Start 30 day shred during lockdown? Coronavirus

Replies

• bellissimaluna
    bellissimaluna Posts: 75 Member
    kx7003 wrote: »
    If you go on your stairs and do steps ups fast you will see it’s the same intensity as running except you go one up and then one down. I have a step so I use that and it’s just as high intensity as running or jump rope. I’m starting today as I’ve relaxed my exercise and diet since being at home and I’m starting to gain weight unfortunately. Should we weigh in here and log exercise every day?

I love the stairs too! I live in a building with 5 flights...so I do that and you are right.....good intensity. As far as weigh in and logging exercise...uggg...I am not very good at MFP for messages, groups, etc....in fact, I cannot even believe I wrote something on this board.....I get confused easily! I admit it. Maybe we should start a group? thoughts? Would that be easier?
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Did a Day 2! I have been staying home now for over a week and I walk, early in day, in historic cemetery. Son stays home in bed. I can just look for you all here most easily. AND 30 DAYS will fly by. Do you know how long Italy will be home? Some say we (USA) just until April which is a week, three weeks, or who knows!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    4unbio9b87jy.jpg
    2nd workout done!
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Let’s use this thread and keep it simple. Let’s log current weight, goal weight, exercise done today. Try to log here everyday or every few days.

So mine is;
    22.3.20 Current Weight - 134 pounds
    Goal Weight - 126 pounds
    Exercise today - 15 mins step up
  • kx7003
    If you have App Store look for Seven - 7 Minute Workout by Perigee. Different workout types to work on different goals and to give you something new to work on.

Please post any free resources so friends who are in lockdown have workouts to look forward to and to keep them positive.
  • bellissimaluna
    Did a Day 2! I have been staying home now for over a week and I walk, early in day, in historic cemetery. Son stays home in bed. I can just look for you all here most easily. AND 30 DAYS will fly by. Do you know how long Italy will be home? Some say we (USA) just until April which is a week, three weeks, or who knows!

Ohhh...I LOVE cemeteries...here they are really majestic. All cemeteries are wonderful and peaceful places. No matter where I travel, I always see the cemetery of the place. Back to 30 day shred...yes...will go by fast for sure. I have no idea how long our lockdown will go. They said for sure past the original date of April 3, but we do not have an official end date. kx7003 is going to log current weight, goal weight, exercise done today. I like that....although, literally no one knows my weight.....but I guess putting it here will help keep me in line. And also keep me in line with my eating, cause doing a 30-minute video isn't gonna work if I am drinking wine and eating pasta all day.
  • bellissimaluna
    Let’s use this thread and keep it simple. Let’s log current weight, goal weight, exercise done today. Try to log here everyday or every few days.

So mine is;
    22.3.20 Current Weight - 134 pounds
    Goal Weight - 126 pounds
    Exercise today - 15 mins step up

akkkkkk....ok..I have never posted my weight...but ok...here goes...

current 122.7
    goal. 105
    exercise: 30 day shred, stretch, short walk
    (I am a shorty)
  • kx7003
    If you don’t want to post your weight you can just indicate if it’s gone up or down. I imagine exercise is more about endorphins for all of us now and setting a goal to work towards to get everyone through isolation and lockdown 🏋🏻‍♀️ and also maintains instead of gaining...
  • DancingMoosie
    Today:
    Current and goal--116-118(maintain)
    Exercise-- 30 day shred level 2, 40 min kickboxing, 3 mile treadmill run , 1 mile walk
    Sunday is usually my long run outside(5-7miles) but parks are closed. Treadmill is just not the same☹️
  • bellissimaluna
    Today:
    Current and goal--116-118(maintain)
    Exercise-- 30 day shred level 2, 40 min kickboxing, 3 mile treadmill run , 1 mile walk
    Sunday is usually my long run outside(5-7miles) but parks are closed. Treadmill is just not the same☹️

The treadmill is really hard for me too!
  • bellissimaluna
    If you don’t want to post your weight you can just indicate if it’s gone up or down. I imagine exercise is more about endorphins for all of us now and setting a goal to work towards to get everyone through isolation and lockdown 🏋🏻‍♀️ and also maintains instead of gaining...

The weight posting is actually good for me...it will hold me accountable. :)
  • Killakee
    Killakee Posts: 17 Member
    I ended up not starting yesterday, so today is the beginning of level 1!! I fell asleep after my 12 mike bike ride, so I’m not too bummed out. On days I’m not working (I work in an outpatient section of the hospital), I often go for 3-6 mile speed walk. I would swim for an hour before my gym closed. 💔 and of course, biking!!

Current weight: 132.3 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Exercise: 30 Day Shred, 30 minutes of yoga
  • demi645
    demi645 Posts: 20 Member
    Just completed Day 2. It was a tad easier to get started today.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Hi everyone, hope I’m not too late to join. I’ll be starting tomorrow. I’m currently 8st 10lbs Aiming eventually for 7st 10 lbs
    I’ll be doing the 30 day shred, walking, maybe some other of Jillian’s videos and yoga. Need to keep going!
  • bellissimaluna
    Hi everyone, hope I’m not too late to join. I’ll be starting tomorrow. I’m currently 8st 10lbs Aiming eventually for 7st 10 lbs
    I’ll be doing the 30 day shred, walking, maybe some other of Jillian’s videos and yoga. Need to keep going!

Hey there! Never too late, I am guessing we are going to go past the actual 30 days by maybe a few days, even a week because some are starting later and some of us might miss a day or two. I need to add some other exercises to my workout too.....hang in there with lockdown...
  • DancingMoosie
    Level 3 done this morning, followed by 35 min of aerobics. I had to go in to work for an hour🙄 I was then told we will need to report to work for the remainder of the week. Trying to practice social distancing while there, but not everyone does it properly.
  • kx7003
    15 mins step up
    CW - 133 (down 1 pound but still eating treats 🤫)
  • Killakee
    I have to say, finishing day 2 was WAY easier than day 1! I’m really excited for all of us to finish it!! Keep going ladies! No lockdown can stop you now!
  • demi645
    demi645 Posts: 20 Member
    I am so thankful for you all! It was so tempting to stay on the couch and just keep watching TV all nite long. And were it not for me committing to do this, that is exactly what I probably would have done. Happy to report that I broke free of the couch and completed workout #3.
  • Killakee
    demi645 wrote: »
    I am so thankful for you all! It was so tempting to stay on the couch and just keep watching TV all nite long. And were it not for me committing to do this, that is exactly what I probably would have done. Happy to report that I broke free of the couch and completed workout #3.

Well done my love!! You got this!!