Poodle
    Bulldog
    Greyhound
    Llahsa Apso
    Terrier
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Weight in:

Total February loss: 4 lbs (finished weight 246)

Mar. 2: 243
    Mar. 10: 240
    Mar. 16: 236
    Mar. 23: 235
    Mar. 31:

This was a pretty hard weekend. I am tired and craving junk food. I am fairly surprised but I guess I shouldn't be. Fruits and veggies are full up at my local food stores. Frozen meals and stuff like that is picked over. Thankfully I am there for the veggies.
    Looks like they are going to be locking down my state... I am an essential employee so I get to continue to go to work. It will be interesting around here come the end of this week.
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Hang in there @celticck77 we're all in this together!
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    JUST FOR FUN.......
    How many dog breeds can you name ?

pitbull
    Doberman
    rotwilder
  • OneRegularCoffee
    OneRegularCoffee Posts: 5 Member
    ladycopnh1,
    Thanks very much for putting together this group and putting the time in.
    I've skimmed through the posts because I really want to join. This is my second day with MFP.
    I'm sixty and started this process at two weeks back at 205, after hitting 209 last month.
    I was 212-217 for a long while, dropped to 170 over seven months, then got seriously screwed in a couple of life events and put the weight on again in six months.
    I have been very sedentary and now I waddle around like a penguin. Who knew?

March 14 205
    March 23 198.8

I would love support and virtual hugs and all, but you know what? To be honest I think I need a couple of jeers and razzes when I screw up.
    The honesty and the reminder that I'm not a precious crybaby snowflake would be a great approach for me.

I'm sorry about your brother's illness. One day at a time.
    I'm on the edge of a second bout. I won't discuss it now because right now I need to get up, put on a bra and get outside and do the 2300 steps I totally blew off today.
    I will also wear other clothing.
    The bra is the deciding factor in whether or not I'm going to exercise.

• carlydettman
    carlydettman Posts: 5 Member
    Weigh in!

Starting weight: 241
    End of 2020 goal weight: 148
    Ultimate goal weight: 126

March 10: 232
    March 17: 229.2
    March 24: 228

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy, and refraining from any temptations of eating all of your quarantine snacks!
  • ladycopnh1
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10

Mar. 03: 250
    Mar. 10: 253
    Mar. 17: 250
    Mar. 24: 247
    Mar. 31:
    Total March loss:

YES !!! I'm in the 40's
  • Not that I count it, but yesterday was 276.8 and today was 276.4, which does make one feel good first thing in the morning.

I have a freezer to clean out and reorganize. More reorganize than anything, because I shoved stuff in willy-nilly last time I went to the store, and now I can't find anything.

We are having General Tso's pork tonight, because we like it with pork better than chicken. The calorie count comes down markedly if you don't batter and fry the pork pieces, and if you use Splenda instead of sugar in the sauce. However, I have the calories today to have my pork pieces battered, so I'll do that.

I did calligraphy today for the first time in ages, and while I had to look at a guide to do a sample in half-uncial and in Gothic, I remembered Italic without any trouble at all. So I know where I need to start to get back in the saddle there.
  • ladycopnh1
    Way to go Stella !!! Arms raised / happy dance :p .

Thank you angeloup - I have someone to lighten the load ( excuse the phrase ), some to play games with.

celticck - May I ask what state your from ? I just spoke to my niece in Wyo. She told me they were shutting down Denver as of 5:00pm last night. I don't think I could handle being quarantined, I had an operation on my arm and had to be trapped in my house for two weeks. I made it for a week and a day. However....I use hand sanitizer everywhere I go ( which is our little market ), can't find that item anywhere anymore so I made my own yesterday. It was so easy. I also wash down my counters, bathroom, door nobs and light switches with Clorox every other day.

We need to exercise even more now that we're closer to the frig. NO SNACKING !! I had to laugh, I went to my market after the first run on food hoarding and just happened to walk past the frozen veggie freezer, ALL the frozen veggie were gone except the broccoli. Goes to show, even in a pandemic people still won't eat broccoli.
    At least I know I won't starve, I love it.

freshbooks - WELCOME, I know where your coming from, I have a drill Sargent in the back of my mind keeping me in line. DO this, DO that, DON'T you dare touch that piece of candy. EXERCISE !! We will do our best to keep you inspired. My husband told me there was a man who was told that everyone was wearing face masks and gloves when they go to the supermarket, he got home and told his wife that the media lied again, people were wearing clothes, ( need a little humor ).

way to go carly !!
  • ladycopnh1
    JUST FOR FUN.......
    How many dog breeds can you name ?

pitbull
    Doberman
    rotwilder

Labrador retriever
    Australian Shepherd
    German Shepherd
    Dachshund
    Boxer
    Cocker spaniel
    Springer spaniel
    King Charles spaniel
    Pug
    St Bernard
    Corgi
    Poodle
    Bulldog
    Greyhound
    Llahsa Apso
    Terrier

Akita
    Mutt
    Newfoundland
    Irish Wolfhound
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Weigh in
    204.3... lost the post I had written out, but I'm still here
  • celticck77
    @ladycopnh1 I am from Massachusetts. Of course our Gov 'shut down non essential' then pretty much made everyone essential... I work for a company that make medical products so we were staying open no matter what.

