London south east

Hi.. 23 and recently got back on track with fitness after a 8 month spell away.. I’m from south east London (won’t state exactly where) just wondered if anyone else had used a beep test or “shuttle run” as some may call it as a form of cardio? Thanks

Replies

• NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I'm a PE teacher - use it a lot. Defo good to use
  • alfiemitchell2042
    alfiemitchell2042 Posts: 7 Member
    I thought so, it combines endurance with gradual speed as you up the levels, as a pe teacher, what sort of level would you say is a good level to reach everyday for it to be considered a good cardio workout?
  • NorthStar77
    Don't do it everyday
  • alfiemitchell2042
    Why not? I workout Monday-Friday as I’m more busier weekends, but what level would you say is a decent level to run to every time you do a test? I’m thinking no less than 5.4?
  • NorthStar77
    Because it's not actually a workout. It's a test. You go through different phases of CV work from start to finish. It's also more mental too
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    I'm not sure continually testing yourself is a good idea. When exercising you need to remember rest days because these are days when the body recovers from increased activity and works on muscle memory. Take care. Wishing London well Dorset here
  • alfiemitchell2042
    Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! So what would you guys recommend to subsidise continuous beep tests? Also thank you Dorset! Keep washing those hands!!
  • NorthStar77
    Just go running!