Working from home - workouts and motivation

Anyone else in the same position? I’ll be working from home as of Monday and worried about putting on weight and lacking fitness motivation. Want to make the best of the situation and plan each day, any tips or anyone want to help support and motivate each other?

Replies

• cyan87
    cyan87 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi! I mainly workout at home, dislike gyms in general. I prefer to workout in the morning. I have my coffee, light breakfast then workout. Or sometimes I’ll have the breakfast after the workout. I do fitnessblender videos.
  • CDMeighty8
    CDMeighty8 Posts: 10 Member
    That’s the habit I need to get into with added running for cardio. Sounds like you’re in a good routine
  • cyan87
    cyan87 Posts: 16 Member
    CDMeighty8 wrote: »
    That’s the habit I need to get into with added running for cardio. Sounds like you’re in a good routine

Thank you. I used to run/walk but it was taking a toll on my knees and I tend to get bored. As for cardio, I do HIIT and interval training.

You just have to get into it and think of it as a time to work on yourself and health. It will slowly become a habit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'm working from home and my kids are at home. As part of their daily schedule we have 60 minutes of fresh air/exercise time in the morning and afternoon. I primarily road ride and mountain bike anyway, so my gym closing isn't a huge issue for me as it was only a small part of what I do exercise wise. Right now we're going for a walk in the morning and either biking in the afternoon or we hit the trampoline. I'm actually more active right now than I am when I'm spending time in the office and commuting.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    I've always worked out from home. Preferred it to a commercial gym.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    CDMeighty8 wrote: »
    Anyone else in the same position? I’ll be working from home as of Monday and worried about putting on weight and lacking fitness motivation. Want to make the best of the situation and plan each day, any tips or anyone want to help support and motivate each other?

I just started the whole home workout thing too. However, I run generally speaking and lifted at a gym. Now, I'm lifting and HIITing at home. I don't love it. I need the peer pressure of those around me to kind of pull me through. Anyway, lots of burpees, higher volume/lower weights, and HIIT stuff. I've also added in more yoga (which I should have anyway) and keeping up w/ 20-40 mile a week runs.

Schedule it like a meeting and don't stand yourself up.
  • This site may be useful for working out at home:

https://darebee.com/
  • Natalietia
    Natalietia Posts: 25 Member
    I'm missing the gym desperately and trying to get into the "workout at home" thing! One positive is with the weather being nice I've been running more.🤗
  • jimmyhstewart
    jimmyhstewart Posts: 19 Member
    I bought a weighted jump rope and did my first set of exercises yesterday. It was pretty good, broke a good sweat and planning to do it daily. I'm doing a 40/20 second split. 40 jump rope, 20 rest, 40 body exercise, 20 rest, 40 jump rope, 20 rest, etc. My body exercises are push ups, lunges, jumping Jack's, squats, plank, etc. Each set is 10 minutes and I do 3 sets. I can do this on my balcony, I live in a condo. I got the Tabata Timer app to help track the time. I also just go for runs, 3 to 5 miles 3 days a week. I miss my gym.
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    I have been trying out a bunch of videos online, some with weights and some without. It's a lot of fun and discovering the different trainers keeps me entertained. Being at home is a blessing, the getting ready and commute time is now my workout time. Good luck!!
  • My daily routine a few years (?!?!?!?) ago used to be “roll out of bed, do a quick 15 minute TABATA circuit, shower, coffee and get on with the day.” It got my heart rate up and was effective at getting me going before I had to be at work. But ever since I changed careers and stopped having a M-F 9-5, that got kore difficult. I try to run or take the dog for a walk every day, or if the weather sucks I do a short indoor workout but can’t seem to stick with it.

Peer pressure and a support group would def help me!!!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I don't go to a gym
    If it's nice out I run. Usually it will be on my way to get my son from school but that's not happening now. 🤣
    I have been doing "gym" class for my son and my husband who is working from home has been joining us. It's our last period so at about 2:30 if it's nice we head outside for a HIIT workout in our backyard. I found a Tabata timer app and since I've basically worked out my entire life I've put together a couple of programs. If you set a time you want to work out every day you will. Especially if you have already put on your workout clothing