Meal plan ideas

Hi folks anyone who can share their meal plans for weight gain. It would be a great help for beginners. Thank you. Off to hit the gym these days. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• HelenRHarvey
    HelenRHarvey Posts: 5 Member
    Have you tried “The 7 Day Basket” by Ian Haste? It has the most amazing recipes in there!
  • DevonKaroline
    DevonKaroline Posts: 19 Member
    @plzacate28 I recommend building a meal plan with each meal having a balance of protein, carbs and fats in appropriate amounts for your body and that you personally see as sustainable.

Stick with basics like...
    Carbs: potatoes, rice, bread, cereal, etc.
    Protein: chicken, steak, turkey, eggs, egg whites, etc.
    Fats: oil, cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc.

Meal timing and frequency is going to depend on what is easiest for you to get in your calories/macros.

There are some great ideas in this youtube series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNctsEFp7Zs
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    @plzacate28 I recommend building a meal plan with each meal having a balance of protein, carbs and fats in appropriate amounts for your body and that you personally see as sustainable.

Stick with basics like...
    Carbs: potatoes, rice, bread, cereal, etc.
    Protein: chicken, steak, turkey, eggs, egg whites, etc.
    Fats: oil, cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc.

Meal timing and frequency is going to depend on what is easiest for you to get in your calories/macros.

There are some great ideas in this youtube series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNctsEFp7Zs

Personally would limit fats pre and post workout, move them to different meals and prioritise carbs/protein pre and post

Probably won’t make a massive difference as a beginner, but could certainly help to maximise gains
  • YvonneAbdi
    YvonneAbdi Posts: 8 Member
    I love the advice of eating real food. I feel the same way with adding some protein powder. I like real ingredients.I put on 10 pounds of muscle when a body builder taught me to use a 100% whey isolate to get the highest BV of protein synthesis, mix high calorie ingredients into a shake. I like the clean whey isolate protein powders with no sucralose or fillers. This one is good: Muscle Fuse Protein- it mixes easily and taste great too.