Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,004 Member
    edited March 2020
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    How do y’all feel about spinach

Spinach has a very high oxalate count; kale is a better option.

Dear lord can we have one SINGLE conversation without you bringing up oxalates??!?

Did you know that cooked spinach has more oxalates than raw spinach? It's true !

Also, rhubarb is very high in oxalates... but really, who actually eats rhubarb?

It barely counts as a food.

But when its mixed with strawberry in a pie tho..... 😍

Strawberries only have 2mg of Oxalates per 1/2 cup.

I like to live dangerously.

Then have a big plate of Spinach.

...with raw almonds.

I ate approx 5 cups of cooked spinach today. (Lightly sauté/steamed). I used to get kidney stones. Only while pregnant though. So, I’m safe forever now!

ETA....it was 5 cups when raw! Even I’m not that big of a pig about it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Dear lord can we have one SINGLE conversation without you bringing up oxalates??!?

Did you know that cooked spinach has more oxalates than raw spinach? It's true !

Also, rhubarb is very high in oxalates... but really, who actually eats rhubarb?

...with raw almonds.

I ate approx 5 cups of cooked spinach today. (Lightly sauté/steamed). I used to get kidney stones. Only while pregnant though. So, I’m safe forever now!

Red Kidney Beans 1/2 cup Very High 15mg
    Refried Beans 1/2 cup Very High 16mg
    Rhubarb 1/2 cup Very High 541mg
    Rutabaga 1/2 cup mashed Very High 31mg
    Spinach, cooked 1/2 cup Very High 755mg
    Spinach, raw 1 cup Very High 656mg

Tomato Sauce 1/2 cup Very High 17mg
    Turnip 1/2 cup mashed Very High 30mg
    Yams 1/2 cup, cubed Very High 40mg

Life on the Edge.....

and yeah, I was eating spinach most everyday.
    not anymore.
  • MelG7777

...with raw almonds.

Life on the Edge.....

not anymore.

Interesting. Mine only happened while pregnant. And it was awful. I’d rather deliver a baby with no meds. But for me it seemed like red meat triggered it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I probably wasn’t eating much spinach then. And they were definitely calcium oxalate ones.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    What? No listing for the raw almonds @Motorsheen?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Ladies...

Do you prefer a guy that is...

A: Crazy into and needy for you, with no life...

B: Barely has time for you because he's got too much *kitten* going on irl...
  • Motorsheen
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    What? No listing for the raw almonds @Motorsheen?

Almonds 1 oz or 22 kernels Very High 122mg

enjoy at your own peril.
  • Motorsheen

...with raw almonds.

Life on the Edge.....

not anymore.

Interesting. Mine only happened while pregnant. And it was awful. I’d rather deliver a baby with no meds. But for me it seemed like red meat triggered it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I probably wasn’t eating much spinach then. And they were definitely calcium oxalate ones.

Yep, red meat and certain other foods (many that you might not expect).

A huge culprit is: Coke / Diet Coke / Pepsi / Diet Pepsi et. etc.

I drink lemon juice everyday, it's supposed to help inhibit the build-up of a calcium oxalate stone.

• MelG7777

...with raw almonds.

Life on the Edge.....

not anymore.

Yep, red meat and certain other foods (many that you might not expect).

A huge culprit is: Coke / Diet Coke / Pepsi / Diet Pepsi et. etc.

I drink lemon juice everyday, it's supposed to help inhibit the build-up of a calcium oxalate stone.

Yeah, that makes sense. The last time it happened, going on 5 yrs ago, I drank soda too. Was out of town staying with people and not eating or drinking what I was used to. I once drank the undiluted juice of something like 15 lemons. I don’t remember. Like 2 cups or more. It took me a long time. A friend swore by it. When you’re pregnant there’s not much they can do for you. Then I tried to keep drinking ACV after that.
    Btw.....I once had a male nurse in the ER tell me to “settle down” when I was in pain for like 12 hrs from it and they couldn’t get it managed. Da *kitten*?
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Ladies...

B for sure. Always been more attracted to a guy who has a life without me and doesn’t need me to be happy. And tbh when hes really busy it drives me a little crazy in a good way
  • MelG7777
    Ladies...

If I had to pick....B....but I’d prefer him to be crazy into me and have a lot of his own stuff going on too. Barely has time for me kinda sucks. But no life sucks more.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Ladies...

Crazy into me, but with a full life (little needy is good...feels good - like needs ME! (*I feel special)
    Does what he wants to do all the time, but still includes me - and is cool with the same from me

Be your own person, and show interest, care and affection
    ...if you do
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I'm so happy you ladies chose B. I can't stand a clingy woman. Everyone should have their own friends, hobbies, interests , stuff to do without your Sig Other.

It said the man was clingy not the woman.

So I pick A. I'll be the super busy one while the man waits for me.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I'm so happy you ladies chose B. I can't stand a clingy woman. Everyone should have their own friends, hobbies, interests , stuff to do without your Sig Other.

I know, I meant it as I glad they chose the "non clingy" type

In the beginning everyone is overzealous but It’s a lot of pressure if a guy doesn’t have much of a life outside of me. I worry if we break up he’ll have nothing.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Ladies...

B.
    Definitely B.

I dated someone like A. Drove me nuts! He had no life and no friends. I mean, that's nice he was really into me, but it was too much pressure and soooooooo annoying. I ended that and had to block him shortly after cuz he was all "what did I do? Why do nice guys always finish last?!"
    🙄
    This was 2.5 years ago. Since then he has had multiple girlfriends and 2 fiances. All which have moved into his house (within 1 month of dating) and then moved out when the relationship ended. 🤔

Bullet dodged.

Type A is too much like a person who can't be alone. And I don't do well with dating those types.....
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

In the beginning everyone is overzealous but It’s a lot of pressure if a guy doesn’t have much of a life outside of me. I worry if we break up he’ll have nothing.

This has never been me. If I'm in a relationship, I've always tried to maintain a balance between time with them and personal interests. There's always sometimes where can't maintain it. But, that should be the exception and not the rule.

Up until a few months ago, I had too much going on in my life to give time to a relationship. So, I avoided them. Couldn't justify bringing someone into my life when I had no time to give, so why cause unnecessary resentment or pain?

• GettinLean19

This has never been me. If I'm in a relationship, I've always tried to maintain a balance between time with them and personal interests. There's always sometimes where can't maintain it. But, that should be the exception and not the rule.

Up until a few months ago, I had too much going on in my life to give time to a relationship. So, I avoided them. Couldn't justify bringing someone into my life when I had no time to give, so why cause unnecessary resentment or pain?

I get your reasoning but don’t do yourself a disservice based on the assumption that someday you’ll be less busy. In my experience, that elusive someday never comes
  • GettinLean19

I get your reasoning but don’t do yourself a disservice based on the assumption that someday you’ll be less busy. In my experience, that elusive someday never comes

For some, or many, this holds true. In my case, I would disagree. Prior to relocating to where I'm at now, I had an exceptionally busy schedule that left little downtime. If something threw my schedule off, I had no free time to react or do at a different time. Most times, I was lucky to get four hours of sleep a night.

When I relocated, I resigned not only from my full-time job. But, also from the fire department I was a member of and the local Ski Patrol. As well as other volunteer work I did.

Where I'm at now, I am only working my full-time job. Have no plans to get involved with things as I did before. I gave up a lot of myself for years and am now content with working my job and having free time to get back into hobbies I gave up to join the fire department and ski patrol. Now that I have time, I'm much more open to the possibility of a relationship.

Gotcha. Good for you!