What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went climbing on Monday, after 24 hours' travelling and 7 hour time difference. It didn't go particularly well.

I went climbing yesterday. I had a theory that climbing is a good way of recovering from jet lag. It appears that I was wrong - yesterday was my worst session in a long time.
  • jmakin88
    jmakin88 Posts: 1 Member
    Back and shoulder day. Warm up with 100 assisted pull ups. Then 6 sets of pull downs with the last 2 sets being SETH sets. Then 6 sets of close grip cable rows superset with wide grip cable rows. Last two sets of each being SETH sets. Then behind the back side cable raise superset with cross body cable raise. 6 sets of 12 each and last two sets SETH sets again. 6 sets of 15 Arnold press superset with dumbbell side raises and dumbbell front raises. Then reverse drop sets of dumbbell shrugs to failure from 40-90lbs then back down.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Leg Press 4x8
    Weighted step-ups 3x8 each leg
    Dumbbell bench press 1x10, 2x8
    Kinesis chest press 3x8
    Standing dumbbell press 3x6
    Tricep pushdowns 3x12
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    60 minute rowing (C2) workout again today. Light and easy. HR only got to 140 once. Slow but that doesn't bother me any longer. More looking at the long run.
  • MikePfirrman
    60 minute rowing (C2) workout again today. Light and easy. HR only got to 140 once. Slow but that doesn't bother me any longer. More looking at the long run.

Repeat today except let the drift go up to 145. A bit more meters than yesterday, but not a lot. Working on a slow rate (strokes per minute) along with a stronger stroke (after my back injury, I became pathetically weak very fast).
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    CrossFit wod "Air Force"
    20 thrusters
    20 sumo deadlift high pull
    20 push jerks
    20 overhead squats
    20 front squats
    4 burpees at the top of every minute

I scaled the weight to 55 lbs.

warm up 500m row
    cool down 500m row
  • jeff97266
    jeff97266 Posts: 93 Member
    Stretching (90 sec)
    Squats (30)
    Step on Park Bench (60)
    Jog (1.5 miles / 13 min)
    Walk (30 min)
  • MikePfirrman
    Hard, longer interval workout today. 1000m warmup (on the Concept2 rower), 1000m hard, repeat for an hour. Had to take a 3 minute break in the middle as I developed two blisters right in the middle. Likely gripping too tight on my right hand.

Got my HR up to the 90% Max on each of the 6 intervals (really 5.5 intervals because the Band-Aid fiasco). 1000 plus calories burned in an hour. Average HR over 160. Hit 188 a few times during it.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    60 min spin class
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    15 mile walk, with around 2,000 feet total ascent.

It was very, very muddy. It was nice getting to the countryside, which was deserted.
  • MikePfirrman
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    All about indoor trainer and walking outside for the time being. No gym for me.
    60 min spin class

And this is just stupid these days.

Some don't have access to bikes or pools or weights. We have to be patient and kind. Gyms will likely close in weeks. All the gyms in Europe are already closed.

By the way, though, Tai Chi is a great alternative to water aerobics for those that need water therapy and there are great videos on YouTube.
  • gunderw59
    CrossFit
    30 sec work 30 sec rest and switch
    5 rounds of
    wall balls 16 lb
    toes to bar
    box jumps
    push press 55 lb
    rowing

total reps completed - 255
  • MikePfirrman
    60 minute, nice and easy C2 row in the yard, with HR not averaging 70% of max. Reading from Masters rowers in Europe that they are recommending not too much work in the "red zone" (90% of max HR) as it lowers the immune system. Something I'll have to keep in mind. I might change my workouts where I'm only doing one hard day out of six, instead of two hard days. My wife is 59 and somewhat immunocompromised, though not as bad as years ago when she had full blowout Fibromyalgia. I need to be strong for her.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    wy2tco3kz0fy.png
    Plus I’ve done 32 min on the elliptical. Will probably do another 32 later and a walk/run at some point.
  • gunderw59
    CrossFit
    2 rounds for time
    12 burpees
    12 thrusters
    12 bench press
    12 power snatch
    12 bench press
    12 push jerk
    12 bench press
    12 hang squat clean
    12 burpees
    12 overhead squat

My time - 32:20

scaled weight to 75 lbs bench press, 55 on the others
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Turbo sculpt video, 40 min of a salsa step workout, walking in place while watching TV.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2020
    Hard interval Concept2 row today. They've advised Master Rowers not to push in excess of 90% of HR Max and I tried to follow that advice, to keep immune system strong. 1030 calories in an hour. 16 or 17 reps of 25 hard strokes, let HR settle to 140, repeat (145 in the last half hour).

I'm fortunate in that I stopped going to the gym 3 weeks ago. I have everything I need at home at this point. My son is at home now and daughter comes on Wed. His job is in limbo and she is working from home indefinitely (in Cyber Protection sales).
  • bglasthal
    bglasthal Posts: 3 Member
    Yesterday was:

20 minutes of Calisthenics
    6 miles of trail biking
  • lilac12321
    lilac12321 Posts: 12 Member
    Since the gym is closed due to coronavirus, I thought I'd try to make my own home workout. I'd love to hear if anyone has tips/tricks/recs for solid home workouts! The only "real" equipment I have to work with is a booty band.

4 loops, with 2-3 min rest between loops
    45 sec exercise / 15 min rest

-- --

Banded squats

Pushups

Band hip thrusts

Table rows (pull bodyweight up underneath kitchen table)

Burpees

Band abduction

30 min

——

Bulgarian split squats (resting back foot on a chair)

Abs

Mountain climbers

10 min

——

glute band kickbacks

glute band bridges

squat to overhead press (using my toolbox to press up haha)

pushups

abs

10 min

— —
    high knees

squat jumps

running in place

10 min

——
    60 min total
  • gunderw59