Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 107

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    musicsax wrote: »
    @carol7878 & @IsMollyReallyHungry and all others who can't visit their loved ones due to the dreaded Coronovirus. It is very hard and especially for those vulnerable people who suffer with dementia & do not understand that there is a reason why their loved ones can;t visit them for their own good. Some years ago, the care home that my father was in ( he very recently passed away) had serious cases of winter 'flu and found it necessary to go into "lock down" to eradicate the infection. They did lose a couple of the most vulnerable residents, but did successfully manage the virus. However, my Dad really suffered; he deteriorated during those two weeks due to not having visits from family, he did bounce back a little, but didn't really get back to the pre 'flu condition.
    Use technology where you can with the help of the homes to have video 'phone contact, that does help.
    Also as others have said on here, keep safe everyone, & keep washing your hands !! But remember this;

2vtiputte0nt.png
    @musicsax - Thanks.....that is very insightful indeed
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,447 Member
    wellnfree wrote: »
    It seems to be the cities that are out of everything. My daughter is right by Calgary, AB, and it’s bizarre there but the small towns still have everything.
    03/17

I think it's because the small towns are more community-minded than the cities. When you know the majority of the community personally, it's easier to realise that you should leave resources for others and only take what you need!