Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• saleni
    saleni Posts: 3 Member
    hi guys , so my 2020 goal is to loose around 30 kg and reach my goal weigh.
    so this is how routine is going to be
    breakfast with 2 eggs and a cup of tea
    walk for 30 mins in the noon
    lunch : veges and protein
    cycle: 20 mins
    dinner: protein and fruits
    workout . HIIT plus core training
    best of luck to me.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

Just for Monday, 3/23:
    1. Journal every snack and stick to pre-logged meals. :)
    2. Drink at least 64 oz of water >:)
    3. Take Maddie for a walk around the neighborhood :)
    4. Lymphatic massage :# Not the full massage, but did open pathways
    5. Lymphatic exercises >:)
    6. Knee exercises >:)
    7. Gentle Chair Yoga >:)
    8. Gratitude Journal, inspirational daily readings, Calm app, Bible app lesson/study :/
    9. Bed on time and get up tomorrow at my normal time! Stop sleeping in! :)

HOP TO IT!
    3/22: 🐰
    3/23: 🐰

@TerriRichardson112 What a great song! Thank you for sharing! I haven't listened to music in weeks, and I think I need to turn off the TV (news) and begin listening to music. Working at home every day routine is a work in progress and there's another tweak I can make.

@mytime6630 Are you following a pattern off YouTube for the masks? I've been thinking of sewing some. I have a lot of cotton fabrics and a lot of flannel for next to the face, but don't know where to begin. I'm self taught and really pretty much suck at sewing, but I enjoy trying! My mom will be here by the end of the week living 8 blocks from here, so I see many sewing lessons in my future... :)

As you can see above, I suck at fitting in the things I don't necessarily enjoy doing after work. I feel like I should have all this time now to get all kinds of things done around here, but the truth is, I'm still working full time even though the location has changed...I don't have any more time than I did before. So, I need to find more structure in my day to schedule in the lymphedema therapies and the lymphedema & knee exercises I've been told to do.

I did actually make myself take Maddie for a walk last night after dinner and I was happy I did...so was she! I have a question for you guys....when you first started walking, how far or how long did you make yourself go? I feel like I'm not doing enough because I only walk for 30 minutes and only walk about 3 mph so only get in about 1.3 miles. that's not very far, very fast or very long, but I feel like that's all the further my knees let me go. Is it even helpful health-wise? My hope is that if I can make myself do it every day that my pace will get faster, distance further and time walking will be longer, but in the meantime I feel like a total wuss.

Well, best get some goals on here!

Just for Tuesday
    • Journal every single bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Water - DRINK SOME! Seriously! Step away from the coffee and drink some freaking water!
    • Take 15 minutes twice today to meditate or read something inspirational or just to chill and take some deep breaths. It's all going to be okay.
    • Take time out to notice and be grateful for all of the blessings in my life. Take a moment and thank God.
    • Walk Maddie
    • Lymphatic massage & exercises
    • Knee exercises
    • Gentle chair yoga video
    • Declutter clothes hanging in closet. Start donate box.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

Hang in there my friends! We will weather this storm and come out stronger than ever. Love to you all! :heart:

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @PackerFanInGB Every single step you take is a step nearer to health and fitness. When first got my Fitbit I started by walking to the end of our road a couple of times a day and then worked up from there.
    Then, when I had my knee replacement done in 2015, I could barely do 100 steps per day. I just walked further each day. I did it in short 5 minute walks every hour and increased it each day. It took a month to get above 1000 per day. I just kept increasing it every day. Often walking during ad breaks at night to reach my goal. Now I do 30-45 minute HIIT walking videos most days. It takes less time to reach my goal these days. I seldom have to walk during ad breaks at night anymore.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited March 2020
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6
    1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
    2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain
    Ultimate goal: 165-170, and maintain
    Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    SW: Jan 3: 185.4
    SW Feb 1: 178 (-7.4 lbs)
    SW March: 183.6 (I was down to 176.6. Then, spent 2 weeks emotionally eating, just not caring. Time to get serious, and remember how I lost weight, but more importantly, remember how I can easily gain weight!.
    2020 - March
    March 8: 183.6
    Mar 10: 180.6
    March 15: 183.0 - my own fault .. 2 days of stress eating. Time to get serious
    March 17: 181
    Mar 20: 179.6 - work to maintain that this week, or lose another .5 pound
    March 24: 178.4 (Helps that I am not going to the grocery store LOL!
    I set my goals while we are "shelter in place" and stuck at home:
    1. sew as many face masks as I can
    2. learn to play the keyboard
    3. work on charity quilt
    4. exercise at least 30-45 minutes, 4 days a week minimum
    5. keep house tidy

JFt, Tues
    1. build 3 boxes .. shipping tomorrow. We think this will be it for orders for a while:)
    2. concentrate on water:)
    3. sew up more face masks. Going to deliver these this weekend.. hoping to get 50-75 made.:) 35 Masks made in 2 days! I am tired ... but I am going to keep sewing. It is so sad .. such a need. These are going to the ER department in one hospital, but I am told the police need them, and 3 other hospitals. They want them for patients coming into the hospital .. dialysis patients, visitors (the ones allowed). All this is so sad, but this had helped me tremendously from not freaking out totally over all this
    4. clean house:/ -- Face masks were more important
    5. rainy day today .... find exercise video:/ -- Face masks were more important
    6. practice piano 15 minutes:/ -- Face masks were more important
    7. call daughter. Talked to her 2x. I think she now realizes how very important this is. We cannot take chances of either me or my husband getting sick, especially with his upcoming treatments. But we told her she can come out and sit in our patio .. social distancing.

