certainly don't want to cause my body more inflammation right now by going crazy with some rice and pasta and whatnot lol.

Oh and apparently I'm either now allergic to pollen (when I wasn't before) OR I've just caught a conveniently timed cold. In the past, I'd sometimes get slightly itchy eyes, but now, headaches, super stuffy runny nose, sneezing, cough, and a dry patch in the back roof of my mouth. But no itchy eyeballs though so... /shrugs

And... yep. Just a weird weird time right now.

Hope you're all doing ok! Stay safe!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG I totally agree it seems like a bad dream. it is just crazy here.......Stay safe!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I feel you babe, and I feel like everyone around me is being SUCKED into it! That's the kinda stuff that creates chaos and panic and drives me nuts - I'm being careful and sanitizing and keeping my person to person contact to a min (esp since I have no immune system re: no spleen LOL) but I REFUSE to succumb to the dodgy-a** panic that's going around - I'm like that Kermit gif, just over here drinking my tea, mindin ma business LOL
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes it feels like a disaster movie!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Oh I agree that people shouldn't be panicking. We slowly built up on our emergency supplies. We got more TP (just what we normally buy, not hogging them all) right before that craziness started. I still don't understand that.
    We went out one last time on Saturday to get regular groceries and just..... I'm glad we don't have to go out now.
    Everyone telling us to not be in crowded places and the stores are packed with people trying to shop.
    We had to go out yesterday to get new tires and oil change on my van and the grocery stores we went by were all full parking lots with more people coming in.
    Hopefully the majority of people are taking this seriously and aren't treating it as an extended vacation to travel around everywhere.
    Take this time to be lazy at home /nodnod

Oh and I'm now sure that this is a cold and not a new allergy. Thank goodness but also BOOOO.
    My youngest started getting a cough and runny nose about a week and a half ago and I guess it's just now caught up with me and my oldest boy.
    Guess it's good timing since we don't have to go anywhere and can sleep in now. Bad timing b/c damn does that make me paranoid! lol
    I know it's just a cold though. Super stuffed up w/ a slight cough (throat irritation).

In other news... keto has been going well again! It's still been mostly meat, but it still feels nice to have some veggies again. Going to have to have myself some big salads soon before those veggies go bad though.
  • volgirl1322
    Take care of yourself and family. Hopefully all of this will calm down!

Love me some big salad!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM salad - I agree with your NOD NOD! LMAO :D Time to stay home and be lazyyyyyyyyy!!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Yes, everyone is panic buying and its driving everyone nuts :( Take care and get well soon <3
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!!
    I went MIA again there lol
    Everything is fine here, but let stress and anxiety get the best of me again so had about 2 weeks of eating garbage and now.. I'm just over it.
    Finally back in the right mindset to get back to what I need to do to make this a successful year.

After my last hiccup.. I didn't end up weighing myself, but I'm sure I was back in the 190's (that's where I was at the first time I cheated recently). I didn't weigh myself until this past Friday and was down to 189? or 188?
    Either way it's going back down so yay!

Back to doing keto and I'm on purpose IFing until at least noon each day which seems to be working really well for me right now (been weighing daily and it's gone down each day).
    I haven't been counting calories yet since I basically just started back up and need an adjustment period, but I don't think I've been overeating in terms of calories.
    I want to eventually get back to OMADing, but going to take it slow this time. My brain just isn't ready to jump in to the deep end yet. Doggy paddling w/ my floaties on in the kiddie pool first ;)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hey Boo!!!! Missed ya!!! Welcome back!!! We've alllllllllllllll been on the struggle bus since quarantine started so you're not alone!!! I'm fighting daily just to maintain and haven't even been doing great at that LOL

Nice to hear your cheerful posts again :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hello, Hello! Missed ya too! Welcome back <3 I am in a messy mess too :(
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hello Lisa, welcome back. We are all working our way back. We can and will succeed!
  • volgirl1322
    Hi Lisa,
    Welcome back! We have been on the struggle bus for sure. Glad you are back at it.

Stay strong!
    Hugs :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks everyone :)
    It's good to be back.
    I'm sorry if I don't completely read over everything I miss on everyone's threads, but it's been a while and that's a whole lotta reading! lol

Things are good here though.
    I've been actually in to a store once this entire time. Once I drove to the store b/c I wanted to get something, but the parking lot was jam packed with cars and I'm not messing with large crowds crowded like sardines in a grocery store.
    DH has been doing all of our grocery shopping and so far so good. Made us some crappy homemade masks but guess that's better than nothing right now.
    Better than what most people do.. which is not wear anything at all or wear a mask just covering their mouth.... like... WTF is the point of wearing one if you don't bother covering your nose too?

lol... end rant! ;)

Feeling ok most of the time though. I didn't really go out before so I'm not itching to go out now and we live in a house so the kids can go outside and play freely. We're not all cooped up like some people are thankfully.
    Just every once in a while, I start feeling anxious and like... just.. stressed (hence the junk food I was eating before)..... how frickin weird has 2020 been so far? Seriously... just.... WTF 2020?? Calm your butt down!

Woo boy those cheats were nice though. Being able to just pop in some bread and eat some toast. I was experimenting making bread too which was really fun and tasty.

But I also shot up in weight and felt TERRIBLE once I added in more sugary things. I mean like straight up garbage every single day b/c my body just can't handle "normal" amounts of carbs or sugar. I was popping antacids every night along w/ ibuprofen.
    Thankfully after the first week back on keto, I was feeling so much better. Less bloated, no more aches and pains.
    I know I'm going to feel that way eating junk, but damnit... why's it have to be so tasty huh?? lol

Uh what else. Daughter is out of school for the rest of the school year. Helping her with her school work at home helps make IFing a lot easier. We start around 9:30 and finish around noon. Also not having to wake up to take her to school is... it's nice. Not even gonna lie lol. I know some folks are being driven crazy by their kids, but it's just same old same old here so I'm enjoying not having to wake up early to take her to school or stop everything I'm doing, get my boys ready, and go get her lol.
    I do have to work on my teaching skills though. Thankfully she's only in 2nd grade so what she's learning isn't that difficult, but trying to teach her things that you just naturally know now is... it's definitely weird and difficult sometimes.

