JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 109

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited March 2020
    My DIL just texted me this~

Doctors are reporting they now understand the behavior of the COVID 19 virus due to autopsies that they have carried out. This virus is characterized by obstructing respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. So they have discovered that in order to apply a medicine you have to open and unblock these airways so that the treatment can be used to take effect however all of this takes a number of days. Their recommendations for what you can do to safeguard yourself are ...

1) Drink lots of hot liquids - coffees, soups, teas, warm water. In addition take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes bc this keeps your mouth moist and washes any of the virus that’s entered your mouth into your stomach where your gastric juices will neutralize it before it can get to the lungs.
    2) Gargle with an antiseptic and warm water like vinegar or salt or lemon every day if possible
    3) The virus attaches itself to hair and clothes. And detergent or soap kills it but you must take bath or shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down in your home and go straight to the shower. If you cannot wash your clothes daily, hang them in sunlight which also helps to neutralize the virus
    4) Wash metallic surfaces very carefully bc the virus can stay viable on these for up to 9 days. Take note and be vigilant about touching hand rails, door knobs, etc. and keep these clean in home home
    5) Don’t smoke
    6) Wash your hands every 20 minutes with any soap that foams and do this for 20 seconds
    7) Eat fruits and vegetables. Try to elevate your zinc levelS
    8)Animals do not spread the virus to people. Its a person to person transmission.
    9)Try to avoid getting the common flu as this already weakens your system and try to avoid eating and drinking any cold things.
    10) If you feel any discomfort in your throat or a sore throat coming on, attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system through the throat but will sit in the throat for 3-4 days before it passes into your lungs.

In addition ...

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,645 Member
    edited March 2020
    cos4093 wrote: »
    cos4093 wrote: »
    I’m absolutely in! This will be my first round so bear with me. Also, feel free to add me, can never have too many motivational connections 💪🏼.

Today was a really hard day emotionally, and I am a stress/emotional eater. This week will be even harder yet and we have a fridge full of leftovers to eat. Goal for this cycle is going to be portion control and finding moments of peace in the stress. Trying to pep talk myself to do some self-pampering, a workout, a meditation, and tackle the day.

The quote that always helps and might help others: “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.”

27yr F, 4’10”
    Heaviest/Starting/Current Weight: 157.8lbs
    Goal Weight: 125lbs

3/28: 157.8lbs
    3/29: 155.6lbs (-2.2lb!) Talked myself into doing another workout dvd this morning deapite how sick and terrible I felt after doing yesterdays. I’m so glad I did! Muscles feel so sore, but the good kind of accomplished sore. I am an ICU nurse and am on-call for our coronavirus unit overnight tonight, tomorrow night, and tue night so my schedule is a little flip-flopped.
    3/30:
    3/31:
    4/1:
    4/2:
    4/3:
    4/4:
    4/5:
    4/6:

Let’s do it!

@cos4093 Thank you so much for your service. Don't forget to take good care of yourself too. Know that you are greatly appreciated!