The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Omg we're still here! I'm alive. Getting over the flu but alive lol. Working and staying home is about what I've been up to. I have the asthma so I don't want the corona at all :D
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,187 Member
    Understandable. Stay safe!

In other news, my cat managed to slip his harness last night and for some reason this inspired him to rub in circles around the living room as fast as he could. Which would've been sort of cute except I was napping on the sofa and he made me part if his circuit around the room.

LOL :smile: that's funny. :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    We had our first two cases of Corona in the valley. One was a hospital worker who went on a trip to a corona infected area and didn't quarantine himself afterwards. Now he's exposed hospital patients to Corona Virus
  • sufferlandrian
    OK. I still think the hospital worker was a moron for going to an infected area. However, when he got back he had a sore throat and asked to be tested and the hospital wouldn't do it. They said, "You're not coughing so it can't be Corona." We guess what, three days later they finally relent to get him to quit asking for the test and he tests positive. Now who is the moron. The very people that are supposed to be protecting us!!!!.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I suspect we'll see a whole lot of bad decisions on all levels before this is all over.
  • jennifer_417
    I was holed up in apt for a week before the quarantine because I was trying to catch up on all my homework. Soooo....I might be going a little stir crazy rn.
  • sufferlandrian
    LOL. I’ll bet. A weeks worth of home work would drive anyone crazy. Add the quarantine and that only makes it worse. 😁
  • sufferlandrian
    Sort of sunny day and finally above 40. Had to cycling today. It was gorgeous!
  • jennifer_417
    I'm dying to get my kayak out but I need it to be just a little warmer, lol. Supposed to hit low 70s later this week, should be perfect!
  • sufferlandrian
    That does sound perfect for kayaking. 😊. I haven’t had my kayak in the water in a long time. I should do that this summer.
  • jennifer_417
    Post pics if you do!
  • bethanie0825
    OK. I still think the hospital worker was a moron for going to an infected area. However, when he got back he had a sore throat and asked to be tested and the hospital wouldn't do it. They said, "You're not coughing so it can't be Corona." We guess what, three days later they finally relent to get him to quit asking for the test and he tests positive. Now who is the moron. The very people that are supposed to be protecting us!!!!.

And if by some chance, we get passed this mess with lesser deaths and illnesses, people will complain that all this staying home was for nothing.

In other news, I'm glad you guys are doing well. I'm off this weekend and it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70s and 80s. I think I'll social distance in my yard and maybe pull some weeds and get some seeds going.
  • sufferlandrian
    Great plan Bethânia. I’ll be working as usual.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi guys, just catching up.... We were in San Diego, then a cruise down the Mexican Riviera when all the 'coronacrap hit the fan.' Still in mandatory 14 day self-isolation and getting bored!!! One road goes through our valley, so going for a walk is either this way... or the other way... and you can only do that so many times before you scream. Friends are dropping off groceries for us after we online order from the grocery store. For the first while toilet paper was a 'problem' here but now everybody's calmed down and no shortages except for gloves (hospitals and clinics are getting most of the supplies of sanitizer, gloves, and masks)
    We are planning on going for a canoe paddle on the lake tomorrow, with friends in their kayaks 2 metres away. We are fine and healthy and no one on our flights or cruise ship have been ill, so just waiting it out. We'll both be working like crazy as of Monday so no money worries for us in the foreseeable future. It's a bit hard on our parents though as they are in senior assisted living and are in total lockdown for preventative measures. Food brought up to their rooms on styrofoam and no going out of their mini-apartments. Their residences are owned by a company based in Vancouver BC where most of the deaths have been from a couple senior residences before everyone caught on to how dangerous and quickly it can spread, so that's why the very strict precautions here now. We are on the phone with them every day, and Zooming our friends too. Hope you are all staying relatively healthy, think before you touch anything, wash, wash, wash, and try to get some respite from the constant newsstream to ease anxieties. Get out and greet spring, even if it's in your backyard.
    A few photos to dream of better (and future) times:
    Las Labradas Petroglyphs, Sinaloa state MX (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
    8ajeo5h20135.png
    jdlwq6qvum4v.png
    Cabo San Lucas
    p4611o4ckxxz.png
    b49m9ma70xl6.png
    San Diego Maritime Museum (Russian B-39 Sub)
    im2zagmnm8i6.png
    rr20taq5791o.png
    1h7mflwzyhvg.png
    Tijuana Wetlands Preserve (US side)
    v43jp2zynawk.png
    jn8j15ekd2nj.png

• sufferlandrian
    Looks like you guys had fun. Weather is warming up here so I've been out on the road bike a couple of times. Biking in the garage helped keep me better fit but you can only see the same wall so many times. I get what you're talking about when you talk about the road. Hope you stay healthy and get back to work soon.
  • canadjineh
    Glad you are able to get on the road bike and hit the pavement. We did not end up going canoeing as the weather turned grey and cool. We are too old to 'recreate' in non-stellar conditions, we already did that when we were younger, spring skiing in the rain, water skiing in the afternoons when everybody is zipping around on the lake making waves, hiking in sleet, etc. I'm so done with that, lol. Now I just want whatever I do to be the most enjoyably perfect it can be.
    Crocuses are out here, but not much else and the trees are still bare and now that the snow is gone the fields look gross too. Why is it the gorgeous swans only land close enough for photos when they are dabbling through the flooded mud filled fields? Couldn't they wait til things sprout and land on green while hunting up bugs and worms?
    I'm considering doing a virtual challenge like the Inca Trail just to get myself moving and motivated... but I haven't jumped in yet. Both of us start work (hair straight back) on Monday since my coworkers need a break and a couple have family members that need to be extra protected (cancer treatments) so they are at home as of tomorrow. Hubby is just doing exterior windows until everything blows over to keep households (ours and the customers') safe, but he is already fully booked for the next few months.
    ipuow3choasu.png Hah, looks better as a gif but I don't know how to post that on here.

Anyhow, here's the link to the virtual roads/trails site I'm thinking of: https://theconqueror.events/
    po15r6b9l93l.png

• bethanie0825
    Why are people treating this like it's a vacation!?!?!?!? We've gone out every day and night this weekend to break up parties and bonfires, make businesses close bc they want to be open even though they aren't essential. I'm in central NC and we haven't been hard hit yet but it's going to happen. And people aren't taking this seriously....I guess it'll take most to be personally affected before they get serious.
  • sufferlandrian
    You guys aren't the only ones. We are doing pretty well here in Montana but I keep hearing of churches, bars and corona parties going full tilt in places like Louisiana, New Jersey, and Florida. Really? I wouldn't want any of them to die, but I don't want to pay for their hospitalization either. If they don't have insurance, then I guess I get to pay.
  • canadjineh
    Ouch, police here had to break up a group of teens gathering together in the middle of town. Hubby saw them while working the other day, but someone had already called RCMP. Where are their parents?