My 99th time trying this, I’ve never tried the community so I’m hoping this will help me!!

I’m a self confessed chocoholic and even though I do exercise a bit, I’ve always stayed at a pretty uncomfortable weight. It’s started to effect my self esteem and my relationship.
I really want to do it now, and I hope by utilising this support I can really make it happen!!!

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    @oliviajobi You can do this!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    I've started and restarted so many times I've lost count but the way I see it I only lose the battle if I stop trying. This time (touch wood) I'm doing OK. The support here is amazing and definitely helps me.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Mmm I love chocolate too, but now have to limit myself. I add unsweetened cocoa to coffee or granola I made at home. I’ve learned to love dark chocolate and to eat in moderation like a piece not a bar or two! 😂 yea it was me!stopping my chocolate addiction was hard especially whe I got to where I had sugar cravings for it 😒 so yea you can do this! Add me for a friend if you like ! I love to support my friends
  • mlm7126
    mlm7126 Posts: 30 Member
    Here if you need support! I hear you on starting 99 times, ugh!
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Reading posts has been a HUGE help with keeping me motivated. Keep on trying, you can do this, we're all with you.
  • I’m in the same boat. I’ve tried a million times and now it’s a million and one. I find it easier with not being able to go anywhere right now. I am more conscious of what I am eating and make more of an effort to exercise because I’m not doing my usual running around.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,836 Member
    A lot of great energy on this thread. If you want to try a team approach, with tons of support and great people connections, the Fat2Fit group is taking new registrations. Give it a try! That millionth time could be with this wonderful group.

FAT 2 FIT APRIL REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!!!!

Looking for a support group?
    Looking to get as much as you give?

Fat 2 Fit is inviting you to join! We have been around for over 4 years now - going strong.

We are a weight loss challenge and support group. We have teams for accountability and challenges for motivation.

Come join the best bunch of losers on MFP :)

Click here to see what we are all about:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us? Click here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789583/april-registration#latest
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Totally get it!! I eat desert daily!!! 100 calories or less!! I get my chocolate!! Hahah 😜 all things in moderation!! Make small changes that add up to big reward!! You can and will do this!!
  • cguevarra
    cguevarra Posts: 86 Member
    Hey! I definitely know the struggle when it comes to chocolate, it’s what you call my kryptonite. I used to eat just one square of generic dark chocolate a day to sefice my cravings for chocolate, then I found HU Chocolate, let me tell you..it’s AMAZING! and what you call a game changer. The best part is that they have all different flavors from Dark Chocolate with almond butter, Hazelnut Dark chocolate, Crunchy mint Dark chocolate, Vanilla Crunch Dark chocolate, Salty dark chocolate, to Hunks which are your chocolate covered nuts to even crackers, the best part is that they are ORGANIC, and if you can’t decide on what flavors to get you can create your own bundle!!! For a great price. I will attach the link down below. No, I do not work for HU but when I know something is good and fits the discription for a “healthier” option for chocolate I’m going to stand behind it hence my success in losing weight and also being a Certified Personal trainer and in the process of being a certified nutritionist. I know it can be hard trying and trying and trying again to get on the right path because we all know how hard it is to go to the gym or get motivated to workout because we all have very busy lives to maintain, but with the motivation and the right people next to you, you can be UNSTOPPABLE! Keep working hard and if you ever need some advise That’s why we in the My FitnessPal community are here!!
  • Natalietia
    Natalietia Posts: 25 Member
    I've always struggled with my sweet tooth. I'm such a sugar addict and have to try so hard to keep away...failing miserably most the time. Being at home so much at the moment isn't helping but I'm trying to up my cardio more to combat the eating right now.😊