Ultimate Accountability Challenge, April 2020

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND and emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!
Click here to join our great team https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136176-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2020

Replies

• windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Can't say enough good things about this group. The accountability will help keep you on track.

We are all going through a difficult time right now. There are things we can't control and things we can. If you need a supportive group to help in your weight loss & fitness journey this is it. No membership just a few rules.We all go at the pace we set...just friends helping friends. Our leader Rick is always posting things that encourage and motivate us. Go ahead sign up and join us!
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    This is the BEST encouraging and team accountability thread in mfp!
    My Reasons to be UAC lifer...
    1. Simple measurable daily goals to set a healthy lifestyle (For me, I've only had 1st month of practice but still going after making it a lifestyle like our fearless seasoned leader Ranger Rick)
    2. Gracious rules but not enabling
    3. Members are awesome encouragers, coaches, cheerleaders, mentors, inspirational role models, faithful accountability partners all about moving in the same direction and celebrating progress not perfection.
    4. Ranger Rick's reflective, interesting, inspiring, encouraging, personable, and engaging openers.
    5. Making new faithful accountability mpf friends who genuinely care and who's consistency spurs me to persevere.
    (Yes, especially you @BMcC9!🏅)
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    The challenge focuses on the bare essentials to keep the journey successful and long lasting. It works! 👍👍
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,578 Member
    Hello, I strongly recommend you give this group a try. Theres lots of encouragement, advice,interaction and support.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Hi there, everyone. I joined the UAC last September 2019 and have been participating every month since then. I went from obese to a normal weight last year and have been maintaining since November. I check in with the UAC at the end of every day -- I believe this has helped me to successfully maintain for five months.

The UAC asks us to answer three questions: did we exercise for a minimum of twenty minutes. did we stay within our calorie budget, and did we track everything -- three questions that are the basis for a healthy lifestyle. This great friendly group of supportive people has really helped me.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    I recommend this challenge group because as we are going through our own private journeys...we still have this group that we touch base with daily. I love that when you have something to share...you can...but you don't have to do so. There have been so many times that I've read posts of support from one group member to another....and it is truly uplifting. Being in this group helps you remember your commitment to yourself...and at the same time connects you with others.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Hi all, this will be my first month I will be completing the UAC. I loved it! It really helps you to stay on track with your diet. I am looking forward to start April challenge. I suggest this group to everyone who is looking for accountability and lazy to do exercise because that 20 mins does the trick 😊
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    I actually went back & looked...
    I joined April 2018 after losing 51 lbs. I was in that (or so I thought) last 10 lbs slog.

UAC helped me build regular habits that are now automatic.

17 of 24 months in the Winner’s Circle
    (And yes my weight goes up when I’m
    Not in the Circle! These HABITS work!!)

Down 19-26 lbs since joining
    In maintenance 1 to 1 year 4 months!!

Try it!! You’ll NEVER regret it. UAC is home. UAC is my secret to success. UAC has been my life preserver many a time.

Your future self will thank you!!
  • RangerRickL
    Thank you to all UAC Team members who make the UAC a success!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Join in this challenge, it works! 3 rules, no weigh in, no judgement, amazing group! No punishment if you don't make it to the much coveted winners circle, lots of us don't but we keep trying! This has become a way of life for me and cannot thank everyone enough for having some normality in these awful times, see you in April!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,509 Member
    Thanks for inviting me @epangili and this is something I need for April. It is difficult following calories goals and running is limited right now so hopefully this is my nudge back into focus.
  • RangerRickL
    I know that everyone is worried and concerned about so many things and so many people. The UAC is one place you can have structure and control. Here you don't have to do any social distancing, unless you want too.
    Click this link for our April challenge https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136176-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2020
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    I know that everyone is worried and concerned about so many things and so many people. The UAC is one place you can have structure and control. Here you don't have to do any social distancing, unless you want too.
    Click this link for our April challenge https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136176-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2020

UAC always was a wonderful virtual-connectivity-in-action social-media-based community. We are finding it even more so now.
  • TheMrWobbly
    So my family voted 3:1 on the space we were going to use as exercise space (I was the 1). this is where they chose;
    k84fq8sakiy3.jpg
    w96hnuaqefk8.jpg
    Guess who gets to sort it out?

exercise.png
  • TheMrWobbly
    Phase 1 is complete - the exercise room is open!
    0i4ny1vomqey.jpg
    x7dnxn48iaoh.jpg
    blsm76w0myan.jpg

Phase 2 - make the pool table and dart board useable in here;
    x5p5quj7b2d5.jpg