Looking for ideas how to get a set of free weights

I want to do some home fitness video. I want to use weights, but seems that there are not many options now in Amazing. Any other idea? Looking for 3,5,8LB
Thanks!

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Things That Weigh Five Pounds
    A two-liter bottle of soda.
    A bag of sugar/rice.

Things That Weigh 10 Pounds
    A large bag of potatoes
    A six-foot aluminum step ladder
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Contact some of your smaller local gyms. Mine are renting out weights, kettlebells, bikes, rowers. There is also Target, the sporting goods stores, Walmart, Bodyrocktv Website had options available yesterday.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I want to do some home fitness video. I want to use weights, but seems that there are not many options now in Amazing. Any other idea? Looking for 3,5,8LB
    Thanks!

Check local listings or Craigslist.

I'm currently selling those sizes from my inventory and I've seen a few others as well.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Normally I would suggest checking Goodwill or other thrift stores. They have those weight frequently. But these are not normal times....
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    A gallon of water is close to 8 lbs. and fairly easy to lift by the handle.
    That makes a 24oz bottle 3 lbs, also easy to handle.
    As @weatherking2019 said, a 2 liter bottle of soda is about 5 lbs (but water is an easier cleanup if it leaks)
    Hope this helps.
  • miss211lbs
    miss211lbs Posts: 22 Member
    Facebook marketplace maybe
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    The blog here had some good ideas. If you have a cat the bulk litter from Costco or Sam's Club is 40lbs. I've been looking for weights too and they're either sold out or twice as much, it's frustrating!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Empty bleach bottles. Fill with water/sand/whatever to get desired weight. They're pretty sturdy and simulate kettlebells pretty well.