Hydration and juice ?

Options
So I am trying TRYING to drink more water , ( I only drink almond milk water and the occasional izze and juice. ( Apple juice sometimes orange)
When I had my baby 5 months ago one way to help me drink water is Ied add some Apple juice so say I had a bottle that fills 4 cups Ied prob do a cup or half a cup of Apple juice , is this un healthy? I’m still tryna do just plain water but it helps me just get the water down. I know it’s weird but I’ve never liked the taste of water. (: does this still count.

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Of course it counts. Just log the cals from however much juice you use.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    It does count. In fact, we get much of our hydration from foods as well, especially fruits and vegetables. The best way to see if you are properly hydrated is to look at your urine. If it is a pale yellow, you are properly hydrated.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Yes it's fine. Anything including coffee will hydrate you.

Btw, as long as your urine is pale yellow, you are hydrated.

There isn't a perfect amount of liquids to drink that is universal for every person regardless what a article or person says.
  • ssorg9
    ssorg9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I occasionally use Sweet drops flavoring in my water. It has Stevia in it. 8 drops in 12 ounces of water gives a nice essence.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    4lustxx wrote: »
    So I am trying TRYING to drink more water , ( I only drink almond milk water and the occasional izze and juice. ( Apple juice sometimes orange)
    When I had my baby 5 months ago one way to help me drink water is Ied add some Apple juice so say I had a bottle that fills 4 cups Ied prob do a cup or half a cup of Apple juice , is this un healthy? I’m still tryna do just plain water but it helps me just get the water down. I know it’s weird but I’ve never liked the taste of water. (: does this still count.

All that matters is hydration and keeping properly hydrated...obviously any liquid consumed would do that.