Falling off the wagon(again)

Hey MFP’s! I’m not sure if it’s this whole Corona pandemic. But working in a hospital, it’s making it really difficult to eat better. It’s basically grab what you can and go. Any advice would be fantastic! Thank you 😊

Replies

• jezingmark05
    jezingmark05 Posts: 26 Member
    @gmedina1285 I try to food prep as much as possible in advance. That way all of my food is MFP counted ahead of time. If you can, buy a couple of frozen ice packs and take your meals to go in a small portable cooler (lunch box size). This has helped me so much not eating take out or junk food/snacks
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Ditto on all of the above. And maybe add really good protein bars to keep handy as snacks/meals if needed as grab and go food. And stay safe! Kudos for being one on the front line!

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited March 2020
    I pack my meal and snacks and take limited cash/bank cards so I can't turn to takeout and vending machine food. Taking limited cash/cards forces me to eat the food I bring.

Examples of food I pack:
    Salad
    Greek yogurt
    fruit (apples, blueberries, banana)
    almonds
    low sodium soup
    Instant oatmeal -- This is often my dinner. I like plain oatmeal and add an apple or blueberries. It's filling and ready to eat after microwaving 90 seconds. It takes only a few minutes to eat.
  • Jelly_Belly_Jim
    Jelly_Belly_Jim Posts: 24 Member
    First of all, THANK YOU for your commitment to your job and helping to keep us healthy and safe! Things must be crazy for you now so I’d recommend just packing things that are easy to eat on the go. Protein bars, protein shakes, cut up fruit/veggies, nuts, etc.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Preparation is key, but I can’t preach because I’m as bad.....
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    There is more to worry about now then ever before. I can imagine the stress you're under. When you feel you can make the time.. perhaps you can start packing your snacks and lunch and grab and go with that.. it may help. Also. maybe you could use instacart to deliver your grocers to buy yourself some time.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited June 2020
    Grab what you can and portion control?
  • gmedina1285
    gmedina1285 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you 😊
  • jerrylamb
    jerrylamb Posts: 1 Member
    Gmedina:

I would suggest making salad’s in a wide mouth quart jar. You can make a weeks worth at one time put them in the fridge, grab one one your way to work and your good to go.

Make a couple different types to give variation during the week.