Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited April 2020 in Social Groups
Welcome to the April 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, glad to be back. I've participated since September 2019. Last year I went from obese to a normal weight and have maintained since November.

The UAC is a friendly, very supportive group that keeps me on track, a place to answer three questions every day that are basic for a healthy lifestyle. I appreciate the other members and our intrepid moderator @RangerRickL.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Back at it for my umpteen month.
    Love the camaraderie of this group. So much support and positive vibes.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I’m back for month three, for me. Going for a third consecutive Winner Circle. 💪

My goal for the month is to continue to stay away from exercise calories, hopefully lose a few pounds, which has been a challenge for me as I lost seven and stopped. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Welcome to anyone who is starting with us this month!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Back again, despite everything. Decided that some UAC normality and routine is needed when everything else feels crazy and out of control.

Good luck to everyone.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Back again! I took March off from logging and to was kind of a disaster once the gym closed. I’ve reset my calories for an incredibly slow loss and I’m committing to an hour per day of exercise- I’ve got the time!!!

I need the normalcy of the UAC during these strange times. Glad to see familiar names.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I spiraled in March. I have to gain control over the things I have control of at this time. So I’m back and need this focus and commitment.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I'm game for a second month!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Back in it! After getting the winner's circle a couple months back in the fall when I was new to UAC, I haven't made it for a few months, though I've been close! But I feel sure I can do it in April-- even if it would mostly be because I can't go out to restaurants or happy hour! ;):/
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This will be my sixth month...have been absent from the WC the last 2 and really need to get back in. Need to get my diet on track again. Really notice that when the pass days gets burned up it goes downhill. No real excuse other than lack of discipline. Looking forward to warmer weather coming as I intend to get back on the bike now that the trips to the Y are not happening. Hoping everyone stays healthy (or returns to health).
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    A rececntly-returned alumnus here.

Trying maintenance off-UAC worked not-TOOOO-badly until mid-winter 19-20 or so. o:) Then started sliding out the upper end of my chosen maintenance range in Jan/Feb 2020. >:)

So I returned here for March 1 - did all I should (which put me squarely on the much-coveted Winner's Circle list) and now for Step 2. <3o:)<3

For me - April is dedicated to that trial-and-error Stabilization period of tweaking both (SLIGHTLY at a time) upped base calorie eating and maybe also eating back a few more exercise calories (which may well increase now that warmer weather is coming and I can do more out on the deck and around the yard).

Eventually, I will find that sweet-spot of balanced CI-CO and declare Full Maintenance. Maybe May 1, maybe later.

THIS time, as it coincides with working-from-home at the moment, I get to explore a wider variety of lunch-options than I did the first time round. That should help. B)