March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

She has now declared she wants to be a pilot, so I informed her she needs to concentrate on maths, reading a writing if she wants to be, and she wants to learn more. So good when they are this age!

Definitely not the type of parent to push them into anything, but if the opportunity arises to remind them how important school is, I'm not one to let it pass by haha

I think that is a fab career choice! Im a "Hybrid", American on my dad's side, and his brother, my uncle Bob was a pilot, and on my mum's side I'm English, with my cousins in South Africa. My cousin Sean (who is now in Australia) is a pilot (used to fly Princes William & Harry around when they were there) and my other cousin Karen's son is also a pilot!

If you allow her to look at Instagram, there is a lady who I follow who posts some really cool pictures, "PilotMaria". She is a legit pilot from Sweden and is really inspiring. At times, makes me kinda wish I would have chosen to be a pilot, too!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,964 Member
    March Goal: 90 Miles

3/1: 7.62 miles
    3/2: 5.05 miles
    3/3: 5.02 miles
    3/5: 5.05 miles
    3/8: 7.60 miles
    3/10: 5.32 miles
    3/11: 5.26 miles
    3/12: 5.25 miles
    3/14: 9.05 miles
    3/16: 5.55 miles
    3/17: 5.35 miles
    3/18: 5.02 miles
    3/22: 9.02 miles
    3/24: 6.25 miles
    3/25: 5.52 miles
    3/26: 5.05 miles

96.98/90 miles completed for March

296.06/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

Today's run was a tempo run. I ran 5 miles over all with mile 2 and 3 at 10K race pace. It was a good run. It was already pretty warm when I got out, but it wasn't too bad. I am just enjoying being able to get out while I can.

I love all the quilts. Y'all are really good. I have quilted a little,  but mostly t-shirt quilts and so far one baby quilt for my niece.  I just found out my nephew is expecting now so I guess I need to make another one. I have never machine quilted,  just hand quilted.  I can sew a little,  but my daughter is really good. She can make patterns and makes a lot of her own clothes.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon 🤞
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member

She has now declared she wants to be a pilot, so I informed her she needs to concentrate on maths, reading a writing if she wants to be, and she wants to learn more. So good when they are this age!

Definitely not the type of parent to push them into anything, but if the opportunity arises to remind them how important school is, I'm not one to let it pass by haha

I think that is a fab career choice! Im a "Hybrid", American on my dad's side, and his brother, my uncle Bob was a pilot, and on my mum's side I'm English, with my cousins in South Africa. My cousin Sean (who is now in Australia) is a pilot (used to fly Princes William & Harry around when they were there) and my other cousin Karen's son is also a pilot!

If you allow her to look at Instagram, there is a lady who I follow who posts some really cool pictures, "PilotMaria". She is a legit pilot from Sweden and is really inspiring. At times, makes me kinda wish I would have chosen to be a pilot, too!

Awesome! I'll look it up.

@ContraryMaryMary goal for you...
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/120612901/coronavirus-man-runs-ultra-marathon-around-his-house-during-lockdown
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

ETA @katharmonic we could set up a Zoom meeting and all have a beer for you if ya want, make some nachos and sliders? ZoomBar. It’s bound to be a thing soon.

Oh for sure. Virtual happy hours are all the rage. I'm having one tomorrow night with some friends (one of whom is in Brisbane, Australia and we haven't talked in years, but this global situation is bringing us back together, another positive). I'll take some of those nachos though. That would be awesome.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    @quilteryoyo and @bearly63 - I have a planter in the back of our house that had nothing planted in it so I decided it would be my succulent garden. They really much hardier than I realized and very drought resistant. I was actually worried that all the rain we have been having might kill them. I tend to overwater them in the house and the die. The cool thing is you can pop a 'leaf' off and stick in the dirt and it will root and grow. I am pretty sure the one with the pink daisy like flowers is sending out new growths. BTW I had no idea about those flowers until I saw them in the garden or the yellow ones tipped in red. I was pretty excited though when I saw them!

I am doing the 'un-canceled project' challenge too!

@polskagirl01 - I would enjoy the design work and drawing it all out and even the appliqués but someone else would need to do the quilting. I do cross stitch and often design my own patterns for that. I designed and stitched and tablecloth years ago for my MIL. That was probably the biggest project I have done.

My mom was very creative and designed and made pretty much all my clothes until I was in HS. She wanted to be a designer and made all of her own clothes too. She had a doll that she would sew for first to see how it looked and then made the patterns to fit. She helped me to make my 1st very simple basic dress but I was such a perfectionist, ripping out seams, etc. if they weren't perfect to me, that she took it away from me and wouldn't let me finish it. I still have it (still unfinished) as a reminder to myself that everything, especially hand made things don't have to be perfect. I enjoy small craft projects but I know a quilt would be too much for me.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

Me too! But no way I can afford that till my son is out of school and supporting himself. But a pilot's license is in my future. Or so goes my hopes currently.
  • PastorVincent
    Elise4270 wrote: »

y'all getting earlier and early each month LOL. Plan to set up May next week then? :D:D
  • PastorVincent
    What a difference a day makes! I know it's not much for some, but for me it is, so I'll share. I was able to run the first 1.1 miles total, no walking. The 2nd 1.1, I only took 2 1 min walk breaks. I haven't felt that good in a long time. Next run scheduled for Sat morning.

Wow!!! Great job!!
  • PastorVincent
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @shanaber is that your garden? So pretty. Our yard is basically xeriscaped....lots of deer, not so much water in the summer. So I added some pots to get some color. And feed the deer :D

Yeah, we have about 1/2 dozen deer that claim our yard so not much in the way of plants here either.