Coronavirus prep

Replies

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    I am not understanding all of those that're supposedly taken this seriously, yet plan to and/or already're doing outdoor activities. If we were to pass by each other upon a hiking trail, it's like passing by each other anywhere else needlessly. Actually it'd most likely be worse, due to our heavy breathing via exercise exertion. Than just casually walking via 1 room to another within a climate controlled environment, where our breathing intensity'd remain normal.

It's the outdoors. Can't people give each six feet (or 20 feet) berth?
    I am not understanding all of those that're supposedly taken this seriously, yet plan to and/or already're doing outdoor activities. If we were to pass by each other upon a hiking trail, it's like passing by each other anywhere else needlessly. Actually it'd most likely be worse, due to our heavy breathing via exercise exertion. Than just casually walking via 1 room to another within a climate controlled environment, where our breathing intensity'd remain normal.

You need to keep a 4 ft--1 meter distance. Zigzag if you meet someone.
    amtyrell wrote: »

Well my garden is on my own property and nobody else lives here.
    Hiking if you see someone then stepping off the trail a 6 to 10 feet is absolutely a possibility near me.
    Biking you quickly pass and you can do so at that6 ft distance.
    Getting outside is good for mental health, vitamin d levels, and overall health but yes a big passing space.

For example Mount Everest's vast, yet there're trails where traffic jams form. If you take all of the regulars, that use a hiking trail & now mix the people that're unable to go to their gym they'll most likely be congestion of people, where which maintaining a reasonable distance between them might be implausible. Otherwise, it depends.

I can spend an hour or two at the Nordic ski area, and pass the few people I see with 6 feet of space, in a couple seconds. It's true the virus doesn't know where you are, the difference though is you pass by so many more people at the grocery store, and spend more time in the presence of strangers. You have to go to the store at least occasionally, you can't stockpile 2 months worth of milk, it'll go bad.

The difference being's that, grocery shopping's necessary but otherwise, I agree.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Walmart isn't delivering or allowing any advance choice, of future delivery dates & my local grocery store's time slots're sold out, through March 22nd.

@DecadeDuchess I placed an order today and there wasn't any information about this, it was Walmart.com not the grocery though. Is it the same with Walmart.com? I have some stuff like cat litter I'll really need next week so if it's true for walmart.com then I'll need to brave the stores.

I meant: Walmart Grocery. I know that with Walmart, next day delivery was unavailable.