I agree with the closer to the fridge thing. I am required to work from home at least two days a week and it is so easy to just get up and grab a 'snack'.

But now I make sure to change into my gym clothes and work out during 'lunch' and if I can't do lunch then as soon as I log off my computer. It seems to be working out this week. last week was ugly. Yesterday I checked and I had gained 1.5 pounds. Thankfully this morning I was only at +1 pound. Cannot start going in the wrong direction now.

Hope everyone is doing okay. We seem to have had a large drop off. Hopefully it is just a lot of people still going but not posting.
  • ladycopnh1
    There's been a huge drop off, I can't tell you how many people from the start of this board said they would like to join our group but you never hear from them again. Some people start out with an inspiration, ahh-haa moment, then the next day going out for burgers and fries. All we can do is be here for those who want to take loosing weight seriously this time. To make this a place to be accountable for what your eating and doing.
  • ladycopnh1
    I am in a slump. I am getting serious cabin fever. We went a long time not having any snow, we were well into mud season, I had 95% of my lawn raked, the snow piles shoveled off, getting out the deck furniture and grill and ............ It snows 5" and more scheduled for Sunday. I am so discouraged. I am having a hard time reverting back into my winter routine. HELP. :#
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    I am in a slump. I am getting serious cabin fever. We went a long time not having any snow, we were well into mud season, I had 95% of my lawn raked, the snow piles shoveled off, getting out the deck furniture and grill and ............ It snows 5" and more scheduled for Sunday. I am so discouraged. I am having a hard time reverting back into my winter routine. HELP. :#

I hear you with the slump. I'm trying to break out of a serious slump myself. I've been making bad food choices and haven't faithfully tracked my food for over a week. I have continued to exercise, but not with the same intensity and enthusiasm that I had before. But every day is a new day, and I'm trying to recommit starting today. I tracked my food today (although I don't think I'm quite done eating) and have reached almost 10,000 steps, even while under a stay-at-home order. I know it's hard to renew your motivation, but try to remember that your health is worth it! <3
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Jan starting weight: 239
    Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    Mar 05: 218.6
    Mar 12: 216.7
    March 19: 216.2
    March 26: 215.1

Well, March has not been my best month. I'm trying to recommit myself to healthy choices but it's difficult to find motivation right now. I really just want to sit on the couch and eat frozen pizza, which isn't even that delicious. :D
  • I am still here, and just got back from the grocery store. I am having less foot pain with 20 pounds off, and probably once I hit 50 pounds off I won't have any. I overworked myself yesterday and went to bed with all the muscles of my shoulders, back, and glutes screaming at me, and predictably today the scale looks like I did a two-hour workout. (wry grin) But at least I know that's what's going on. I'm going to have a nap after I eat lunch because the store wore me out.
  • celticck77
    Happy Friday all! I checked the scale today and lost the 1.5 pounds I put on early in the week. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going the right way.
    I worked from home yesterday and did not pig out on junk... probably because I had none in the house, but still I'll take the win.
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

-12.4 pounds in Jan
    -8.6 pounds in Feb / Weight=224.2 on 2/28/20

3/6/20: 221.6
    3/13/20: 223.4 (ouch! My mother-in-law's cooking :smiley: )
    3/20/20: 219.0
    3/27/20: 217.4

-6.8 pounds in March

Hi Everybody,
    Like the rest of you I am sheltering in place and doing the best I can with it. Since I'm in NYC, we got the word pretty early on so I've settled into a routine of trying to work during the day and going out for an hour walk in the evening when there are very few people on the streets. Three weeks ago we stocked up on groceries as best we could in our little apartment and so far we haven't had to go in stores although I have had a couple of grocery deliveries. Anything to stay safe right now!

Since I can't go to the gym I've gotten creative with workouts--I pulled out some resistance bands I've had since breaking my leg several years ago and I've made "free weights" out of gallon jugs filled with water! My weight loss has slowed as I knew it would but I am thrilled that I'm sticking with it and still making healthy choices. My big fear is that I'll start stress or anxiety eating but so far I've been able to keep that in check by forcing myself to log every bite (do I really want to log a whole bag of chips?) and reminding myself that the better I eat the better my immune system will be at fighting the plague if I am exposed.

When I started this in January I had a goal of dropping 20-25 lbs by mid-March when I was going to have a reunion with a bunch of friends whom I haven't seen in years (in some cases, decades). I managed to lose the weight, but the reunion never happened because of travel restrictions! Which just goes to show that "man plans, God laughs" or fate has a way of getting in the way! Nevertheless I'm now looking at the possibility of being in One-derland by summer and that's remarkable. It's been so long that I really didn't even dare to hope that could happen when I started this a few months ago. So onward!
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    Great dane
    Weimaraner
    Shih tzu
    Pekinese