I miss...

Replies

• bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I miss waking up and having no worries in the world. Not worrying if I'll be here for my kids birthdays, for Christmas, for when they get married... all the important things in their life. As much as I try to be positive, sometimes my head plays tricks on me and I'm just scared.

Damn.....there is nothing in my world that i could ever miss more than that. Being scared and still fighting makes you courageous. You got this!

Thank you ❤ you know... I haven't always been nice to you and I'm very sorry for that. You've been nothing but kind to everyone here and I respect you. You're a good person.

Thank you.....started typing out all kinds of things to respond to this with.....but it was becoming a book lol.....so, gracias @_Miss_Chievous is the edited but heartfelt version :)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Feeling connected
  • Watching_The_Wheels
    Watching_The_Wheels Posts: 4,571 Member
    The comfort of being alone...
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    the 1980’s.
    We had no money, one car and worried about paying bills constantly but those were the most wonderful years.
    Raising our son, we were an extrememly close family unit that did everything together.
    It was so much fun.

That sounds lovely honey!🤗💕
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,025 Member
    I miss how my kids used to rush to give me a hug when I walked in from work. My oldest got her learner permit license in the mail today - feeling a bit nostalgic is guess
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    I miss a lot -- probably an age thing. Not gonna be a Downer, though!
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    mtv spring break

hell, any spring break
  • that_night_in_paris
    My left pinky

Pay your debts folks :sleepy:
  • that_night_in_paris
    ... being seen as attractive.

Being "invisible" sucks. Being constantly reminded that all most folks care about or see are your physical attributes (or lack thereof) on a daily basis doesn't help.

I'm reminded often of why I never take photos, never post in the selfie threads and don't really participate in anything in which photos of myself are likely to be taken.

And something tells me that even if I managed to drop 100 lbs and was rail thin, I would still feel and be treated as if I weren't there.
    Being attractive looks like it's draining

You ever see an attractive woman enter a room and all heads shift to her. And she's just there to get her teeth cleaned! Even the damn pictures on the wall tilt. And then you think about how every single day she leaves the house, eyeballs are going to be on her. She can't even like scratch her butt in the lobby after her smoke break or anything like that. I mean she could, but there's going to be an audience and it will probably go viral the next day. There's a territory that comes with being attractive that a lot of ugly people (like me) don't envy.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Being "invisible" sucks. Being constantly reminded that all most folks care about or see are your physical attributes (or lack thereof) on a daily basis doesn't help.

I'm reminded often of why I never take photos, never post in the selfie threads and don't really participate in anything in which photos of myself are likely to be taken.

And something tells me that even if I managed to drop 100 lbs and was rail thin, I would still feel and be treated as if I weren't there.

You ever see an attractive woman enter a room and all heads shift to her. And she's just there to get her teeth cleaned! Even the damn pictures on the wall tilt. And then you think about how every single day she leaves the house, eyeballs are going to be on her. She can't even like scratch her butt in the lobby after her smoke break or anything like that. I mean she could, but there's going to be an audience and it will probably go viral the next day. There's a territory that comes with being attractive that a lot of ugly people (like me) don't envy.

We are two very different people. Sure, there's the downside to being seen as conventionally attractive, but there's a lot of upside to it, too. People treat you differently. It would be nice to not be treated as invisible or as though I'm garbage simply because I'm fat or because I don't wear make up (can't) to cover up blemishes and look like I stepped out of a spa day in and day out.

It's more about how I feel and less about actually looking like a model or a rock star. I imagine people who are older (60+) might understand as a lot of people see the "elderly" as invisible, as well. It just sucks.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    one of the perks of not being single,
    someone to gently rub my neck and shoulders coz it hurts and i can’t reach it. :(
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    someone to gently rub my neck and shoulders coz it hurts and i can’t reach it. :(

*virtual neck/shoulder rub from me . can you feel it now M?? :#<3:*
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member

*virtual neck/shoulder rub from me . can you feel it now M?? :#<3:*

You are so sweet L, thank you 🌹
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    I miss being disciplined with diet. I have one speed. On or off. No moderate.Can't seem to find my mojo and staying on board.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member

We are two very different people. Sure, there's the downside to being seen as conventionally attractive, but there's a lot of upside to it, too. People treat you differently. It would be nice to not be treated as invisible or as though I'm garbage simply because I'm fat or because I don't wear make up (can't) to cover up blemishes and look like I stepped out of a spa day in and day out.

It's more about how I feel and less about actually looking like a model or a rock star. I imagine people who are older (60+) might understand as a lot of people see the "elderly" as invisible, as well. It just sucks.

Can attractiveness be a state of mind. I've come across a lot of unconventional beauty. And a lot comes from something deeper...an inner beauty that shines...maybe shift your focus on the perception. And the perception from others will shift as well.

There's many iconic women who dont fit the beauty mold. I've seen your selfies. You have very striking features.

Just my 2 cents 🤷‍♀️
  • Watching_The_Wheels
    Watching_The_Wheels Posts: 4,571 Member
    edited April 2020
    Dolores O'Riordan...

33x1vob4ogp5.jpeg