What's with the loose stools? LOL...

Yeah, I know, TMI. I'm not about to go to a Dr about this right now, but what's with the loose stools? I've been working out a lot more and running, and for months now (since January), basically since I started running I've had loose stools. It's not awful, but it's kind of annoying. What gives? I'm also slow loosing a couple more pounds if that matters and I've up'd my fruit and vegetable intake. Shouldn't my body have adjusted to the new norm by now? I don't really want to eat a bunch of rice and bread since I'm still trying to lose and then I can't hit my protein needs. Suggestions? Is this normal? Will I at least go back to normal once I hit maintenance?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I find slightly under-ripe bananas a little constipating.

https://www.medicinenet.com/top_foods_that_cause_constipation/article.htm
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    That sounds more viral or bacterial. Did you try Immodium? I never had a problem with loose stools unless I got some little bug.

What about a food intolerance, like gluten? Have you thought about that?
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Do you run right after eating? Sometimes the jostling of undigested food can be problematic...

I suffer from IBS-C and running actually helps keep things moving so maybe someone who is more “normal” might have issues?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    That sounds more viral or bacterial. Did you try Immodium? I never had a problem with loose stools unless I got some little bug.

Uh.. have you ever tried immodium with a proper viral infection? Don't! it's terrible as your body still wants to purge the virus by pooping, but the bowels are on vacation.
  • MomLarisa
    MomLarisa Posts: 225 Member

I can't imagine it's viral or bacterial. It's been like this for 3 months. I hadn't considered a food intolerance. It would be odd for that to appear out of the blue. It feels diet or exercise related as that's when I started noticing the digestive change. I guess I'm just weird. I had hoped someone else experienced something similar. Maybe it is more diet related, because I have this issue even on non-running days and I don't run right after I eat. Thanks for the ideas though.