@PackerFan001 -- Missouri Star Quilting has a great tutorial .. and they are super easy. I do not have elastic, so I am just making binding and sewing that on. (The binding is suppose to be 40" each side for ties)

JFT, Wed
    1. shipping today, so have to help hubby some
    2. go for a walk! Suppose to b e very nice outside!
    3. work on face masks... the need is so great. Plus, its the best therapy for me.

We can only control our actions ... we have so little control over what happens. Make the best of this time.

🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Joan: Joan6630
    Daily Goal: 45 minutes of planned exercise (walking, etc) a day
    Mar: 19,20, 21, 22, 24
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

[/quote]

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    @PackerFanInGB - The great thing about walking is that it's really flexible. When I started walking for exercise about 5 years ago, I aimed for 30 minutes at a comfortable pace 3 times a week. At first, it was really hard to make the time for it, but I soon found that I enjoyed having the time and space for myself. So now I plan most days so that I can fit in a walk. It really helps me deal with stress.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀

Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0630, pill, run app, else walk +squats + dumbbell row, yoga, pill👿—shin is hurting, did stationery bike for 40 minutes instead
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk😀
    3. On computer, video ready at 0755😀
    4. Take Sudafed👿
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk😀
    6. Pork dish for lunch 🤨—has for dinner, had protein pancakes and an apple for lunch
    7. Laundry—one load😀
    8. Prep salad for dinner and for next 2 lunches 🤨—made for next 3 lunches but didn’t have it for dinner
    9. Upstairs by 9, 👿journal, 😁lights out 9:30👿

Bunny Goal: 30 minutes of exercise or else 10k steps each day
    Mar 19,20,21,22,23,24
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Ok today I proved (again) that if I do not write it into my goal list, I forget to do it! I noticed that last night I said I would bribe myself with a meditations session but tonight I forgot!! By the time I got upstairs (did NOT get up by 9 as I intended) it was too late. For tomorrow I added it in all caps so that when I look at my list during the day I’ll remember...

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Wednesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0630, pill, pets
    2. Put together crockpot soup, pill
    3. Run/walk (see how shin feels), yoga
    4. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk
    5. On computer, video ready at 0855
    6. Take Sudafed
    7. Healthy breakfast at desk
    8. Prepped salad for lunch + pot roast for lunch
    9. Add ham to soup
    10. Run a load of laundry
    11. Put soup leftovers into tupperware
    12. Upstairs by 9, MEDITATE, journal, lights out 9:30
  • PackerFanInGB
    @PackerFanInGB Every single step you take is a step nearer to health and fitness. When first got my Fitbit I started by walking to the end of our road a couple of times a day and then worked up from there.
    Then, when I had my knee replacement done in 2015, I could barely do 100 steps per day. I just walked further each day. I did it in short 5 minute walks every hour and increased it each day. It took a month to get above 1000 per day. I just kept increasing it every day. Often walking during ad breaks at night to reach my goal. Now I do 30-45 minute HIIT walking videos most days. It takes less time to reach my goal these days. I seldom have to walk during ad breaks at night anymore.

Thanks Terri! I went again last night and I walked 0.5 mile further, 10 minutes longer and did it at a quicker pace according to Map My Walk app. It was your post (above) that I kept remembering when I pushed myself to go further and not turn around at my normal spot! Thank you for the encouragement! Also, thanks for the James Morrison song...love his music/voice! Your drawing...that is really pretty! You are quite the artist! Go Terri GO!
    @PackerFanInGB - The great thing about walking is that it's really flexible. When I started walking for exercise about 5 years ago, I aimed for 30 minutes at a comfortable pace 3 times a week. At first, it was really hard to make the time for it, but I soon found that I enjoyed having the time and space for myself. So now I plan most days so that I can fit in a walk. It really helps me deal with stress.

