I hate sagging pants

I restarted using MFP to lose weight about a month ago on doctor's orders based on some intestinal issues that may clear up with weight loss. I am no down 17 lbs which is good but my clothes are getting loose. With the stores closing, Amazon limited to essentials, and not wanting to venture to Walmart while Covid 19 is around, I am looking for solutions to staying inside my pants and not having them at my ankles. I would love an excuse to buy new clothes but want to be able to try them on first. Also, I still have a lot of weight to lose before reaching my goal. What is everyone doing these days while in isolation and with social distancing for new clothes?

Replies

• mariekenji
    mariekenji Posts: 23 Member
    Do you have a belt, or trying pinning the sides of the waist of your pants.
  • One_Eye_Blind
    One_Eye_Blind Posts: 12 Member
    I’ve lost over 120 lbs in the last two years. Stretchy clothing (athleisure?) has helped me not spend a small fortune on clothes as you can usually get 2 (or more ) sizes out of something that stretches. You might check out Hanes/ Just My Size online. They have some basic clothing with stretch that is reasonably priced and they are not limited to shipping essentials.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    That's what belts are for, or if its more your style, suspenders.
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    @mariekenji I was thinking of doing that. My sewing room is currently undergoing renovation and I don't know where anything is located. Just finished the first coat of primer (it is going to take at least 2 coats going from a medium blue to white,) and then probably 2 top coats. Covers in one coat is a myth.

@One_Eye_Blind I will check on the website. Good idea. Thank you.

@Danp You hit on the problem. I have never liked belts and no longer own any suspenders. I may have to steal my husbands or see if I can find some online.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I am not sure swap.com is shipping but they have a pretty big selection of second-hand clothing. The prices are pretty good for some items but on others you can do better or as good on clearance racks or in stores that specialize in buying bulk inventories from other retailers. The one warning is they only do store credit on returns. I was able to use all of mine no problem.