WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    cw 216.8
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    @jugar pw 174 cw 173.5
    in 1735 The Witchcraft Act (9 Geo. 2 c. 5) was a law passed by the Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1735 which made it a crime for a person to claim that any human being had magical powers or was guilty of practising witchcraft. With this, the law abolished the hunting and executions of witches in Great Britain. The maximum penalty set out by the Act was a year's imprisonment.
    AND Freedom of the press: The New York Weekly Journal writer John Peter Zenger is acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, on the basis that what he published was true.
    AND Russo-Turkish War, 1735-1739: Russian forces fail to occupy the Crimea, due to rasputitsa.( = MUD!)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member

Terytha wrote: »
    Thought I'd share a little silly humor from my texts with husband today:

1x3942thzd3k.jpg

oh, young mel, I was obsessed with him....then I got older, he got older and stranger. Loved him in Year of Living Dangerously and Gallipoli as well as Mad Max.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Happy Spring - it is arriving tonight or early tomorrow morning, depending where you are! This is the earliest Vernal Equinox in 124 years, so we can feel extra special. Leap Year, early equinox, crazy virus - what a year so far!

And tomorrow is our special day too - the most weigh-ins for any day in the week. Good old Friday dhlejc5remch.png
    Heads Ups flying out to:
    @evelynladams527 (late!! - my sister is late!! :wink: )
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @conleywoods
    @Shexio
    @evangsimmons170
    @robertefortier536

And if you find a few time travelling facts or fiction - everyone will enjoy them I am sure! We'll have everything from the Medieval to the Future :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    @conleywoods So glad to hear your husband’s test was negative. We are now awaiting test results for a good friend of my daughter and son in law. They were all together on Friday. Now we have to wait 4-5 days for results. We have been with my daughter and son in law every day since. So hopefully he is negative too. Otherwise we run the risk of having been infected too.

Eating...ugh. I’m eating sugar I haven’t had in a year. My daughter finished off the Irish potatoes, so thank god for that. I ate a Reese’s peanut butter egg today. And two blueberry muffins I made. Ugh. I’m going to log it all. I need to get a grip.
  • jugar
    @micki48 - so sorry to hear about all the close encounters, and I hope that you will also have good news in a few days. Sugar won't help! I promise! Get a grip on a soothing sleepy herbal tea (with no sugar) and 5 minutes of breathing. Just breathing. :heart:
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    WC:105.0.
    Damn it! Up another 1/2#.
    Supoose this May be a trend in our group this week. Emotions and stress and a new life style. I also shouldn’t be too hard on myself as I know that even 105.0 is a decent weight for my size (5’0”)

Okay...1050 Ad.
    Leif Ericson reaches North America 1000
    Farmers in America grow sweet potatoes and corn 1000

Sultan becomes Mohammedan

Mohammedands take India 1030

Arabs driven from Saragossa by King Alfonso I of Aragon 1118
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    @jugar 183.2
    Jan 17 Johannes van den Bosch appointed governor general of Dutch East Indies.
    Feb 6 1st appearance of cholera in Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Feb 6 US ship destroys Sumatran village in retaliation for piracy.
    Feb 12 Ecuador annexes Galapagos Islands.
    Feb 13 First appearance of cholera in London.
    In mid-March, the founder of the Mormon Church was beaten, tarred, and feathered in Ohio.
    Interesting to notice the outbreak timing of cholera, eh?!
    Happy Friday!
    Remember, we can be the ones to step back, breathe calmly, and sit this dance out. Do other activities instead!
    I saw an inexpensive DIY treadmill. Stand at the sink counter, pour a goodly amount of dish soap or even a bit of laundry detergent onto the floor and in bare feet, start walking as though on a treadmill. The soap makes your feet nice and slippery and you can increase speed as you warm up. The floor is going to be really clean soon!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 210
    CW 209
  • jugar
    edited March 2020
    @bunnybuns1111 - you are one of the people with the toughest work right now. I wish there was something more to say than that you have all our support and admiration. And I certainly hope that you will be issued with the best protective equipment, and that anyone who has masks, etc. at home will do the right thing and bring them to the hospital or clinic where they are most needed. Many distance hugs coming your way :heart:

@evelynladams527 - interesting year there - cholera. Ugh. But having really, really clean feet (and floors) will help with that :flushed:

My year this morning is a really boring one - 1152. It was a Leap Year, but since it was so dull otherwise, I looked for other things. There is a series of comic books that fit the bill. This little feller looks ready to take on anything. AND there are snowshoes!!!
    j7pqcqms2hni.png
  • jugar
    @evangsimmons170

PW 353.8
    CW 349
    Staying at home and cooking instead of going to a restaurant must be working, not that I did that every day. Plus I've been doing Leslie Sansone workout videos too. Hopefully, we will all come out of this global disaster thinner, stronger, and wiser.

Picture it. It's the year 3490. If the planet can survive another 1200+ years, I suspect it will look a lot like The Jetsons, for those of us old enough to remember that cartoon. I can't even imagine anything else lol.😄

Great loss! Your cooking is doing you a lot of good :smiley: I think you are right that we will come out of this thinner, stronger, and wiser. But let's just hope the Jetsons have figured out electric flying cars, right?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170

PW 353.8
    CW 349
    Staying at home and cooking instead of going to a restaurant must be working, not that I did that every day. Plus I've been doing Leslie Sansone workout videos too. Hopefully, we will all come out of this global disaster thinner, stronger, and wiser.

Picture it. It's the year 3490. If the planet can survive another 1200+ years, I suspect it will look a lot like The Jetsons, for those of us old enough to remember that cartoon. I can't even imagine anything else lol.😄

Great loss! Your cooking is doing you a lot of good :smiley: I think you are right that we will come out of this thinner, stronger, and wiser. But let's just hope the Jetsons have figured out electric flying cars, right?

Plus everyone will be working from home. 😄
This discussion has been closed.