What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Tubular pasta with ragu (meat and tomato sauce) PR on top.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Tom kha soup with ground turkey, bok choy, carrots, red pepper, shirataki noodles and mushrooms.
    It was soooo good!!! I never put shirataki in there before but it worked! (cut up in small pcs)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Sous vide steak, hollandaise, gratin dauphinois, roast courgette, tomato salad.
    usipqv1ru6ci.jpeg
  • weatherking2019
    Veggie stir fry over brown rice ( beef kielbasa, zucchini, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli) quick and colorful meal in a bowl! Too bad I didn’t take a picture 😉
  • mary_lou_rios
    mary_lou_rios Posts: 45 Member
    sp7w5ice10vp.jpeg

White pita pepperoni pizza with 1 slice bacon 1/4 mozzarella no sauce 380 calories ! Delish
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    It doesn’t look very pretty so I won’t add a photo but I made a 2kg shepherds pie. 4 servings come in at 510cal each. Super filling. Made with beef mince, carrot, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, seasonings, potatoes, butter, milk, cheese and garlic. I
    Might try a lighter version without beef mince and just use lots of mushrooms.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    parmesan crackers - 400g flour,200g oil,2 eggs,parmesan
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2020
    It begins: remain-in-home meal #2 - sauteed/baked Italian sausage, potatoes, peppers, onions. Served with sides. We were in Ontario for a few days, skedaddled home to NJ USA early (we didn't want to be caught on the wrong side of the border, and with today's news, that was a good decision). So we've been scrambling to catch up on provisioning for the siege. This is a large pan with two night's dinner mains for 3 people. MFP puts a serving at 560 cals, 20g protein, 37g fat, 34g carb. Why "#2"? Well, last evening, after shopping all around, we stuck to a simple pasta/sauce dinner with side salad. Let's see how far our provisioning goes with the "social distancing" constraints in place.

7j5wjqepls7o.jpg
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    sp7w5ice10vp.jpeg

White pita pepperoni pizza with 1 slice bacon 1/4 mozzarella no sauce 380 calories ! Delish

That looks really great and at a reasonable calorie count.👍
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    yp1qv5ceidsy.jpg
    Stuffed pepper. Wild/brown rice mix instead of white. Ground turkey in place of beef. Diced 'maters (fresh) and yellow sweet pepper. Slobberdrool! 🤤😛
  • pessxx
    wienesse schnitzel with cucumber salad, tomato soup
  • weatherking2019
    Chicken wings marinaded in yellow curry paste with other stuff with Sweet potato broccoli stir fry and side of quinoa with lentils.
  • snowflake954
    Lentils in a tomato sauce with basmati rice, chicken salad, and a homemade chocolate cake
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Pan fried sea bream, mash, sauteed spinach.
  • weatherking2019
    I had to google sea bream. It’s snapper! I like snapper🐟😝
  • snowflake954
    Rice and potatoes--arborio rice, cubed potatoes, broth, black pepper, finely minced onion, celery, carrot and parsley, butter, and freshly grated PR.
  • pessxx
    home made pork pilav
  • mjbnj0001
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I had to google sea bream. It’s snapper! I like snapper🐟😝

Snapper? Absolutely not. Sea bream is way fattier than a snapper. Impossible to overcook IMHO. Always so moist, tasty, full of flavour. My fav fish I think.

Here in NJ, we call them porgies or scup. Congregate on the shipwrecks offshore. Good eating. One type, the sheepshead, I used to see while diving in Maine, and they could get big. I wish I had my old slides converted to digital pics, I could show you some examples.
  • mjbnj0001
    edited March 2020
    Confinement day 4. While not strictly "rationing," we are moderating our food consumption to save stores and minimize potential virus exposures during resupplies. As an MFP logger, I've tracked that I'm not getting my budgeted macros on protein - and by extension, neither is the family. So I took a page out of the old days, where a hearty soup/stew hung on a hoop by the fireplace for the family to grab some as needed.

Slowcooker VEGAN 15-bean soup with rice and veg. MFP says a bowlful of this should be about 295cals, 13g protein, 1g fat, 72g carb, 26g fiber. Made it vegan so that it lasts a couple days longer in the fridge, if it needs to.

This way, no matter what else we're eating, we can supplement with something hearty for a protein and satisfaction boost without prepping any other menu supplements. Simple: 15-bean dried soup beans packet, carrots, onion, canned tomatoes, herbs and seasonings, rice blend (Rice Select Royal Blend). Out of celery for a true mirapoix, so I tossed in some celery seed. We are hoarding our stock and bouillon cubes, so I used a plain water base. Added a little kick with some cayenne. Family is happy. NJ escalated the lock down extent today.

um33dk85vjj1.jpg