Anyone avoiding the gym because of the you-know-what virus?

Options
12346»

Replies

• bsmith5girls
    bsmith5girls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I miss the gym!
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    I got a couple hours of skiing in today. It was warm and sunny and there's only about two or three months of snow left.

I thought all the ski resorts were closed?

You don't need a ski resort to ski. Cross-country skiing, in particular, is something that can be done either on public trails or private land.

You're right, I hadn't considered cross country skiing.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    I got a couple hours of skiing in today. It was warm and sunny and there's only about two or three months of snow left.

I thought all the ski resorts were closed?

You don't need a ski resort to ski. Cross-country skiing, in particular, is something that can be done either on public trails or private land.

They had a picture on the news of miles of the shoulders of I-70 covered with the parked cars of people apparently skiing on the side of the roads and I've heard of people just walking up the ski runs at the closed resorts. I very rarely go to the mountains in any season, so have no way to verify, but thought the visual was pretty funny.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I WOULD still be going to the gym daily if they weren't all ordered closed here.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Gyms here closed a couple of weeks ago. I put in a self imposed moratorium on the gym even before that. They are a petri dish in the best of circumstances and there are easily 200+ people at my gym at peak hours. Spring is in full swing here anyways, which always means I'm out on my road bike or mountain bike more than in the gym anyways.