I always make a goal of taking a walk every night and then easily talk myself out of it. The kicker is, I really, really want it to be a daily thing! I want it to be a habit! So, I don't know why I sabotage myself all the time. So this week, I've made myself go the last 3 evenings whether I feel like it or not and I am finding the same thing...I enjoy the time and space by myself! I think it is helping me calm the anxiety building inside me during this "shelter in place" time... :)

@Faebert Nice to see you are doing okay! I worry when I don't see someone for a while. Stay well, my friend! :heart:

Hey all. I'm not worrying about daily goals at the moment. I came down with a case of suspected Covid-19 so my goal is to take care of myself. I'll be okay, I'm young and otherwise healthy. Mostly exhausted, aside from the coughing garbage, and finding it hard to drag myself up to make food. I hope everyone stays healthy, or if they catch this, kick it quickly.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Take care of YOU. Goals can wait! HUGS!

@mytime6630 I did find the Missouri Quilt Company's tutorial on making the masks. Haven't watched it yet, but found it! I don't have elastic either. I have 1/2" but not 1/4"...I didn't think of using binding to tie. I think that's a great idea! Sending you love and prayers, Joan...for you, your husband, your son & family and your daughter!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Tuesday
    • Journal every single bite - good, bad & ugly :)
    • Water - DRINK SOME! Seriously! Step away from the coffee and drink some freaking water! :)60 oz.
    • Take 15 minutes twice today to meditate or read something inspirational or just to chill and take some deep breaths. It's all going to be okay. :)Calm app for meditation. Inspirational readings.
    • Take time out to notice and be grateful for all of the blessings in my life. Take a moment and thank God. :)
    • Walk Maddie :)Further, faster and longer than day before! Yea!
    • Lymphatic massage & exercises ;)Partially. Ran out of time!
    • Knee exercises :sNope. Sore after walk.
    • Gentle chair yoga video :)First time doing this. LOVE THIS!
    • Declutter clothes hanging in closet. Start donate box. :)Started. Didn't get too far...but I started at least!

Nice day today, but it's supposed to rain later. I think I'll try to get me and Maddie's walk in earlier than normal. If I miss that window because of work meetings, I guess I'll have to hop on treadmill or put on some music and do some aerobic dancing or something. Not going to miss a day of activity. I need to keep adding onto those bunnies!

Husband should be coming home tomorrow with the U-Haul and my mom, so I'll be happy to have this whole chapter behind us! I walked to my mom's new house yesterday and it's only 8 blocks! Takes me about 12 minutes to walk there, which sounds like a long time but my dog has to stop and smell every single mailbox you know....

I hope everyone is doing well. I found a chair yoga YouTube video that's really calming and listening to the Calm app is relaxing as well. I urge everyone to take some time for self-care as this is such a time of anxiety and uncertainty. Praying for everyone to stay healthy! xoxo

Just for Wednesday:
    • Journal every single bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Water - DRINK SOME! Seriously! Step away from the coffee and drink some freaking water!
    • Take 15 minutes twice today to meditate or read something inspirational or just to chill and take some deep breaths.
    • Take time out for gratitude. Take a moment and thank God.
    • Walk Maddie
    • Lymphatic massage & exercises
    • Knee exercises
    • Gentle chair yoga video :smile: Done this morning!
    • Continue to declutter clothes hanging in closet for donate box.
    • Gratitude journal, inspirational readings.

HOP TO IT!
    3/22: 🐰
    3/23: 🐰
    3/24: 🐰

WOTY 2020: Persistence
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hello, my JFTers! I hope you are well and taking good care of yourselves. Sorry I went MIA but social media and news were making me v anxious so I had to cut way back. Yesterday the WI Governor declared a Stay At Home order until April 24 for all non-essential businesses.

I'm currently working at home, but eventually will not have anything left to work on, since I don't have access to paper records or staff for inquiries, and don't have necessary, specialized software. Hubby goes to work, since he's Lead on 2nd shift cleaning crew at local VA Outpatient Clinic, and that scares me a bit. But we are following all the precautions, and doing what we can.

I seem to finally have found a rhythm with my days, and my mindset. Get to be with hubby more, once he wakes mid-mornings, so that's definitely a plus. I attend church by watching videos, and really miss my choir friends, especially as we have been preparing for upcoming Holy Week and Easter. I pray for courage to endure, and for health and safety for all my family and friends, including you!

I wake when the sun comes up (no alarm ~ yay) and have been walking dog longer than usual. She loves that, and even Kitty is a little clingy lately. Noticing lots of birds as spring arrives; have seen sandhill cranes, turkeys, pileated woodpecker, to name a few. Saw my first robin over a week ago, always a sign of spring here. Something new, I've enjoyed colorful chalk art with positive, uplifting messages on driveways in an adjacent neighborhood. Really brightens my day.

JFT W 3/25 ~ keeping things simple during stay at home order
    1) Move hourly (pace if I have to) / 5 somethings (finally remembering) / rest day (no dog walk)
    2) Net calories green / 14c water (not so good at this when sitting at home)
    3) Work at home
    4) Review tax returns :) / send requested documents :) / send electronic payment :) / wash towels / other?
    5) Watch Lent service on video
    6) Floss / retainers
    🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000
    March 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes Mar.
    Word for 2020: Persist Who knew what this year would be like when I picked this word?!?