Why do you think you are single?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    All my cutlery comes from the dollar store and these women can tell :cold_sweat:

iuik4wtvs2bh.gif
  • nels5850
    nels5850 Posts: 76 Member
    All my cutlery comes from the dollar store and these women can tell :cold_sweat:

Lolololol
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Not putting any effort into it... that's all.

Since being in FL (3-mos), the only man who's asked me out, seriously, was in his 80s, in line at a grocery store. Either I look substantially older so that he thought I, too, was an octogenarian (meaning, I need a new face cream)... or Mr. CradleRobber reads too many romance novels of the naughty type.

But, I don't go anywhere so that anyone can find me, unless gorgeous, available men haunt the spice racks or coffee isles at their local, neighborhood Publix or Costco. I only find old women there & I don't wanna date them.

With the lockdown... I guess I'll just have to wait 'til the crisis is over. Anyone who asks me out now might only be after my bathroom paper & cache of canned sardines & olive jars.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    nels5850 wrote: »
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    I'm a MGTOW.😏

Oh no 🤦🏻‍♂️. The male equivalent of toxic feminism. Don't go down that rabbit hole, my friend. There's nothing there.

I still wasn't sure what that meant until this. Thank you haha.

Well maybe I still have some questions but I think I have the basics down haha
    It can start a sh*tstorm if you question mgtow, so just don't :D I think it can be profitable, and productive, but the reasons why one would choose to go mgtow are often complex. A lot of women also agree with it.

I'm just assuming this either means a guy who sleeps around or an incel lol
    Nah not incel, voluntary celibate. It's older guys who tend to do mgtow, and I don't really know the ins and outs of it myself.

They are pretty much one and the same, with the same underlying reasons.

Incel = Involuntary Celibacy

MGTOW = Voluntary Celibacy

However, the reasons for them doing this is because they both feel slighted and used by women. The only difference is that MGTOW claims they decided to become celibate. If one takes the time to read into it, more or less same philosophy and psychological underpinnings.

I've seen more than a few MGTOW's blow up on forums. :lol::lol:
  • Amanda_mermaid
    Amanda_mermaid Posts: 25 Member
    Bc I couldn’t get over all his affairs and rudeness.... I was really told that
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited March 2020
    because i still love my ex, compare all to him and none make the cut
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Haven’t found anyone yet.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    I'm a MGTOW.😏

Oh no 🤦🏻‍♂️. The male equivalent of toxic feminism. Don't go down that rabbit hole, my friend. There's nothing there.

I still wasn't sure what that meant until this. Thank you haha.

Well maybe I still have some questions but I think I have the basics down haha
    It can start a sh*tstorm if you question mgtow, so just don't :D I think it can be profitable, and productive, but the reasons why one would choose to go mgtow are often complex. A lot of women also agree with it.

I'm just assuming this either means a guy who sleeps around or an incel lol
    Nah not incel, voluntary celibate. It's older guys who tend to do mgtow, and I don't really know the ins and outs of it myself.

They are pretty much one and the same, with the same underlying reasons.

Incel = Involuntary Celibacy

MGTOW = Voluntary Celibacy
    I don't think that's true to be honest. Incel, is someone who has absolutely no confidence or ability to meet women, they're mostly understood as younger confused males who don't see reality clearly, and only understand women as sexual objects.

Volunarily celibate is none of that, it could be someone who is confident, mature, and is celibate by their own will - someone who already had pleasant experiences with women in the past, but for personal reasons now chooses to abstain.

While I'm sure there are instances where that may be the case. From what I have read from different sources, they pretty much follow what I mentioned. But, like anything, there's countless ways to skin a cat. Or, in this case, not want to deal with them. ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Because I'm enjoying my life as is right now. :)
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    I’m thinking there’s gotta be someone out there who’s on par with your ex

Her view was similar to my grandma's after grandpa was killed in WW2. She never dated, never had a desire to do so at all. She raised my dad pretty much on her own, with no family support or help.

What I've learned though, and to each our own, if we constantly compare an ex to others we will never be satisfied because no two people are alike. Just like they say to never hold the sins of our ex against those we've yet to meet.
  • honeybee__12

You’re right.
    But we are connected still.
    Our lives intertwined through family, business and 43 yrs of friendship.
    We both still trust each other above all others.
    At my age, I couldn’t find and get to know someone well enough to trust the way I should.

It’s strange, I know.
    I’m weird, what can I say? 🤪
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

You’re right.
    At my age, I couldn’t find and get to know someone well enough to trust the way I should.

It’s strange, I know.

If that's the case, then part of my wonders why even divorce in the first place?
  • honeybee__12

You’re right.

It’s strange, I know.

If that's the case, then part of my wonders why even divorce in the first place?

There’s so much more to a 35yr marriage than simply the things I mentioned.
    We both need our own “space” to retreat to.
    That’s about as much as I feel like sharing. 😊
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

You’re right.

It’s strange, I know.

There’s so much more to a 35yr marriage than simply the things I mentioned.
    We both need our own “space” to retreat to.
    That’s about as much as I feel like sharing. 😊

I was married for twenty so can understand to some degree. However, we don't talk, and have very little reason get in contact with one another in the future. Based off of what you stated, there's far more reason to stay together than to go separate ways. Especially if you still have such feelings towards him.
  • WorkMyGoals
    WorkMyGoals Posts: 622 Member
    edited March 2020
    Mostly 7. Lost all hope
    Having a big loving caring heart is my biggest attribute but also my biggest downfall!