Let’s support each other on this journey! Looking for a weight loss partner

Cedtara22
Cedtara22 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2020 in Getting Started
Weighing in at 285.6lbs at 5’2 and 22 years old, I need to make some major lifestyle changes. I am not new to this weight loss journey as I have lost 98lbs in the past, going from 272lbs to 175lbs. Unfortunately that was back in 2015-2016. Since 2017 I have been gaining the weight back consistently, mainly due to emotional eating...I suffer with depression and anxiety, however my mental health has improved drastically. (No meds just a lot of work) I now feel that I am ready to make this change. I am looking for someone who is willing to go through this process with me, and share the responsibility of being one another’s cheer leader whenever needed. Would also be cool to make a long term weightloss friend in the process. Let’s have fun and lose this weight together! Shoot me a message, age and gender does not matter as long as you are committed :)

Replies

• juhishringi6
    juhishringi6 Posts: 55 Member
    Cedtara22 wrote: »
    Weighing in at 285.6lbs at 5’2 and 22 years old, I need to make some major lifestyle changes. I am not new to this weight loss journey as I have lost 98lbs in the past, going from 272lbs to 175lbs. Unfortunately that was back in 2015-2016. Since 2017 I have been gaining the weight back consistently, mainly due to emotional eating...I suffer with depression and anxiety, however my mental health has improved drastically. (No meds just a lot of work) I now feel that I am ready to make this change. I am looking for someone who is willing to go through this process with me, and share the responsibility of being one another’s cheer leader whenever needed. Would also be cool to make a long term weightloss friend in the process. Let’s have fun and lose this weight together! Shoot me a message, age and gender does not matter as long as you are committed :)

I also need a good feiend for my weight loos journey
  • onehottomatodmz
    onehottomatodmz Posts: 26 Member
    I’m here for friends that would help me along. I started one month ago today and have lost 13.5 pounds so far. Got really depressed yesterday and binged. I started at 170 and want to get down to 119. At 5 feet tall it’s a good weight for me.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I started at 269 on the 1st of Jan... I am down 23 lbs ..... You are welcome to add me ...Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • lisaneal3366
    lisaneal3366 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello, I think I could use some support now that I'm over 50, it is so hard to keep the weight off. I'm not new to MFP, I did really good back in 2014-2017 staying between 170-174 using MFP. Now I'm 192lbs, 5'3 and about to turn 54. Congrats to you all for posting, that's a start. Congrats to those that have lost weight and those that WILL lose weight, including me. I would like to lose 20lbs asap, but i know it's going to take some time. I would love to be a member to this group🙂
  • jenniferkidwell
    jenniferkidwell Posts: 3 Member
    I’m in!
  • BUTTERFLYBEAUTY20
    BUTTERFLYBEAUTY20 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 100% in
  • Feel free to add me, I'm looking for some active friends to keep me going as well!
  • Naveen_ndml
    Naveen_ndml Posts: 2 Member
    You have my support dear I weigh 230 pounds and trying to reach that goal
  • Almond1231
    Almond1231 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’m new and ready for a new journey so feel free to add me I’m in. Looking for new friends as well to help each other along the way
  • Horses4Two
    Horses4Two Posts: 45 Member
    I'm here to support ! My son suffers from anxiety and depression and last year had serious mental health problems. Good job on working hard on feeling better. Many blessings
  • Jaylin2118
    Jaylin2118 Posts: 3 Member
    Im here we got this Beautiful
  • mariekenji
    mariekenji Posts: 23 Member
    feel free to add me, I started at 220, now 207 working my way down to 150. any females feel free to add me if you want a friend and support.
  • Breuhhhh
    Breuhhhh Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 27, 5’2”, 246 lbs. I had my first and only child in 2018. I was almost 300 lbs. I’m still far away from my goal. My main goal is improving my health for the sake of my daughter. I’m a stay at home mom, so I don’t have many friends. I definitely need a friend to help stay accountable and motivated. We could share recipes and exercise routines.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Hi all! If you want to try a team approach, here is one that has some amazing people. All different ages, some who have lost, some who are just starting, all supporting and helping each other. Check it out!

FAT 2 FIT APRIL REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!!!!

Looking for a support group?
    Looking to get as much as you give?

Fat 2 Fit is inviting you to join!

We are a weight loss challenge and support group. We have teams for accountability and challenges for motivation.

Come join the best bunch of losers on MFP :)

Click here to see what we are all about:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us? Click here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789583/april-registration#latest
  • chasitystiff4908
    chasitystiff4908 Posts: 3 Member
    Add me girl we got this
  • GYMFOCUSED1
    GYMFOCUSED1 Posts: 8 Member
    I am in