Anyone suffer from ridiculous bloating?

I’ve had various tests and told it’s probably IBS. No matter what I eat I get so bloated at the end of the day. Right from the top of my rib cage to my lower stomach. I look about 4 months pregnant! Anyone else suffer and know what’s causing it? Just waiting to see a dietician to see what I may have to eliminate 😩

Replies

• thebabadon
    thebabadon Posts: 28 Member
    How much water do you drink in a day and whats your sodium and dairy consumption?
  • smith667metal
    smith667metal Posts: 29 Member
    Me to I look lean in the morning like 12% bf and by the end of the day I look like 20% bf. It’s always been like this for me but never looked into it just figure must have something to do with maybe to much sodium or something idk
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Me to I look lean in the morning like 12% bf and by the end of the day I look like 20% bf. It’s always been like this for me but never looked into it just figure must have something to do with maybe to much sodium or something idk

I’m the same way. Flat in the morning and after a few good meals third trimester. Food babies are real - especially noticeable during a bulk.

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    I get this often..... I find that drinking something like yakult (sp) or a really quality brand of probiotics help.
  • EnterNihil
    EnterNihil Posts: 67 Member
    I got good from results from lowering my carbs as well. I don't do keto or low carb per se. I just make sure my macros are balanced and my fiber isn't too high.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    EnterNihil wrote: »
    I got good from results from lowering my carbs as well. I don't do keto or low carb per se. I just make sure my macros are balanced and my fiber isn't too high.

Ha funny you say this. I live with the bloat, as I want to be fuller for longer so I don’t snack on my quarantine snacks 😂😂 also it always disappears in the morning. Go from preggo to slim to preggo everyday 👍
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I look very bloated after exercise. I think it's because muscle retains water or something but idk.

I will pretend this happened to me after my ab workout. But I think there’s some truth to this. Think about the pump in a bicep after curls.
    cattyw wrote: »
    I’ve had various tests and told it’s probably IBS. No matter what I eat I get so bloated at the end of the day. Right from the top of my rib cage to my lower stomach. I look about 4 months pregnant! Anyone else suffer and know what’s causing it? Just waiting to see a dietician to see what I may have to eliminate 😩

OP, is this really problematic if it happens when you just go to bed?? Coming from a non-party-er 😅😊
  • Natalietia
    Natalietia Posts: 25 Member
    Same here. Think it's a common issue that a lot of people have. Not advice but take comfort in knowing you're not on your own.😊
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    cattyw wrote: »

Look into FoodMAPS and Vertical diet to help with gut health.
  • YvonneAbdi
    YvonneAbdi Posts: 8 Member
    I do notice that working out causes it. Rest and recovery along with probiotic, digestive enzymes, lower salt and carb intake help me. Rest and recovery are the 2 factors that help me the most. Thank you for posting this - bloating is not fat but it can feel like it.
  • jessicagrey27
    jessicagrey27 Posts: 26 Member
    I do! I found that taking probiotics really help and well as Apple Cider vinegar. I take the gummy version of Apple cider vinegar and in a couple days I look 5-7 pounds slimmer. Avoiding gluten also helps me (I don’t have celiac) but I feel like gluten makes me bloat
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    After listening to 'The Health Gurus Podcast(s)' my opinion on probiotics are changing. I would try incorporating more fermented products into your diet before spending money on probiotics imo Everyone's microbiome is different, so you'll most likely have to do an elimination diet.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    My biggest question is what have you done so far?
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    That is a very common symptom of Celiac disease, and it may be because you are eating gluten.

The test doctors do for Celiac is a blood test, and false negatives are common. I know people who have suffered un-diagnosed for very long periods of time, because of a false negative test.

That being said it could easily be something else too!

I would try FODMAPS. It sucks, but it will show you what is triggering your food babies.

Good luck!
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    YES! I went to the doctor for this exact same thing, although my bloating happens 2 weeks before my period and will not go away! My doc summed it up to IBS, went for testing, ultrasound, was told to go on the FODMAP diet...

I have a gut feeling (no pun intended, lol) that it's more hormonal for me, than IBS.

Hope you figure it out. Good luck <3
  • fefelove101
    fefelove101 Posts: 3 Member
    Try nutritional yeast! I have dealt with that same issue. Especially while gaining weight. You may be consuming proteins that are hard to digest. Nutritional yeast is very easy to digest and it cleanses your stomach. When you start taking it, you will notice that you poop a lot. You might even throw up. Your stomach will get flatter once it’s fully cleansed. The other great benefit is that nutritional yeast is high in protein. Also try vegan protein instead of meat or dairy.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    I look very bloated after exercise. I think it's because muscle retains water or something but idk.
    guil0095 wrote: »
    YES! I went to the doctor for this exact same thing, although my bloating happens 2 weeks before my period and will not go away! My doc summed it up to IBS, went for testing, ultrasound, was told to go on the FODMAP diet...

I have a gut feeling (no pun intended, lol) that it's more hormonal for me, than IBS.

Hope you figure it out. Good luck <3

Hormonal bloat is the bane of my weight loss effort. I gain 1-3lbs around ovulation, and it just goes away in time for 2-4lbs to show up for the week before and after my period. Ugh.

The absolute perfect storm was this past weekend....a few days before my period bloat begins. I eat more carbs/salt/sugar than normal. More bloat. I do a longer and more intense than normal workout. More bloat. In one week I gained 4.4 lbs. It’s finally gone now, but it can mess with my head to be working out and wake up to a 2lb gain overnight.

I don’t have the bloating issue with my normal workouts, but alas I think the late 30s hormonal bloat is now “normal”.