What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Grilled salmon steaks (Tomak--great minds think alike) with lemon juice and salt, Broccolo Romano (this is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli, It has a cone shape and is light green in color, actually beautiful, and has more flavor than cauliflower) with EVOO and salt. I also made a pie with raspberry jam.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Leftover seafood laksa.
    48ximyvw9nhy.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    edited March 2020
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Grilled salmon steaks (Tomak--great minds think alike) with lemon juice and salt, Broccolo Romano (this is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli, It has a cone shape and is light green in color, actually beautiful, and has more flavor than cauliflower) with EVOO and salt. I also made a pie with raspberry jam.

Broccolo Romano......... around here its called Romanesco broccoli. Very expensive, hard to find, but as soon as I see in stores its in my kitchen. Its almost too pretty to cut up and cook haha :)

broccolo-romanesco.jpeg

Yes!! That's my baby! Here, it's cheap--like cauliflower or broccoli in price.

PS: Tomek, how do you cook yours?
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Brown rice with green peas and shrimp and tuna steak! I made mixed nut sauce for the side as well.
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/shrimp-peas-and-rice/
    https://minimalistbaker.com/5-ingredient-peanut-sauce/
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with chickpeas, EVOO, garlic, and a little rosemary.
  • snowflake954

Broccolo Romano......... around here its called Romanesco broccoli. Very expensive, hard to find, but as soon as I see in stores its in my kitchen. Its almost too pretty to cut up and cook haha :)

broccolo-romanesco.jpeg

Yes!! That's my baby! Here, it's cheap--like cauliflower or broccoli in price.

PS: Tomek, how do you cook yours?

My fav was to eat any cauliflower and broccoli is to roast it. Brings out the sweetness. I then add it to various dishes like pasta, stirfry, curries etc.

But this one, since its so pretty... I take the whole head, strip the leafs, place on a plate and loosely cover with plastic wrap, place in a microwave for 5min. It will steam / cook through. I take take it out, paint it with oil and into a hot over at 450F until its all charred. Here you are not cooking it, its already soft, you are only charring it. Yumm.

Sounds good! I'll give that a try. It's on sale now.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member

broccolo-romanesco.jpeg

to show my nerdy side, there's some math wound up in this veggie. beautiful. original "star trek" used to color cut-up sponges to represent alien foods. they should have used this stuff, lol. we don't see it a lot here, except in the big produce/farm markets.
  • snowflake954

broccolo-romanesco.jpeg

A little more about this vegetable. It's called Romano, or Romanesco because, even here in Italy, it's mainly grown in the countryside outside of Rome--Lazio region. Our climate here must be right. It's a winter vegetable, like cauliflower.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Last night's dinner: Homemade chicken soup, oriental turkey burgers over rice, baby carrots, and wine.

My husband and I work different times and don't often have dinner together, so it was a good meal.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with small white beans, EVOO, finely chopped garlic, onion, carrot, celery, parsley, and a whole laurel leaf.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Pasta with small white beans, EVOO, finely chopped garlic, onion, carrot, celery, parsley, and a whole laurel leaf.

Sounds exactly like that great Italian dish...pasta fagioli.

• weatherking2019
    Turkey meatballs (turkey, Parmesan, panko, egg and seasonings) and zoodles with marinara.
  • snowflake954
    vaman wrote: »

Sounds exactly like that great Italian dish...pasta fagioli.

It is!!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    fish patties made from sardines can, tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce salad/omlette with cheese and grilled toast
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Salad with pear, blue cheese and candied pecans to start. My ribeye and shared sides. Carrots were roasted too long and look awful but tasted nice. Mash. Leftover sauces from last weekends roast. Onion gravy and hollandaise. The latter can be reheated at the lowest setting of the microwave.
    kodk18daib5b.jpeg
    dfw0ml8dfvh6.jpeg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    My last meal was a Lenten Friday supper, so I kept it simple: a sweet bell pepper with hummus and a bowl of edamame (well, technically mukimame -- they sell them shelled in little plastic tubs in the produce section sometimes), dressed with rice vinegar, soy sauce, and a little sea salt.
  • weatherking2019
    Spaghetti squash boat with ground beef, shiitake mushrooms cooked with onions and garlic. Topped with cilantro sauce and melted cheese! It was soooo gooood!
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    Eggs and oatmeal start the day off right!