Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    renydo2 wrote: »
    So what's your thoughts on a guy telling a girl that she doesn't need all that eye make-up she's been putting on - in fact - she looks better with less :#
    It all depends on how well you know the girl and how she feels about herself and make up. Many women love make up as an art form and take pride in their skills. Some use it to cover up insecurities, others just want a little color and to enhance their features. Making an assumption about her motives can be a death sentence for you. A simple, “You are a natural beauty” is enough. She will wear make up or go without regardless of your opinion.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    renydo2 wrote: »
    So what's your thoughts on a guy telling a girl that she doesn't need all that eye make-up she's been putting on - in fact - she looks better with less :#
    It all depends on how well you know the girl and how she feels about herself and make up. Many women love make up as an art form and take pride in their skills. Some use it to cover up insecurities, others just want a little color and to enhance their features. Making an assumption about her motives can be a death sentence for you. A simple, “You are a natural beauty” is enough. She will wear make up or go without regardless of your opinion.

This. I simply compliment a woman in general, and say how beautiful she is. My preference is little to no makeup. But, I do also enjoy watching a woman put her makeup on or take it off in the evening before bed. Kind of like how women can enjoy watching a man shave.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    edited March 2020
    Men-

Do you truly not care if/when people judge you or don’t like you or is it part of some guy code that you’re not supposed to show it

Edited for clarity: by “don’t like you” I mean when anyone, man or woman, child or honey badger, dislikes who you are as a human. I don’t mean when they aren’t romantically interested
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited March 2020
    Men-

Do you truly not care if/when people judge you or don’t like you or is it part of some guy code that you’re not supposed to show it

Depends how hot she is 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...

Oh and Eta... Never ever ever show that *kitten*, never...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Men-

Depends how hot she is 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

I KNEW it!
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    Men-

Edited for clarity: by “don’t like you” I mean when anyone, man or woman, child or honey badger, dislikes who you are as a human. I don’t mean when they aren’t romantically interested

I find I cAre less as I get older - if someone doesn’t like me these days I shrug it off for the most part - I’ll wonder wth I did sometimes cause c’mon what’s not to like 🤷‍♂️ I kid I kid relax ppl - .. but like healthy habits said - you never show that chit
  • TwitchyMacGee
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Men-

I find I cAre less as I get older - if someone doesn’t like me these days I shrug it off for the most part - I’ll wonder wth I did sometimes cause c’mon what’s not to like 🤷‍♂️ I kid I kid relax ppl - .. but like healthy habits said - you never show that chit

I'm kinda in this same boat. It's more of an age thing, but I find that I'm less likely to feel like I need to like everybody as well. I mean, I'm not going out of my way to make anyone miserable, but there are a lotta people that I think "welp, not the type of person I want to spend my time with" so I just leave it at that. With that attitude comes understanding that I'm gonna be that guy for a lot of people, too, and that's okay.

WHY WON’T YOU LOVE ME?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Men-

I'm kinda in this same boat. It's more of an age thing, but I find that I'm less likely to feel like I need to like everybody as well. I mean, I'm not going out of my way to make anyone miserable, but there are a lotta people that I think "welp, not the type of person I want to spend my time with" so I just leave it at that. With that attitude comes understanding that I'm gonna be that guy for a lot of people, too, and that's okay.

WHY WON’T YOU LOVE ME?

But all those times when there was one set of footprints?

That's when I was carrying you

🤣

😑
  • cowsfan12
    Men-

WHY WON’T YOU LOVE ME?

But all those times when there was one set of footprints?

That's when I was carrying you

Greatness my friend .. well played indeed 👏😂
  • cowsfan12
    Men-

Same question for the ladies - is this something you fret about more often than not??
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Men-

Same question for the ladies - is this something you fret about more often than not??

idgaf

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Men-

The only time it might bother me if that if after getting to know one another, it comes out that they've never liked me. Yet, they continued the facade. If that's the case, then depending on the type of interaction with them, I might feel like I've been used or taken advantage of.

Otherwise, I really don't care if a person doesn't like me or not. As long as we show some level of respect towards one another, don't care. Don't show me respect, I'll still show you some. Yet, don't expect me to do anything with/for you in terms of work, other stuff.
  • GettinLean19
    Men-

Absolutely. I’m asking the question because i need tips
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    ladies of mfp-

"im sorry. r u mad at me??"
    or
    "no. i aint done nothing wrong, you're being ridiculous"

which one of those would you rather hear from him?
  • GettinLean19
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

"im sorry. r u mad at me??"
    or
    "no. i aint done nothing wrong, you're being ridiculous"

which one of those would you rather hear from him?

In order? He better be following up #2 with #1 😏
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Men-

I truly do not care. For me, my age/experience has not changed this. It has always been that way.
  • GettinLean19
    Men-

The only time it might bother me if that if after getting to know one another, it comes out that they've never liked me. Yet, they continued the facade. If that's the case, then depending on the type of interaction with them, I might feel like I've been used or taken advantage of.

Otherwise, I really don't care if a person doesn't like me or not. As long as we show some level of respect towards one another, don't care. Don't show me respect, I'll still show you some. Yet, don't expect me to do anything with/for you in terms of work, other stuff.

A true midwesterner at heart ❤️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Men-

To add to your edit...

Honestly no I don't care what others think about me personally...

Any problem someone might have with me, usually is more of a problem they have with themselves... And I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do about that...

People generally have a problem with you because you are too much and it makes them feel less, so they want you to be less to make themselves feel better...

*kitten* that... If I can inspire you to be more, then that's awesome... But I'm never going to be less...

That being said, I have learned that it's important to not swing at everything, sometimes you have to give other people a chance to shine, it's part of lifting others up and just being a good person...