March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary I think that is a wonderful idea.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @PastorVincent @janejellyroll we Brits call that a Swiss Roll! Don’t know why. And being fans of stodgy desserts we also make a lard pastry version called quite charmingly a Jam Roly-Poly. It’s very old fashioned though so you don’t see it much.

I think I might have heard them called Swiss Roll too. Okay, I just looked and according to Wikipedia, there are several names: Swiss roll, jelly roll, roll cake, or cream roll, or Swiss Log.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @PastorVincent @janejellyroll we Brits call that a Swiss Roll! Don’t know why. And being fans of stodgy desserts we also make a lard pastry version called quite charmingly a Jam Roly-Poly. It’s very old fashioned though so you don’t see it much.

I think I might have heard them called Swiss Roll too. Okay, I just looked and according to Wikipedia, there are several names: Swiss roll, jelly roll, roll cake, or cream roll, or Swiss Log.

Oooh and chocolate ones too! I admit I made a pumpkin roll a couple days ago and it was a fail. Tasted great, but my pan was too small for the amount of batter and the resulting cake was thick and broke when I tried to roll it.

I biked today. Felt better than last time, also wasn't windy like the other day. So I went a little farther, almost 12k. I'd like to build up my bike rides to double that, but will have to do so over time as it's not exactly flat around my house.

Sounds like you just have to make another one! And keep at it until it is just right, then make more to give out :)
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    3-1 7k moderate
    3-2 7k thresholdish + resistance bands
    3-3 7k moderate
    3-4 rest
    3-5 11k slow
    3-6 7k moderate
    3-7 7k easy
    3-8 7k threshold
    3-9 11k easy
    3-10 rest
    3-11 7k moderate
    3-12 7k moderate
    3-13 11k slow
    3-14 7k moderate
    3-15 8k slow
    3-16 7k easy
    3-17 rest
    3-18 7k slow
    3-19 7k moderate
    3-20 REST
    3-21 7k easy
    3-22 7k easy
    3-23 7k slow
    3-24 rest
    3-25 7k moderate
    3-26 7k moderate
    3-27 rest

March Total: 160k
    March Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k

2020 Total through February: 328k

Scheduled rest day today. Absent serious injury, March goal looks attainable.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:
    4-25 Shine the Light 5k, Twinsburg, OH Cancelled
    5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    If we are telling people what the can and cannot post here or how to post I will be out. This is absolutely *kitten* ridiculous. This is affecting everyone and we can't just pretend it's not happening. I keep seeing runners and triathletes saying they tested positive. It's real. It's here. And people need to *kitten* accept it and stay the *kitten* home.

Guess what? My state is *kitten* hiding/manipulating numbers and saying don't test anymore. I just received word that two people have it that work in the same areas as some of my employees. My DH has a coworker who came to work after his MIL supposedly tested positive. Coworker won't go home and won't tell management. So others told for him. DH has to go to work today and if that coworker is there he will be leaving. After he lets management know his thoughts on this.

Here's a *kitten* spoiler for you
    *kitten* OFF. DONT LIKE IT? *kitten* BLOCK ME

I love that @ hanlonsk put her thoughts on the current ‘situation’ in a spoiler. It would be great to be able to keep this thread mostly about running as it’s such a great topic, and if we want to talk about the 'situation’ we can, but if we don’t, it’s easy to avoid.

I vote all discussion of the virus that is not directly related to our personal running experience be henceforth be put in a spoiler.

Agreed?

For those who don’t know how, preface you text with the word spoiler in square brackets and the same at the end but with the addition of a slash - like this: /spoiler (but in square brackets: [ ] )

well. nothing i have is running related so I guess I've been censored out of this group too. Enjoy your COVID peeps. I've heard a few accounts where healthcare workers are expected to work despite symptoms @RunsOnEspresso. All some of can do is stay educated and lookout for ourselves. Is the spoiler a part of social distancing now?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    If we are telling people what the can and cannot post here or how to post I will be out. This is absolutely *kitten* ridiculous. This is affecting everyone and we can't just pretend it's not happening. I keep seeing runners and triathletes saying they tested positive. It's real. It's here. And people need to *kitten* accept it and stay the *kitten* home.

Guess what? My state is *kitten* hiding/manipulating numbers and saying don't test anymore. I just received word that two people have it that work in the same areas as some of my employees. My DH has a coworker who came to work after his MIL supposedly tested positive. Coworker won't go home and won't tell management. So others told for him. DH has to go to work today and if that coworker is there he will be leaving. After he lets management know his thoughts on this.

Here's a *kitten* spoiler for you
    *kitten* OFF. DONT LIKE IT? *kitten* BLOCK ME

I love that @ hanlonsk put her thoughts on the current ‘situation’ in a spoiler. It would be great to be able to keep this thread mostly about running as it’s such a great topic, and if we want to talk about the 'situation’ we can, but if we don’t, it’s easy to avoid.

I vote all discussion of the virus that is not directly related to our personal running experience be henceforth be put in a spoiler.

Agreed?

For those who don’t know how, preface you text with the word spoiler in square brackets and the same at the end but with the addition of a slash - like this: /spoiler (but in square brackets: [ ] )

well. nothing i have is running related so I guess I've been censored out of this group too. Enjoy your COVID peeps. I've heard a few accounts where healthcare workers are expected to work despite symptoms @RunsOnEspresso. All some of can do is stay educated and lookout for ourselves. Is the spoiler a part of social distancing now?

@Elise4270 We can discuss whatever we want in the fat kid thread. I think I'll stick over there since this thread keeps trying to censor my thoughts.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    3/2 – 6.56 miles
    3/3 – 3.10 miles
    3/4 - 5.01 miles
    3/5 – 3.25 miles
    3/6 – 5.07 miles
    3/7 – 14.07 miles
    3/9 – 5.11 miles
    3/11 – 5.05 miles
    3/14 – 15.49 miles (Peyton’s Wild and Wacky 50k – 2 person relay)
    3/16 – 5.67 miles
    3/18 – 5.16 miles (am); 1.03 (pm)
    3/20 – 5.53 mile birthday run
    3/21 – 10 miles
    3/22 – 9 miles + 1.57 walk
    3/25 – 5.07 miles
    3/26 – 3.26 miles
    3/27 – 5.51 miles

113.68/100 miles

Good morning or afternoon to some of our friends! Beautiful morning to run. The temp was around 49F and the sky was full of stars. Hoping to head to a trail tomorrow for a few miles.