WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Luckily you can’t see me in this picture I was opposite side of the glowing mystery sitting on the toilet 🚽 .. JR took it kept talking to it. Guess God sent me an Angel to watch over me. So blurry can’t make it out .Was nothing in front or in the tub 🛀 I was right there didn’t see anything at all. Weird picture
    l7zi0cwggsld.jpeg

If it worries you that much Grandmallie have him sit in back you up front. He’s front lines he’ll understand.

Ordered pizza 🍕 (diet splurge hubby y me both). Left driver a paper bag with a roll of wrapped Toilet paper 🧻 y 2 boxes of holiday jelly beans. Our drivers are 18yr olds 1 has a wide y baby rest supporting their single moms. If I run out of to I’ll know I did a good thing this month.

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Confirmed Cases and Deaths by Country, Territory, or Conveyance

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 199 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan). The day is reset after midnight GMT+0.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    ❤😴
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Oo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did a Barry’s Bootcamp Upper and Lower Body DVD. Originally, when I bought them, one said upper and the other said lower. But….there’s upper and lower on one. So I still have the other one….wonder if it’s the same way – upper and lower. We shall see. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Body Attack DVD.

Kylia – as far as the 6’ – I know that I’m not very good with distances. Honestly, if there isn’t a tape line or some marker indicating where 6’ is, I wouldn’t know. That’s just me. I have to constantly ask Vince “how big is 9 inches” and things like that.

Heather – thanks for the update about Penny.

Penny – so great to hear from you! Now you can come here more often!

Glad I’m going to get my permanent crown put on later today. They just closed all barbers, hairdressers, etc. Wonder if they’ll be want to close dentists? Then again….what to do in an emergency? Well, I don’t want to find out

Allie – hope you feel better. Why can’t the neighbor drive Dan to work?

Got the permanent crown put on. They can only allow a limited number of people in the office (like I was the only one in the waiting room which really wasn’t bad at all). Now I know why she said she had appts for 10, 11, and 2. They didn’t seem to wear anything different (I guess part of me was expecting that they’d be in a hazmat suit…lol). Not much else was different. They said they aren’t doing routine things like cleaning. But they will see emergencies. For example, they don’t fill cavities unless it’s really hurting a person

Luci NC – I agree with you, sometimes people on facebook can be so intense. Like I have one friend who, don’t get me wrong she’s a great person, feels so strongly that what she believes is THE way it is and everyone should agree with her 100%. If someone disagrees with her way of thinking, she’ll go on and on and on about how her way is the right way. I learned this the hard way. Here we agree to disagree and then move on. I’m in love. Wish PJ were only ½ hr away….but that’s life

Mentioned that Jess probably likes not having to think about dinner, it’s just there. She said “I’d like to go to Chipotle, they have free delivery”. Yea, and the delivery person expects a tip. No, we don’t need to go out to eat.

I’m beginning to hate this having to be in the house all day. Well, tomorrow is supposed to be a really nice day so we’re hoping to do more on the pool. Plus, she asked me to come to the soup kitchen. I’m going to talk to Vince, I really don’t feel like it. Update: I texted them and told them that my husband needs me to help him so I won’t be able to be there. To be honest, I’m a bit concerned.

Made a meatloaf for us to have next week. I’ll go to WM early tomorrow to pick up a prescription and maybe a few other things if they have them (which I doubt)

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    Kylia – as far as the 6’ – I know that I’m not very good with distances. Honestly, if there isn’t a tape line or some marker indicating where 6’ is, I wouldn’t know. That’s just me. I have to constantly ask Vince “how big is 9 inches” and things like that.

Michele NC

This is what I posted on my Facebook site.

Australia is recommending 1.5 metres which is 5 feet. So 6 feet would be when 2 people stand, like in the picture with a bit of space between their hands ... just a bit further apart.

If you want to get precise, measure your arm and Vince's arm ... stand like in the picture and you'll see how far apart you need to be.

