Home workouts?

Any suggestions? I will be pretty much home bound for the next couple weeks and my gym is closed until further notice.

Replies

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Try Cathe Friedrich. I LOVE her workouts. She has a streaming service and DVD’s.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Copy and pasting from a previous thread:

YouTube - popsugar, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home... I got some wooden rings for Christmas and am starting to do some (very, very) beginner calisthenics work on them. Running is my primary form of intentional exercise (started with C25K). Lately I have been doing yard work - shoveling, raking, hauling gravel and rock...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Jessica Smith TV is my favorite.
  • heatherv4
    heatherv4 Posts: 17 Member
    Fitness blender!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Kelly Coffee-Meyer for strength, Jessica Smith and Leslie Sansone for aerobics.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    For cardio, I've just been running outside as I always have been.
    As far as my gym being closed, honestly I have been a little lost. There's a couple people I follow on instagram that posted a bunch of at-home body weight stuff or dumbbell variants for different muscle groups.
    Its certainly no squat rack, bench, or cable set up but it will have to do for now..
    I will share them later, when I have a chance to look at those that I have saved. They show you proper form too.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm just going through my DVD collection and YouTube. I usually order through ILL at the library, but they closed. I wish I had ordered earlier, gotten some DVDs from them, and been able to keep them longer due to closing.
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    I can set you up with 2 free weeks of Beachbody workouts if you’d like! So many great programs to choose from plus they have a nutrition component included to help you stay on track. It Can be used on any device via app or on a web browser. Happy to help where I can... Being out of work I have a lot more time to help my friends with accountability :)
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    JCo702 wrote: »
    I can set you up with 2 free weeks of Beachbody workouts if you’d like! So many great programs to choose from plus they have a nutrition component included to help you stay on track. It Can be used on any device via app or on a web browser. Happy to help where I can... Being out of work I have a lot more time to help my friends with accountability :)

Do I watch the videos online?

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I saw an ad yesterday that beachbody on demand is free right now... haven't looked into it though
  • My gym is offering free at home workouts for members and non members :)
  • katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    I’ve been doing beacbody workouts for 2 years now + running/walking outdoors... I’ve never been this strong and toned in my life:)
  • JulesMT
    JulesMT Posts: 18 Member
    Peloton is offering a 90 day free trial right now. They have several other workouts besides spinning. Les Mills on Demand is offering a 30 day free trial for new subscribers and features a variety of excellent workouts. I also love Cathe Friedrich - she is amazing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'm riding more than normal and going for more walks. Doing some basic bodyweight work and some band work for resistance training.
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    kbushe3221 wrote: »
    JCo702 wrote: »

Do I watch the videos online?

Online, via their app on any device, or stream to your TV via roku/apple TV etc. They work on any platform!
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    I like Jessica Smith DVD's. She's low key, gives instructions on how to make the workouts harder or easier, and always seems to add in core work even if the focus is upper body weights.
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Sydney Cummings posts a new free workout on youtube every day. Most of them use dumbbells, but she also has a playlist with no equipment workouts that has over 100 workouts to choose from.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    plain_jane wrote: »
    Sydney Cummings posts a new free workout on youtube every day. Most of them use dumbbells, but she also has a playlist with no equipment workouts that has over 100 workouts to choose from.

I've done two of hers and really like her. If you have dumbbells her cardio and leg workout that's around 45 minutes is really good.

This is pretty tough, you can access all the Les Mills from this page too:

https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts/season:1/videos/bodycombat-80-55-min
  • bobbyjthomas1
    bobbyjthomas1 Posts: 5 Member
    Frankly I've been a little lost, :D So far as my gym has been closed. There's a couple people I follow on instagram that published a lot of body weight things or dumbbell variants for different muscle groups. When I've a opportunity that I have saved I'll share them later. They show you proper form too. It'll have to do for now although cable, or its squat rack, bench set up. :) I've only been operating out since I always have been. o:)