Calling 5 foot something females!!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    same here..... calling all 5 foot something gals.... ohhh no! I went creeper again..... lol good morning ladies. ;)

LOL up to your usual antics I see :smiley:
  • akeepe
    akeepe Posts: 2 Member
    CarolRo1 wrote: »
    djheath72 wrote: »
    I have always been right at 100 my whole life. I am 47 years old. I had back surgery 3 years ago and know I am 130 and can’t seem to budge it at all. I just started this program. I am walking 1 + mikes at least 3 days a week starting out and doing some yoga, weight training and watching my diet. It’s been almost 3 weeks and no drop in weight. I am getting frustrated. Any advise???

Are you able to walk faster on your walks to get some extra calorie burn? I worked out the calories for my walk with my dog yesterday on MFP and was amazed how few it got me. I think because my pace was slow and it didnt raise my heart rate.

Weirdly, the distance you travel is more important than the speed you travel. Walking a mile and running a mile will burn pretty much the same amount of calories, you just do the mile quicker if you run it. My advice would be to keep tracking your calories (honestly) for another week and if there's still no weight loss, then reduce the calorie target by about 10%. I would also suggest that you take other measurements than weight though - your waist measurement, chest, hips etc. as you may find you've lost a little there as you've lost fat but built a little muscle with your exercise. Good luck!
  • michellegroman750
    michellegroman750 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in, 5’ 5” here.
  • ONESEXYWARRIOR
    ONESEXYWARRIOR Posts: 1 Member
    Me I'm 5 " 2 and looking to lose around the same weight.
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    ErinSot wrote: »
    Hello!! I'm restarting after a 50 pound loss and gaining back 60 I have now lost 15 (again) and i want a more active feed to keep me on track!

Any ladies who want to be friends to motivate each other!?

5'0" here and looking to lose about 40 lbs to get to my goal weight. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    obasans wrote: »
    I'm about 5'0
    Being short and staying trim can be rough, nowhere for the weight to go if you gain any it feels like.

My thoughts as well. I feel like being short is a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to weight gain but we got this! :)
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    I'm 5'1 - I've lost 60lbs so far. I'm not sure how much more I want to lose. I just want to be healthy and active.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    I used to lie and round up to 5'0".
    But I just learned that I've lost 0.5" at my last doctor appt.
    I'm still going to lie and round to 5'.

Working on losing 5-15#, depending on how much body fat I trim off.

Amanda
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    I am 5' 4" and need to lose more than 100 lbs more. So far down 12.5 lbs. I am also looking for friends for motivation.
  • mariekenji
    mariekenji Posts: 23 Member
    5'2'' working on losing 70 pounds. add me , I'm active
  • LessJess240
    LessJess240 Posts: 1 Member
    5’6” and looking for support. Lost 36.5 lbs last year but I have stalled since the holidays. I’m hoping to kickstart my weight loss again since I have a long way to go.
  • loseit3678
    loseit3678 Posts: 6 Member
    5’1 and 220 I’m trying to get down to 150! I have been making changes and it’s been going very well! I ordered a scale so I’m interested to see where I am when it comes in 😊
  • chasitystiff5991
    chasitystiff5991 Posts: 3 Member
    Add me I’m 5’2
  • Cashewtheguineapig
    Cashewtheguineapig Posts: 11 Member
    I’m 5.2, although I try to convince myself I’m 5.3 for the sake of bmi charts. Used to live in heels but now I’m at peace with it. Just want to work on building muscle so it’s easier to make a calorie deficit! Would like to make friends for motivation!
  • spokenwords1045
    spokenwords1045 Posts: 1 Member
    I too am 5'5"... I have a long journey ahead of me. But I'm finally ready to get started AGAIN!!
    I'm 48 and my kids are grown..
    It's my turn to focus on me.
  • 5’5” with (as my last GP called it) a “weirdly long torso.” Makes me look taller than I am because I carry all my weight in my hips and tush. Trying to get lean again so feel free to add me if you want a weigh in, gabbing, emotional support, cooking ideas buddy!!
  • cvdub16
    cvdub16 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi there!! I lost about 40lbs while I was pregnant but I am now back up again probably 25lbs or more (our scale needs batteries so I dunno haha). I am also 5'3 :)
  • Lovehealthfreedom
    Lovehealthfreedom Posts: 9 Member
    4'10 does that still count.
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    5'3 lost 120 gained back 50 after a very severe accident left me unable to work out for a very long time. Back on it again after getting hit by a pickup truck and knee surgery. Have about 50lb to go to goal. Add?