I'd almost given up hope...

I was at a point where I just didn't care anymore about what I was eating or how much. Back in 2013, I was hospitalized with a near-fatal case of double pneumonia (I was intubated and placed in a medically-induced coma) and spent two weeks in ICU. The depression I felt afterword felt crippling, and didn't care if I lived or died anymore. So I rationalized that it didn't matter if I took care of myself, including my diet. Fast forward to April 2019 and the picture of me in the green shirt. I was over 230 pounds (I'm 5' 10") and clinically obese. The following month, I decided I'd had enough, especially when it came to buying new clothes every time my waist ballooned out even more. I'd had success with Myfitnesspal in the past, so I re-loaded the app, entered my parameters, and off I went. (If you are starting your MFP journey and you're reading this, remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint.) The pictures of me in the blue shirt are of me today at my goal weight of 185 pounds. Side benefits I've realized include snoring less (my wife is considering moving off the couch) and I no longer suffer from chronic back pain when I exert myself. Thank you MFP and I'm going to keep it up to see where this goes!
gcam1agqtcj9.jpg
qbqsqzhhgjj6.jpg
5wcjviyrru88.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!