Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    4q1oqepyc77x.png

Last 30 days looking decent for a change. Had an intentional maintenance day yesterday but had gone 11 straight days under which is fairly unprecedented adherence and worked out to an average deficit of 300 cal/day.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Anybody else have trouble sleeping when moving from bulk to maint or maint to cut?
  • steveko89
    alexmose wrote: »
    Anybody else have trouble sleeping when moving from bulk to maint or maint to cut?

I've not experienced this personally. What magnitude of calorie change are you making when switching between modes? I think most on this thread tend to taper calories gradually when changing goals.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »

I've not experienced this personally. What magnitude of calorie change are you making when switching between modes? I think most on this thread tend to taper calories gradually when changing goals.

Me, either. I'm an excellent sleeper. :yawn:

• alexmose

Jealous! Went from bulk at 2100 cals to maint at 1800 cals. It’s 300 measly calories!! Will try melatonin.
  • steveko89

Jealous! Went from bulk at 2100 cals to maint at 1800 cals. It’s 300 measly calories!! Will try melatonin.

I started taking melatonin a few months ago and have been pleased with the increase in sleep quality. I'm 6'1 176 and 7.5mg is perfect for me, 5mg didn't do anything and 10mg had me blowing through alarms. I also picked up some cheap blue light-blocking glasses on amazon, they certainly have helped for eye strain though I haven't used them other than for work.
  • steveko89
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Just because, here are some of the foods i eat. I am a foodie and love cooking. My wife is a bit spoiled.
    w8dq2qazs32a.jpg

9dx0lrqi48ha.jpg

4cnm7gq6wz6z.jpg

dcb7k3mlenlm.jpg

I just finished breakfast and now I'm hungry again...
    I'm also jealous of your bowls, I wanted to register for stuff like that when we got married but I got out-voted.

Down to 174.8 this morning. How's everyone holding up?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Just because, here are some of the foods i eat. I am a foodie and love cooking. My wife is a bit spoiled.
    w8dq2qazs32a.jpg

9dx0lrqi48ha.jpg

4cnm7gq6wz6z.jpg

dcb7k3mlenlm.jpg

I just finished breakfast and now I'm hungry again...
    I'm also jealous of your bowls, I wanted to register for stuff like that when we got married but I got out-voted.

Down to 174.8 this morning. How's everyone holding up?

Haha thanks. To be honest, i have a few special bowls/plates for pictures.

I am down to 169 this morning, even after some stomach issues last night. So it seemed that this refeed was successful.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I guess I'm on a forced cut. Lost weight. Only hoping to maintain my muscle mass.
  • alexmose
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I guess I'm on a forced cut. Lost weight. Only hoping to maintain my muscle mass.

This is me. I always drop weight when I don’t lift heavy. Drop in water retention? Less appetite? Idk
  • alexmose

Is that what it is? About a week ago I finally got myself under control and lately I've been wired til the wee hours of the morning, every day. It's terrible. lol

So here’s the deal. I will toss and turn for 1-2 hrs. Then, idk if out of habit or perhaps I don’t feel hunger, I go eat a hard boiled egg, then I’m fast asleep in 20 mins. I have no idea why but I have decided to budget an egg everyday 😂😅
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator

Is that what it is? About a week ago I finally got myself under control and lately I've been wired til the wee hours of the morning, every day. It's terrible. lol

So here’s the deal. I will toss and turn for 1-2 hrs. Then, idk if out of habit or perhaps I don’t feel hunger, I go eat a hard boiled egg, then I’m fast asleep in 20 mins. I have no idea why but I have decided to budget an egg everyday 😂😅

Whatever works..
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    So recomp/maintenance isn't happening right now, I am losing. Not too fast but weight is definitely going down. I am going to try not to focus on it too much unless it gets too low where it is no longer healthy. Not much else I can do at this point.

I'm teleworking and my office is about 10 feet from the kitchen. I'm still gaining - but slowely. Not doing much but a couple of hundred pushups and huge sets of pullups on M,W,F. I'm already unbalanced and look like that bulldog from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons so I'm not too worried about legs right now. First week of pushups was insane - adapted pretty quick to it though... but soooo much volume. I've tried curling my dog but she growls at me and the wife yells. Oh, I also blame Door Dash - they have been so quick and convenient that we've been eating "out" a lot more than usual. ;)