Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• DecadeDuchessDecadeDuchess Member Posts: 315 Member Member Posts: 315 Member
    Farmers market negotiators 🙄

Hey they work their tail off and business is sure to dip this coming year..... if you want a bulk deal, that's fine..... but don't haggle over 3 *kitten* apples. Jesus.

I'd never ask someone, to negotiate their prices. If I am unwilling to pay it, then I don't purchase it. I'll walk away & won't even hint why.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 8,127 Member Member Posts: 8,127 Member

Hey they work their tail off and business is sure to dip this coming year..... if you want a bulk deal, that's fine..... but don't haggle over 3 *kitten* apples. Jesus.

I'd never ask someone, to negotiate their prices. If I am unwilling to pay it, then I don't purchase it. I'll walk away & won't even hint why.

Ah, so I'm not the only one. :lol:
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,301 Member Member Posts: 18,301 Member

Really?

What if it's a high ticket item where negotiation is expected?

Would you pay the asking price on a car ? ..... A house ?

Nope! B)
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Really?

If others do what I do, that's the negotiation. They'll either lower the price, without someone asking or hinting directly, for them to do so or they'll choose, not to sell it.

Really?

If others do what I do, that's the negotiation. They'll either lower the price, without someone asking or hinting directly, for them to do so or they'll choose, not to sell it.

So you pay asking price ?

..... or just not buy it ?

That's okay; that's your prerogative.

I always counter offer on something that's a high ticket item.

Obviously, this approach is only used for very few purchased items.

The last time I did this it was for a nice watch. I asked & the salesman & he punched up his calculator and said to me: "Yeah, sure, I can do that." Just asking saved a couple of hundred dollars.

Remember, if you don't ask.... the answer is always 'no'.

• Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 11,623 Member Member Posts: 11,623 Member

OMG so THIS... Thank you for saying it!

Really?

The last time I did this it was for a nice watch. I asked & the salesman & he punched up his calculator and said to me: "Yeah, sure, I can do that." Just asking saved a couple of hundred dollars.

If I am able to afford the asking price, I'll purchase it. If not, I'll look elsewhere for it or something else.

Heck I've even paid more than asking price, if it was obvious that the price was too low. Though it wasn't a high ticket item, they're never affordable for me. An elderly man, was selling yarn candy cane decorations & while I was complimenting his work, he told me that he does it because he likes to & that he sells them, so that he's able to afford to make more. Meaning he wasn't profiting, so I paid him an extra dollar for the small 1's & 2 extra dollars for the large 1's.
    edited March 30

Really?

If I am able to afford the asking price, I'll purchase it. If not, I'll look elsewhere for it or something else.

Heck I've even paid more than asking price, if it was obvious that the price was too low. Though it wasn't a high ticket item, they're never affordable for me. An elderly man, was selling yarn candy can decorations & while I was complimenting his work, he told me that he does it because he likes to & that he sells them, so that he's able to afford to make more. Meaning he wasn't profiting, so I paid him an extra dollar for the small 1's & 2 extra dollars for the large 1's.

Fair Enough.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member

Really?

Will you give me your nice watch?
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Member Posts: 3,400 Member Member Posts: 3,400 Member
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    People who give a long winded response to a yes or no question. I didn't ask you to recite the Unibombers' Manifesto ,a simple yes or no will suffice

Hahahaha hahahahah zagtqoox95yx.gif
    edited March 31
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Member Posts: 3,400 Member Member Posts: 3,400 Member
    I love my better half but when he seasons the meats he’s cooking he never cleans the prepping area.

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

you just might need to earn it.....

the old fashioned way.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

the old fashioned way.

Is that your best offer? I know how to haggle

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

the old fashioned way.

Ha... haggle away!

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

the old fashioned way.

Ha... haggle away!

Ok ok. How about 1/2 *kitten* now and 3/167 *kitten* upon delivery

BUT

you throw in *kitten* to sweeten the deal

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

the old fashioned way.

Ha... haggle away!

BUT

Deal.

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

the old fashioned way.

Ha... haggle away!

BUT

Deal.

Easy mark. I’d have gone as high as 5/167

Really?

@TwitchyMacGee

Sure.

the old fashioned way.

Ha... haggle away!

BUT

Deal.

Easy mark. I’d have gone as high as 5/167

Drat.

That's okay.... 3/167 *kitten* is better than no *kitten* at all.