3xrawnbymmla.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: It sounds as though you’re going to be okay at work. I hope the bus will have enough room so that people don’t have to crowd close with strangers who may be unhealthy. :flowerforyou:

Amber: Thanks for the serenade! What a fun song about corncobs and more. I loved the Corona Beer on the store shelf. I laughed out loud. DH laughed, too. :star:

Allie: Sending good thoughts for your son to stay healthy. :flowerforyou:

I’m tired of TV shows and plan to go upstairs and read a good book.

Katla
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Rita- Yoda sooo cute!!

Funny video Songs to make you spit out your morning coffee ☕️ or night time pills 💊 depending when you watch it lol 😝

Got love song parodies

https://youtu.be/M5azNpTwVk8

https://youtu.be/ojrtwXqqc6g

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: It sounds as though you’re going to be okay at work. I hope the bus will have enough room so that people don’t have to crowd close with strangers who may be unhealthy. :flowerforyou:

Katla

After today, I don't need to worry about it much anymore. I work from home starting Monday. :)

• Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    There is no way to get caught up reading 20 pages so I am signing out for the time being.
    Hope everyone stays home and safe.
    Marianne-WV
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I awakened at 2:30 this morning. Not quite fully awake, but enough not to be able to fall back asleep. Decided what the heck just get up and get moving. I think subconsciously my mind is a little worked up planning my stock up outing. Today will be my second outing in 11 (yes, 11) days. There is just too much planning to make sure everything is on the list, timing of stops based upon when the stores open, staying safe while out and staying safe once I get home. For now this is our new norm and eventually it will be rote.

Here are the first things coming to mind this morning for my gratefulness list. Some are a little silly.
    • I am grateful for another day on this planet called earth.
    • I am grateful to work for a solid company where I will remain gainfully employed and will continue to get my salary direct deposited.
    • I am grateful for my boss who is allowing me to take a few hours away from the laptop this morning to get stocked up.
    • I am grateful the county I live in finally put in a shelter in place order.
    • I am grateful for all of those who are sheltering in place without an order.
    • I am grateful to have slept until 2:30 am. I could have been up since midnight.
    • I am grateful for the technology that allows me to virtually shop, add a ton of things to my cart, and then delete it.
    • I am grateful for Smokey the Cat who is more than happy to roam the house with me regardless of the hour of night (morning).
    • I am grateful for the support of the MFP community.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
  • Machka9
    Allie - With your medical issues you should be in strict self isolation and not seeing sons, grandchildren etc. Kidney problems are a very high risk if you caught the virus. My ex has gone into strict quarantine because of his kidney issues.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx <3

I agree!!

Allie ... your son and grandchildren can take care of themselves.

If possible, you should get tested!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Penny So very pretty! I bet I won't be able to find Pandemic! but if I can, I'm buying it. I'm in healthcare. We all have morbid sick senses of humor. It would be right up my alley.
    >>>

I think the Belgians and the Newfies and Tracey's grandson have it right.

>>>

Allie Why are some of us concerned about what you are doing? We care about you. Please, for your worried pals, read this article. Then read it again.
    >>>

Machka
    It's still difficult to get tested in the USA. Connecticut's population is 3.5 million. 6500 people have been tested. In that state, over 1000 of the 6500 tested are positive and over 20 people have died. I wish everyone who should be tested, like Allie, could get a test.

You may also be interested in a peek into the debacle at one of our nursing home in Virginia: https://www.richmond.com/news/local/doctors-fault-state-for-delays-in-testing-nursing-home-residents/article_67137658-ec26-53e3-bd77-8c2219b6f5ed.html. https://www.nbc12.com/2020/03/26/family-members-concerned-about-loved-ones-after-th-covid-death-long-term-care-center/
    >>>

Rita You look fabulous! and very happy with your baby Yoda.

>>>

Amber Chuckling over the recent video funnies.

>>>

Gotta go feed the dogs and start my day.

Love ya'll, as Lisa would say.

>>>

Karen in Virginia