Any Over-50 Vegans here? :-)

Replies

• hahalj
    hahalj Posts: 3 Member
    Vegan since last November, working toward whole foods, plant-based, tipping toward 50!
  • catrina140
    catrina140 Posts: 1 Member
    I am turning 61 this year ... started trying to be vegan at 59 .. struggled. This year (as of Jan) I have been strick vegan...no more cheating. I have lost 6 pounds since Jan 1 Im feeling great except my energy is very low. Any suggestions?
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    I am 66 & have been plant-based vegan since Nov 2017 when I had a high blood pressure scare. Blood pressure normal ever since & even though I have some weigh to lose, I feel great, don’t take any pills & have never looked back.
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 161 Member
    50 in November. vegan 12 years and vego for the two decades before that :)
  • TVQ2
    TVQ2 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm almost 70! (Yikes--not sure how that happened!!) A new vegan--just one month. We feel better already, and are dropping pounds slowly but surely. Looking forward to following along with you all!
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    If on the path, it’s well worth persevering with the transition to becoming a healthy plant-based vegan. If you are finding it difficult to be completely vegan, increase the vegetables big time & greatly reduce the animal produce to less than 10% of any meal. I.e. have a small amount of fish or whatever more as a garnish than the main part of any meal. Hope this helps
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    Yes - hello - am new to this so calling myself a Baby Veggie , do occasionally fall off the wagon. Have read that going 100% no meat takes time.
    Nice to meet everyone. 😃😃😃
  • annie5904
    annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
    It does. You get cravings which is only natural. I miss fish and really struggle and even fall off the wagon after two years. I think if you get inspired by lovely vegan food it helps. Make the things you had with meat like chilli. It makes you realise you dont need meat. Also you will save money.
    Annie x
  • RaisedToRamble
    RaisedToRamble Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, I am 51 and have been vegan since 2014. I was vegetarian for quite a few years prior. Meat was never a problem for me to let go of but the cheese, oh my gosh the cheese! It took me a year (no slips) to get over the craving for cheese. I say no slips because I know had I slipped once and had cheese it would have been so much more difficult to let it go again. If anyone wants to add me as a friend, I'd <3 it.

• mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Ah cheese it has been overe ten years and I still miss it!
  • chrisharrington1969
    chrisharrington1969 Posts: 21 Member
    don't like to use the "V" word but have been about 4 years. I allow myself some cheese but use non-dairy cheese whenever possible (like making my own pizza). feel free to add me
  • FloatR
    FloatR Posts: 19 Member
    I started as a vegetarian seven years ago, and switched to vegan about four years ago. I’m 54! My husband is vegan, and so is my daughter. And she converted her boyfriend, who is now vegan too! Add me! My diary is open!
  • louthlass
    louthlass Posts: 10 Member
    64 years young 🙈 vegan for 18 months veggie for 34 years before that.
  • louthlass
    @FloatR I would like to "add" you but not sure how ? 🙈
  • louthlass
    annie5904 Happy Birthday 😊
  • louthlass
    @annie5904 Happy Birthday 😊
  • FloatR
    FloatR Posts: 19 Member
    louthlass wrote: »