Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 107

Replies

• bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    I spent a fair amount of time last night arguing via text with our daughters-mine about 10 miles away and 1200 miles away and my neighbor’s who lives in Anchorage. A 5 way chat about groceries! Neighbor has multiple health issues and did an order for pick up at Walmart to be ready today. My husband wants to do his own grocery shopping- I tried to do online but there was no pick up date available! I think my daughter or one of the grands is going shopping for us but I am totally stressed out by my husband’s attitude. I think he looks at it as losing his independence (he’s 71) but it’s only a temporary measure!

I’m sending prayers for all of my MFP friends and acquaintances! I love you all and want you to be safe!

It is a stressful time....sorry that your going through all of this. I went to our local store yesterday at 7:30 for an 8 am opening time. I was like 20 people back in line. The line got progressively longer from there. I went early just to try to avoid huge crowds of people. I felt bad for some of the elderly folks in their 80s....they looked stressed. An idea is being floated to let older folks shop for the first hour so that they are less exposed. I hope that takes hold.

Thankfully I only needed a few items so I was in and out pretty fast.

Good luck!!!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,031 Member
    @tiabirdie56 Thank you, I missed her diary upon my return.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,783 Member
    I would set up the next round but it’s been so long since I last did that that I don’t remember how.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,967 Member
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,256 Member
    Could we just carry on and add the days?

It's crazy times we live in and people are being so selfish with all this hoarding and bulk buying. I just despair of humanity sometimes !!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,967 Member
    ❤ Thanks Jackie!❤ @GrandmaJackie I'm glad to hear that you and Hubby got a chance to get away. I hope you both were able to relax. It's such a stressful time. A prayer will be said for your daughter's safety and your peace of mind. {{{Hugs}}}