Looking for buddies!

Hey everyone!

I have been a member of MyFitnessPal since 2011 but only used it on and off... when I have used it, it really has been a help so I am getting back to it as of today!

I am from the UK but now live in the Netherlands - usually I spend at least 1 week per month in the UK to visit my friends and family but now there's lockdown everywhere I'll be spending a lot more time at home, as we all will!

At my biggest I weighed just over 15 stone (210lbs or 95kg). Using various methods I got down to just under 12 stone (168lbs or 76kgs) about 2 years ago but slowly I have crept back up and now I am at 13.8 stone (193lbs or 87.5kgs).

My aim is to get down to around 10.5 stone (147lbs or 66.6kgs). I'm gonna do this by following a macro / calorie controlled diet and adding exercise in, which I have never done - not even when I was at my lowest weight!

Similar to most of you, I'm now trying to leave the house as little as possible, so my diet will consist of as much "convenience" foods as possible (tins, freezer stuff) and I will need all the motivation I can get from others, as I find it helps!

I love to see other peoples activity on my page as it reminds me that I'm not alone in doing this and gives me motivation to carry on when I know others are also trying so hard to stay healthy. So - if you wouldn't mind a buddy on here, please add me as a friend so I can follow others success!

Hope to hear from you! :#:):*

Replies

• Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    FR has been sent.
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    Here for you. Add me.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    You can leave the house to get food and for exercise as long as you keep your distance. In the UK we can do this so if you can then take walks or run!
  • valerieporto16
    valerieporto16 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm getting started too. Improving my diet helped me down from 220lbs to 200lbs. Trying to keep up that progress and get serious about exercise too for a goal of 140lbs by the end of the year. Good luck!
  • DAN1ELGRU88
    DAN1ELGRU88 Posts: 86 Member
    πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌ this place got you
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Pflugerville, Tx buddy on board... started off at 30 stone... and down to 24.6 stone. Trying to get back to better health.. even at the new weight I already see the positives in energy and overall well being.. Don’t have a set goal, but definitely need to drop a few more...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,881 Member
    Feel free to add me ...wishing you much success :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    If any of you would like to try a team approach - it is a great way to get support, keep going even when it isn't going as well as you'd like, and you make some friends who are going to be there every day with you. I have been in one group for quite a while now, and I don't think I'd still be maintaining my weight loss and exercise commitment without it.

Try it for a month - it's a great bunch of people from all walks of life and many parts of the world. Teams are around 25 people, so you get to know everyone. The six teams also have full group challenges if you want to do those. Hopefully you'll want to stick with it for longer once the month is over.

The group is called From Fat2Fit - check out what it's about on the group home page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Join up for April (starts SUNDAY March 29!!) - sign up here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789583/april-registration#latest
  • embear2
    embear2 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi. I'm pretty much the same. Repeat weight gain offender. But today is day 1 again and I'm back to following Lesley Sansome walk at home programs. Really good, get you fit and no equipment needed. I'm happy to be a friend to help motivate and encourage.
  • misslolabird
    misslolabird Posts: 6 Member
    Hey buds, add me. I’m planning to be pretty active on here. πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»
  • Shullae
    Shullae Posts: 2 Member
    I have no idea of how to add friends but I have a lot of weight to lose. I haven't been this heavy since I was pregnant over 4 yrs ago. I have atleast 75lbs to lose.