AaaHhhhh! Macros help

I was happily counting calories and not thinking too much about what I was eating and then joined MFP and started trying to tweak my macros and have been about the same weight for a week now but bouncing all over the place with macro ratios. I was thinking I would try to cut carbs down to 40-45% to try to drop a bit, but I seem to be going up in weight. However, I do think I look thinner, so it’s possible I’m losing inches? Just wondering if I should be patient and stick with low-carb or go back to eating apples, haha.
Also, should I try to limit fat? I am about 35% today, which seems high.
Thanks all!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you were happily counting calories and seeing results, is there a reason why you want to dial more in on macros now?

Being the same weight for a week is pretty normal, even if you're doing everything "right." If you're going up in weight within a week, that's also normal. You'll want to pay attention to the long term trend.

I wouldn't focus so much on macros within a specific day, but over time. Are you generally getting enough protein and fat? Those are the essentials. Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit and you'll want to make sure you get enough protein and fat to support you nutritionally.