Anyway.... IFing has been going well. Still getting hungry during the mornings, but helping my daughter with her work is a good distraction. And I'm only going until at least noon most days. Some days it's a little later, just depending on whatever.
    I've stopped drinking coffee. Wasn't really a conscious decision. I just stopped wanting it. I am still drinking a monster drink in the morning though so it's not a clean fast or anything.
    BUT it's working though. Weight I registered on Friday was 189.6 and this morning about an hour before I broke my fast my weight was 186.8.
    I didn't want to become obsessed with weighing myself again, but it's SO dang encouraging seeing the number go down.
    I also just started exercising again. Nothing much right now, but it's something at least. Bazillionth time trying to start it up. SIGH... I just wanna be skinny, fit and lazy damnit!

• LiLee2018
    Saw 186.2 this morning
    If the scale keeps this up until my Friday weigh-in, I'll be super happy!!
    I can actually see the loss in the mirror today too. My face and neck look slimmer. Maybe wishful thinking, but at least it's positive! lol

Feeling... pretty ok. DH is going grocery shopping after work. It's weird not doing it as a family anymore and I worry each time he goes out, but it's been working for us so far. Just a bit weird with certain food shortages now.. like meat.
    We're still able to get plenty, but we're also not being picky with what we get. He was just able to get ground beef last week after it being sold out for weeks.
    Just.... weird. Weird weird weird

I just hope things opening up again doesn't cause more problems. If businesses just take certain precautions.. making sure to protect their employees.... hopefully everything will get back to.. somewhat normal.
  • LiLee2018
    Feeling good today. I was up about a pound this morning, but also had high fiber foods for dinner and hadn't pooped yet lol.
    At least.. that's what I'm hoping the reason was :P lol
    That was one good thing about coffee... it definitely was reliable to get things moving and out.

Food yesterday was leftover chicken thighs w/ hot sauce, fried coleslaw mix (it's just the veggies, not the mayo and all that), and ground beef burritos for dinner. 2 low carb tortilla shells, pimento cheese, ground beef w/ spices and green bell pepper, onion, romaine lettuce, sour cream
    Also had salted peanuts and lily's chocolate chips.

I've eaten a head of cabbage for lunch today. Yeah.... whole big head of cabbage. I ate it ALL! Steam/boiled it w/ spices until soft and just enjoyed the heck out of it after helping daughter with her work.
    Dinner is Japanese? curry chicken and... something. Would be great with rice but nope....
    Will probably make myself a big salad to eat with it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG the pimento cheeeeeeeeeeeese!!!! I forgot about that and I'm glad your love for it has not waned LMAO
  • LiLee2018
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG the pimento cheeeeeeeeeeeese!!!! I forgot about that and I'm glad your love for it has not waned LMAO

LOL... we actually stopped buying it for a while, but since we switched back to keto, we've gotten it again. I'm gonna have to limit my love for it though. So many calories and I could eat like half the container of it which would be like.. hell I dunno 5k+ calories lol.

• LiLee2018
    Up alone (and enjoying every moment of it! even if I am tired!).... so decided to post.
    Was a nice day today.
    Hubs got a bug up his but to just be outside. It was nice out so he watched the kids play (and do some chalk art with them, aww)... and I cleaned some of the house. Just some gross spots on the carpet and mopped the floors. I looooove the smell of lavender pinesol. Strong but not too overwhelming.
    Anyway, I usually hate doing it, but it was very relaxing and also felt good to actually DO something too. I just need a little bit of alone time.
    Just to do something by myself. Be by myself without my little humans asking for this and that and knowing they're being watched.
    It was nice and much needed.

Ended up breaking my fast at around 1pm with scrambled eggs and slices of ham.
    Dinner was pork spareribs w/ SF BBQ sauce
    snack was SF pudding (made with heavy cream) and few slices of pineapple.

Hubs bought one when he went grocery shopping. I'm not saying no to fresh cut pineapple. Not keto, but worth it! I held back from inhaling all of it in one go lol. Seriously, I could eat like an entire pineapple in a sitting. So dang good. But I limited myself to little triangle slices here and there.

Should probably get to sleep. Have a giant pile of laundry that needs to be folded and put away and I really need to start chipping away at it tomorrow. Will need to muster up as much motivation as I can b/c damn... I don't wanna do it! /cry
  • LiLee2018
    Nice weekend.
    Didn't get much done, but meh.
    DH hurt his back again though. He took the day off. Poor guy. He just started exercising again and was just doing squats when it went out on him again. Wish I could help him.

I started the very horrible process of..... folding and putting away the laundry lol.
    I hate it. I hate it so much. The kids go through SO many clothes (b/c they enjoy playing dress up!)
    But it had to be done. They were wearing the same handful of clothes b/c evveryone was too lazy to dig in the mountain to find something else to wear lol.
    Still have a lot to fold still, but it will get done.
    Did find out that my older son has like NO clothes.
    He's outgrown so much of his stuff that he only has maybe a week's worth of clothes if he changed every day lol.
    We'll definitely have to get him a lot more since he'll be starting school in august.

Anywho...
    Diet and IFing have both been going well. My weight is up some, but AF is right around the corner too so I'm pretty sure that's why. I haven't been doing anything else to warrant a gain.